Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi Style Cob Curing.

Thread Title Search
Malawi Style Cob Curing. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2019, 02:30 AM #3571
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Pure Bliss Panama x Honduras fermented buds

I'm in heaven and its getting better by the minute.
6 weeks old P x H canary style buds.
The smell and taste are outstanding and the fact that the high is out of this world makes this the perfect plant to cure this way.
The fermented smell is mind blowing and everything else taste and effect just add to make this an outstanding combination my small clone will produce a candy bar of fermented perfection in a couple of months life cant get any better.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:15 PM #3572
Fermented

Fermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the roughFermented is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
Some guys on 420 forum reckon it works I dont do it myself I have never got good results from doing it.
To be sure I use fresh harvested bud thats only been drying a day or two.
There are some chemical reactions happening in the fermentation process that no one quite understands yet. These dont seem to occur properly in buds that have been dried then rehydrated.
I've also tried cobbing with re-hydrated bud that had been dried enough to smoke in a joint (but needs re-lighting several times) and all I got was compacted bud ....and also tried with bud that was beginning to bottle cure and that was the same result..little or no difference in the high compared to standard cured bud. As Tangwena said, fermentation doesn't happen unless the bud is "semi-alive" and still retains some moisture and is pliable. If the bud is even a day or two before bottle curing, it's probably too late for fermentation and the positive changes that occur with cobbing won't happen.

The more I cob, the less time I spend air drying the bud beforehand. I only dry (in the humid, slow drying conditions here) for 3 or 4 days, (one week max) then roll them into cobs, the leaves are droopy but still pliable and definitely not crispy.

Around here for most months of the year t takes a minimum of 3 or more weeks to dry bud enough to be ready for bottle curing or to smoke in a joint without going out several times..and even after 20 days, it's not really dry unless a dehumidifier is used. The other advantage to cobbing is that I don't have lots of branches hanging around for weeks. waiting to dry!

Last edited by Fermented; 02-11-2019 at 12:51 PM..
Fermented is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:23 PM #3573
ahortator

ahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to beholdahortator is a splendid one to behold
Hello. Very interesting thread. Thank you very much for your research!

This is tobacco, but imagine...

https://youtu.be/iTZ5PHCrqMA

https://youtu.be/PTEvVwpCKpc

Old 02-11-2019, 11:24 PM #3574
Tangwena

Tangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant futureTangwena has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahortator View Post
Hello. Very interesting thread. Thank you very much for your research!

This is tobacco, but imagine...

https://youtu.be/iTZ5PHCrqMA

https://youtu.be/PTEvVwpCKpc
Never seen this before very interesting. I notice the leaves are semi cured before rolling amazing post thanks for posting my friend.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:27 PM #3575
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermented View Post
I've also tried cobbing with re-hydrated bud that had been dried enough to smoke in a joint (but needs re-lighting several times) and all I got was compacted bud ....and also tried with bud that was beginning to bottle cure and that was the same result..little or no difference in the high compared to standard cured bud. As Tangwena said, fermentation doesn't happen unless the bud is "semi-alive" and still retains some moisture and is pliable. If the bud is even a day or two before bottle curing, it's probably too late for fermentation and the positive changes that occur with cobbing won't happen.

The more I cob, the less time I spend air drying the bud beforehand. I only dry (in the humid, slow drying conditions here) for 3 or 4 days, (one week max) then roll them into cobs, the leaves are droopy but still pliable and definitely not crispy.

Around here for most months of the year t takes a minimum of 3 or more weeks to dry bud enough to be ready for bottle curing or to smoke in a joint without going out several times..and even after 20 days, it's not really dry unless a dehumidifier is used. The other advantage to cobbing is that I don't have lots of branches hanging around for weeks. waiting to dry!
I agree although some have reported a good result I have never experienced it myself and stick with an almost fresh bud just 1 or 2 days dry in my very dry desert type environment.
I have very low humidity and 4 days would produce crispy green hay.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:54 AM #3576
Tangwena

Panama x Honduras resin color

This is a close up of the resin on the cured canary buds this strain seems to shine the most when this caramel color is achieved.

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:10 PM #3577
treepwnzor

treepwnzor will become famous soon enoughtreepwnzor will become famous soon enough
So beautiful, Tangwena!

Lets keep cobs raining in this thread:
- My latest 2 cobs out of zamaldelica that flowered little over 100 days.
I'm pleased with the results so far. Definitely will keep the bigger one for special occasions - like a wedding !

treepwnzor is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:47 PM #3578
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by treepwnzor View Post
So beautiful, Tangwena!

Lets keep cobs raining in this thread:
- My latest 2 cobs out of zamaldelica that flowered little over 100 days.
I'm pleased with the results so far. Definitely will keep the bigger one for special occasions - like a wedding !

View Image

View Image
Lovely colors in those cobs my friend I love the purple hues give them a chance to age and you will love the way they evolve.
Zamaldelica some over 3 years old in my collection is my go to rocket up the ass party party cob.
If I need to go out and party thats the one ha ha.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:16 AM #3579
bugman52
Bug Scissor Hand

bugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivorbugman52 is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien50 View Post
Thank you Tang for this method.

Do i need to remove anything besides the fan leaves before I seal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangwena View Post
You can remove as much or as little as you choose my friend they all end up amalgamated into the compressed bud after the cure.
I personally leave all the sugar leaves on but you dont have to it works just the same on manicured bud.
Just remember you get out what you put in. Great buds make great cobs and visa versa.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien50 View Post
Thanks. My wife was complaining about trimming and I was complaining about weak bud. You solved both our issues.
im not noted for trimming well either , ive been wanting to try this cob curing for a while , it took me a minet to re fined this thread ,i remember that Tangwena had this thread , so now i found it again im gona try an roll a few smaller cobs .

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-13-2019, 02:02 AM #3580
unregistered190

unregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivor
unregistered190 has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman52 View Post
im not noted for trimming well either , ive been wanting to try this cob curing for a while , it took me a minet to re fined this thread ,i remember that Tangwena had this thread , so now i found it again im gona try an roll a few smaller cobs .
Excited to see you trying this technique bugman
unregistered190 is online now Quote