Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Marijuana News > The ‘420 Bill’ to Federally Legalize Marijuana Has Officially Been Introduced

Thread Title Search
View Poll Results: Have You Ever Smoked Weed?
Yes! 25 65.79%
No, not me! 3 7.89%
I don't remember. 10 26.32%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

The ‘420 Bill’ to Federally Legalize Marijuana Has Officially Been Introduced Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2019, 01:50 PM #1
Robrites

Robrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivorRobrites is a survivor
Talking The ‘420 Bill’ to Federally Legalize Marijuana Has Officially Been Introduced

The “420 Bill” is officially on a roll.

A federal bill that would legalize cannabis and regulate it like alcohol was introduced in the Senate on Friday by Democratic Sen. Ron Wyden of Oregon. The bill, the Marijuana Revenue and Regulation Act, has been designated as S. 420 by Wyden and is a companion measure to H.R. 420, which was introduced in the House of Representatives by fellow Oregon Democrat Rep. Earl Blumenauer last month.
A Democratic aide to the Senate Finance Committee, where Wyden is the ranking member, said that the bill aims to “responsibly legalize, tax, and regulate marijuana at the federal level,” according to media reports. Wyden said in a press release on Friday that now is the time for cannabis reform at the national level.
“The federal prohibition of marijuana is wrong, plain and simple. Too many lives have been wasted, and too many economic opportunities have been missed,” Wyden said. “It’s time Congress make the changes Oregonians and Americans across the country are demanding.”
Blumenauer agreed, noting that voters’ opinions on cannabis have changed and that their representatives in Congress should follow suit.

“Oregon has been and continues to be a leader in commonsense marijuana policies and the federal government must catch up,” said Blumenauer. “The American people have elected the most pro-cannabis Congress in American history and significant pieces of legislation are being introduced. The House is doing its work and with the help of Senator Wyden’s leadership in the Senate, we will break through.”
Bill is Part of Legislative Package

S. 420 is part of a package of bills intended to reform federal cannabis policy dubbed by Wyden and Blumenauer as the Path to Marijuana Reform. The other measures in the package, the Small Business Tax Equity Act and the Responsibly Addressing the Marijuana Policy Gap Act. The Small Business Tax Equity Act would repeal provisions of the tax code that deny cannabis businesses the right to take the same tax deductions as companies in other industries.
The Responsibly Addressing the Marijuana Policy Gap Act would remove federal criminal penalties and civil asset forfeiture for individuals and businesses complying with state law. The bill would also give cannabis businesses legal under state law access to banking, bankruptcy protection, marijuana research, and advertising. The bill includes an expungement process for some marijuana convictions which will reduce some of the collateral damage of the War on Drugs, including the denial of federal housing and financial aid. The bill also gives veterans access to legal medical marijuana programs and protects Native American tribes from prosecution under federal cannabis laws.

https://hightimes.com/news/420-bill-...zauy66SJ7bPf-I

Legal Weed is the fastest growing industry in the United States.

Robrites is online now Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:17 PM #2
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Hopefully this federal bill gets thru - and into law - and there is some clause in it that vindicates any current and past federal prosecutions for cannabis use and distribution -

10 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:55 PM #3
gladysvjubb

gladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nicegladysvjubb is just really nice
Hey Man ~ It is getting closer, that is for sure. I still enjoy growing my own. I just love staying stoned. It takes all the pain out of my life. Grow on people!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...light=molasses

Home distilled water: Check on ebay for countertop distillers.

Insects got you down? Try HOTSHOT No Pest Strips (NPS). Say goodbye to spider mites, etc.

$20 Hash Press https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=47524

How to transplant stress free: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...94#post1500194

Need durable Plant Markers? Cut an old venetian blind to your size and label with a Sharpie!

Overgrow the world

*****ANYBODY for President *****

The only WOODSTOCK I saw was the WOODSTOCK of my M-14 rifle.
gladysvjubb is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:00 PM #4
farmerlion
IC Mag Supporter

farmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant futurefarmerlion has a brilliant future
This would be the most significant piece of legislation since the Bill of Rights. I have already been emailing my representatives. NORML does a great job in pre writing letters for individual States. Just fill out your name and address and hit send. Every US. citizen needs to be doing this and please support NORML.
Everyone running for president will be on board for this ride. It may well determine the next President.
Peace. MedDakotabis
farmerlion is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:05 PM #5
bigtacofarmer

bigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant futurebigtacofarmer has a brilliant future
Will we be allowed to grow?
bigtacofarmer is online now Quote

Old 02-09-2019, 06:45 PM #6
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
Hopefully this federal bill gets thru - and into law -
I certainly hope this isn't as bad as I think. I predict this will create a HUGE mess for cannabis going forward. Cannabis is not alcohol, and this legislation bans cultivation without a license.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtacofarmer View Post
Will we be allowed to grow?
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
and there is some clause in it that vindicates any current and past federal prosecutions for cannabis use and distribution -
This is beginning to happen in the individual states, and I don't see why it won't become national at some point. I don't see it happening fast enough is all.

Let's end the ridiculous amount of suffering from ignorance.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2019, 06:54 PM #7
Gypsy Nirvana
Free'd P.O.W.

Gypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivorGypsy Nirvana is a survivor
Well - if it bans home growing - then its not good at all - maybe I was just thinking of my current situation, and wanted the relief of these federal charges against me for selling seeds dropped - so that I can visit my son in Holland - and not risk being shanghaied via this Interpol red notice Doug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
I certainly hope this isn't as bad as I think. I predict this will create a HUGE mess for cannabis going forward. Cannabis is not alcohol, and this legislation bans home growing.

This is beginning to happen in the individual states, and I don't see why it won't become national at some point. I don't see it happening fast enough is all.

Let's end the ridiculous amount of suffering from ignorance.

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2019, 07:08 PM #8
Medfinder

Medfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud ofMedfinder has much to be proud of
In my neck of the woods prices for indoor at 2 a gram... Uhh.. is the price going to be like 1978 when leafy commercial Mexican was 10 bucks for 4 finger lids?
Medfinder is offline Quote

Old 02-09-2019, 07:53 PM #9
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond reputeMJPassion has a reputation beyond repute
VOTE NO!

Isn't this plant taxed enough already?
FUCK TPTB and their theivery!
MJPassion is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:30 PM #10
shaggyballs

shaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud ofshaggyballs has much to be proud of
Legaization is just about getting the blackmarket money in the hands of the already rich.
Once they have control you will be stuck with mail order buds.
Vote no!
I tried to warn of this but I was laughed at.

This seems to be the new catch phrase.
I voted for legalization, but now I have to grow illegally because legalization is too oppressive.
The only thing to change with legalization is the hand the money is flowing to, it now belongs to the already rich bussiness man instead of the pot heads of the world.

This is not good for anyone but the already rich.
Ins and outs of Pythium
OVERGROW FAQ

SEEDPAC Politically Active Cannabis

Fighting for Michigan's Medical Marihuana
Patients and Caregivers rights

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
shaggyballs is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.