Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Smoking Devices and Accessories > Not really enjoying the switch from joints to vaping

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Zamnesia
Not really enjoying the switch from joints to vaping Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2019, 08:05 PM #121
Switcher56
Confortably numb!

Switcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant futureSwitcher56 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush View Post
I have to admit, now that I've transitioned entirely out of combustion, the quality of high that I consistently get is far nicer than when I smoked. I remember a lot of the time, when smoking, how that horrible ash taste towards the end of the bowl can really linger, acting a bit like a buzz kill. Or when your inhale a little ember? Prevents enjoying the high sometimes. But vaping tastes great all the way to the end. It gets a little toastier by that last puff, but it's never a buzz kill. Also, I get the euphoria regularly. The body tingles and stuff. Vaping brings that out to the fore front

Just want to encourage some of you who want to make vaping work for you. It's worth it. Keep trying.
Yassir! It is all a mind set. That being said... not all vaporizers are created equal. I will go out of my way to patronize a store that have demonstrated that they "listen" to their customers. One size does not fit all.
Switcher56 is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:16 PM #122
Egzoset

Egzoset will become famous soon enoughEgzoset will become famous soon enoughEgzoset will become famous soon enough
Exclamation

Salutations Art.Spliff,

Quote:
Originally Posted by art.spliff View Post
Vaping flowers or concentrate compares favorably to smoking outside.
If it's about finding a cigarette/"joint" substitute then it shall be necessary to accept that only toxic SMOKE offers the characteristic smell, hence this may be perceived as a severe limitation in such type of hobby, while in crowded situations it actually becomes a most valuable feature: e.g. relative stealthy odor neutrality.

These days i can toke all day long and never feel concerned when i open my door to strangers, the same wouldn't apply if i hadn't quit smoking definitively over a decade ago. As a matter of fact the last time i allowed a visitor to smoke under my kitchen's extractor hood above the stove it became necessary to ventilate generously for hours...

Quote:
Edibles or canna caps might be best for a steady maintenance dose.
Honestly that's a totally different experience unless it happens to share a common finality, while all other considerations turn accessorial IMO. Inhalation has characteristics with no equivalent, not to mention the hobby and associated ritual itself; alternatives may even prove unsatisfactory to ex-smokers consequently. Otherwise why not include "medicating" anal plugs as i recall such means of cannabic absorption is by-passing filter organs... Yet that's hardly reminescent of my present consumption method & ritual somehow!

Quote:
...get away from combustion...
Be careful what you wish for, doing so causes ex-smokers to abstain from taking benefit from the addition of "Potentializing" factors to their "Release/Transport Agent", briefly put lets not under-estimate the benefits of extra-hot exhaust gases, though not as clean as those from burning butane and not even vaporized e-liquid substrates... Hence that's one good reminder to insist making a clear distinction between vaporizers and vapes or e-Cigs.

At that point it should seem somewhat more obvious why those 3 consumption methods classify on my VILIFICATION scale in this precise order, with worse on top:
  • SMOKED cigarette/"joint"
  • e-Cig/e-Liquid
  • Selected vaporizer
In comparison popular "Hot Dry Air Ovenizers" with a characteristic specific heat capacity of unity just lack a "Potentializing" agent, while steam is twice dry air, meaning if we consider the minute amounts involved then the overall average rise in Vaporizers or e-Cigs may range inbetween those 2 limits, more like around a 20 ~ 30 % boost perhaps. All i know positively is that it IS a boost IMO, and i'd say THAT is one major feature present in SMOKING as well: e.g. "Potentialization" of the "Release/Transport Agent" exactly.

One other similitude that feels more compatible for substitution purposes would be related to "1-Hitter" consumption modes and rituals. Cigarettes/"joints" get consumed in pulses, essentially... While the venerable Volcano/Arizer and siblings condemn their paying victims to suck long and hard for minutes, or the "baking" which takes place between each inhalation shall cause even more Self-Vilification where none is welcome. M'well, unless the user may be willing to exchange eventual purist principles for a "CHEAT" boost effect fueled by vegetal substrate substances instead of sacred trichome glands alone (ideally...): all of it in days when the economic environment appears to demand conservative rationality, paradoxically...

What You See Is Not What You Get, Your Milage May Vary!

Good day, have fun!!

Last edited by Egzoset; 02-10-2019 at 08:34 PM..
Egzoset is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 08:38 PM #123
Katsu

Katsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really niceKatsu is just really nice
I still submit that the best vaping solution is to squish the flower into rosin and do low-temp dabs. Best flavor, best high, and most discreet.

For portability, I like the MIG Brain Fogger atomizer (under $40) running at about 10W. A pea-sized rosin dab can give you a bunch of very flavorful hits and it's really easy to control (and maintain) the perfect level of "high"

Think before you speak, then think again.
Give freely without expecting anything in return.
My Kush can beat up your Kush
Katsu is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:41 AM #124
Own Garden

Own Garden will become famous soon enoughOwn Garden will become famous soon enoughOwn Garden will become famous soon enough
I bought vapo, and im not using it, i preffer bong with ice and water than vaporizer even if its not that healthy...
Own Garden is offline Quote