Another no pic update:
dimming the exhaust fan further down from around 30% to around 10/15% seems to have done a lot of good.
For the first time since I built the growroom, the thermostats are actually doing something as well.
Couple of times a day the thermostat kicks the exhaust fan into 100% mode to reduce the chamber's temperature, turning over the air inside along the way.
This apparently means that in between the thermostat kicking in, the atmosphere inside the chamber "builds up", i.e. both temps and RH increase, then get balanced out when the thermostat kicks in and gets build up again.
Seems the plants like it. I definitely notice the smell now. Think that was an important step.
In the past I just kept the exhaust fans at ~30-40% dimmed and that probably resulted in too much turnover of the air, leading to reduced temps and RH. Since I run CMH, I actually always ended up having to heat the growspace aside from summer months ...
Anyway, another conclusion I can probably make by this point is that the whole defoliation business is indeed not good for me.
It's been almost 3 weeks now since I did the last defoliation and the plants have not bounced back as I would have hoped/expected and I am certain at this point that things would look a lot better and heavier if I had not done that.
My hope was that the lower, smaller nodes/buds are allowed to catch up to the top buds in this manner and I would have less larf/popcorn buds with this method.
To me it now looks that both my top buds and lower node buds are just held back by this methods and stop swelling up when you defoliate.
The plants now put energy into developing new foliage, which after 3 weeks is not even half way to reaching the level of foliage it had before.
Really seems to have stunted the overall development of the plant.
Won't do that again.
I have about 2-3 weeks for the first G13xSkunk plants to be nearing harvest (60 days according to the website).
The 2 that look furthest along are caked in resin and just by looking, I wouldn't say they could be much more resinous.
One of the pair also has amazing, sweet, bubblegummy, monty smells. Very strong.
The only thing missing from them, again, is weight.
Especially one of the two has grown about as well as I could have hoped (I think). Will snap a few pics of the two and ask y'all a few questions.
Let's see, if they do swell up a bit more in the next 2-3 weeks, it could still be a successful project for the moment.
Otherwise I would say I shot myself in the foot with that defoliation.
Also have to figure out some stuff vis-a-vis how to shape them while growing, what size of plant is realistic for a 5 gal pot etc. etc.
Will be back with more pics and questions soonish.