What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hemp Russet Mites!! Help?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
great...just fucking great. sometimes this game is so damn frustrating. thought i had broad mites, but now its looking like a combo of broad and russet!

can it get any worse lol....

fuck i wish i had spider mites back....never thought i would say that.

gonna have to tear down and nuke everything after this round...

slshemup

if your not to fussy about chemical products,what alot of tabaco,tomatoe and strawberry growers swear by is abamectin (this is the active ingredient in product.the brand names are different to the active ingredient name.product name varies in different countrys) it kills 99.9% of all species of mites and a few other bugs.its not systematic though it works for several weeks.do a google search for product name in your country.

slshemup

trouble with alot of organic bug sprays indoors is the overspray residues left on walls etc are great places for moulds to start breeding.seen it happen in alot of peoples grows.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
oh im breaking out condition red on these mother fuckers...they stepped into the wrong grow room. im gonna nuke my plants so hard that if they die fuck it....

luckily im at a point in my grow where i was already planning on cleaning shop..most of my plants are already into flower and show zero signs of HRM...all the HRM are on veg plants that im probably gonna kill...if the pesticides dont kill them im taking them up north and throwing them into an outdoor guerilla grow seperate from my main garden...

the line up is gonna be

Avid/SNS209

Floramite/SNS217

Forbid

Azamax/Triple Action Neem

Spinosad/SNS209

Avid/Zero Tolerance

and over and over and over and over......

lol these fuckers are gonna die....im drinking my sorrows away tonight and suiting up into a hazmat and going to work...

good news is that i overdiagnosed my indoor veg room, most of the taco leaf curling was not caused by HRM. there are only 2 small veg plants that look to be infected...

my indoor veg start room for my outdoor grow, thats another problem...they got hit hard. i defoliated them tough, pretty much stripped a few down to the top 2-3 nodes. gonna spray spray spray...

slshemup

yes i used chemicals that work for specific problems as i could not be bothered wasting time trying organic this and that and three quarters of the time not getting the results i wanted fast.
never used chemicals in the last 21 days so in reality all residues should be gone.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
well i breath a sigh of relief....i over-diagnosed this problem. i broke out the microscope and tested dozens of leaves from all the worst looking plants....there are zero signs of HRM or eggs. just a few dead broad mites...

there is nothing on the stems either..

so god damn im pretty happy i dont have HRM, just broad mites, which have taken a beating since their last treatments. i havent seen a single live one, and all my plants are bouncing back nicely..

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Oh the memories!
Yes4, happy to hear it's not Russet mites you're dealing with.
As for me, I shut down for a few weeks. Bombed the room a few times, hung a hot shot pest strip and spayed bleach like I've never sprayed before.
Happy to say they're gone. Just finished a run 100% bug free. Haven't been able to say that for a while, I mean not one fungus gnat, not one thrip, nothing!

Another pic, this of a Sour Bubble leaf. Pissed I never got to flower those girls out.

picture.php

S2B

it looks like the buds are "drying" up. It happens from the bottom of the plant up. The buds pretty much start turning brown from the bottom of the bud first. I thought i had some type of fungus.

sorry dont have any pics though. Avid your whole veg room....they are nasty fuckers.

vukman

Veteran
wow........WOW........damn...all the best in battling the 'borg' If you don't mind, you can just keep them over there in the 'mitten' and let's not cross over to this side please..:)
I did battle with the 'cooties' myself (Thrips) but reading this thread and I did a bit of research and man o man, I really got lucky and only got what I got..
I'd pull my eyeballs out if I got those damn little peckers.

BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR BATTLE!!!

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
Wettable sulfer dudes.. we've dealt with them on a warehouse scale ..it works...

Forget all that hazamat stuff...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this thread is making me act a hypochondriac.
im so nervous now, like i might have the russets... hopefully im just over reacting...
my plants are fine, last run i had some issues that might have been russets, ive been looking hard as hell for them but dont see any,
so im relieved i suppose.
still gon b vigilant keepin an eye out for these lil a-holes.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Recommend looking at the Thread on BROAD MITES. The Russets are from the same family. I had both on my plants. Didn;t see it until it was too late. Almost wiped me out. I had just moved back to CA, BAD timing... Don't trust Other's clones (especially dispensaries). One MUST have their own clean Mother room.

Unfortunately, the best cure is AVID. I was BARELY able to beat the BM's with that, and I still may have some Bugs. I, too am paranoid now...

AVID and then an alternate spraying of Supplemental Liquid Sulphur, like SAFER GARDEN FUNGICIDE at 25-30ml/g, with a wetting agent. Also, use of a SILICA additive can;t hurt.

Spider Mites are a walk in the Park compared to these 1/150th of an inch Buggers.

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
HRMs or Broads?

HRMs or Broads?

i got sum thats about 1/50th of an inch....
:comfort::comfort:
look like the lil russets but im not sure yet, my microscope camera thing doesnt get close in enough for me to tell, maybe sum1 w more experience can lend a hand.
i definitely noticed a leaf claw similar to the sour bubba leaf shown in this thread, and last run had some lower buds getting "crispy & dry" like i heard broads will do to plants in late flowering...
ill prolly post these pic in the broad mite thread also, right here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=228387&page=31

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^
im spraying w azamax and spinosad today, tomorrow ill pick up some avid for these assholes.

i have some floramite and tetrasan sitting around, but they are specialized for spidermites, right. floramite sez right on the label not good against broad mites, so i didnt use it right away, not 100% sure if these are broads or hemp russet mites.