What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Panama Red

timmur

PR from Ace is on my list next. Prolly gonna get the breeders pack. I smoked about 1/2 a pinner with a friend before school one time and got completely wasted. Devastating is the right way to put it. It was some of the best weed I've ever smoked. :biggrin:

New hippydon

Panama from cbg

Panama from cbg

This is the panama i grew, i did a fermentation style cure on it. The taste and potency were wonderful, creeper onset nice bubbly up high, with great calming effects. Looking forward to my outdoor grow of this plant

Attachments

• IMG_3096.jpg
    IMG_3096.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3053.jpg
    IMG_3053.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3101.jpg
    IMG_3101.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3108.jpg
    IMG_3108.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 32

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I recently harvested a Guerrero x Panama Red and have smoked it 3 times. Pretty stony and some spacy feelings, best is the euphoria. Quite potent, reminds me of the Colombian Red from 70's.

Swami was the breeder. 1973 Guerrero and 1975 Panama Red. Really I think most of the PR was just Colombian Red at least towards the later 70's.

Ncali

Veteran
I recently harvested a Guerrero x Panama Red and have smoked it 3 times. Pretty stony and some spacy feelings, best is the euphoria. Quite potent, reminds me of the Colombian Red from 70's.

Swami was the breeder. 1973 Guerrero and 1975 Panama Red. Really I think most of the PR was just Colombian Red at least towards the later 70's.

What was flower time like? What makes you mention the colombian, any likeness? (Height, spindle, length of flower, high etc) Sounds like an interesting american sativa hybrid, might have to check it out

:tiphat:
NC

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^ I think it was around 12 weeks flower. I can not compare the buds of my stuff to the old Red as it was compacted. This stuff is not dense at all but the high is fairly heavy for a pure sativa. The old ( 1978) Colombian Red was the first of the strains to have dense buds and a dense high as well, like 90% of today's stuff. I think the original Colombian Red was Punto Rojo which is a soaring light high, and the buds were wispy not at all dense.

I have been reading from Snowhigh and he says the Colombians were originally airy and light in structure as well as the high. By the middle to late 70's they had hybridized many of the plants to get faster flower and higher yield.

The Colombians gave a powerful stoned effect with a lot of seeds in most cases and the tired effect from lots of cbn from sitting around in bad conditions and dried in the sun, also the indica in it. They dried regular Colombian in the sun to bleach it for better sale as 'Gold'.

The late seventies then gave us California and elsewhere giving us selected hybrids with no seeds and fresh. The original great Colombian disappeared for good.