Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Nutrients and Fertilizers > Myco/Mychorrhizae Products: What Do YOU Swear By And Why?

Thread Title Search
-
Myco/Mychorrhizae Products: What Do YOU Swear By And Why? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2019, 08:51 PM #21
chronic82

chronic82 will become famous soon enoughchronic82 will become famous soon enough
From experience and nothing I’ve read when I use pure Mykos and nothing else my plants are way more resistant to bugs and stress compared to when I use a myco supplement that has a wide variety of bacteria
chronic82 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:18 PM #22
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by moses wellfleet View Post
Douglas can you elaborate on that?
Sure.

The only known mycorrhizae which creates a symbiotic relationship with cannabis is Glomus Intraradices, or Rhizophagus Intraradices, or Glomus Mossae(sp?)? There was a big naming change a short while back and I see a lot of confusion, including my own. lol
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-10-2019, 09:39 PM #23
BombBudPuffa

BombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Sure.

The only known mycorrhizae which creates a symbiotic relationship with cannabis is Glomus Intraradices. Up until recently it was called Rhizophagus Intraradices.
Resource?
BombBudPuffa is online now Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 10:02 PM #24
chronic82

chronic82 will become famous soon enoughchronic82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Sure.

The only known mycorrhizae which creates a symbiotic relationship with cannabis is Glomus Intraradices. Up until recently it was called Rhizophagus Intraradices.
Thats the mycorrhizae that xtreme gardening uses in mykos. I knew there was something special about this stuff
chronic82 is offline Quote

Old 02-10-2019, 10:56 PM #25
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BombBudPuffa View Post
Resource?
Shaping Fire Podcast #21
Teaming with Microbes and Fungi for Thriving Cannabis with Jeff Lowenfels
Jeff lays it down pretty well. He also mentions his editor having to change every instance of Mossae(sp?) in his books, and change it out with Glomus. (Edit: Had this wrong, my apologies)

Not sure if the podcast/youtube times match up to the download, but the juicy bit is at 40:50. (edit: ok, so he doesn't actually get to the info until 44:50. lol)

Old 02-10-2019, 11:30 PM #26
Cvh

Cvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant futureCvh has a brilliant future
How I understand it there is according to current scientific research indeed only one mycorrhizae that creates an interesting symbiotic relationship with Cannabis: Glomus Intraradices (aka Rhizophagus Intraradices).

There are several other mycorrhizae which create a symbiotic relationship, but current research shows that these aren't all interesting and might even be detrimental.

Also don't confuse endophytes with endomycorrhizae.

Here is a link to an interesting article
https://groweriq.ca/2018/11/29/livin...nnabis-growth/

And a link to the scientific research that is mentionned in the above article about Glomus Mosseae. Which shows that G. Mosseae might be detrimental for Cannabis.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...45653504009634

This doesn't proof that only Glomus Intraradices (aka Rhizophagus Intraradices) is the only interesting mycorrhizae. Maybe future research shows that more mycorrhizae form an interesting symbiotic relationship with Cannabis. And maybe that future research shows that G. Mosseae might be usefull for the uptake of micronutrients.

Edit: Glomus Intraradices is indeed the old name.
Recent molecular analysis of Ribosomal DNA suggested that Glomus Intraradices is not in fact in the genus Glomus at all, and should be renamed Rhizophagus Intraradices.

Cvh is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:40 PM #27
BombBudPuffa

BombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud ofBombBudPuffa has much to be proud of
Quote:
Shaping Fire Podcast #21
Teaming with Microbes and Fungi for Thriving Cannabis with Jeff Lowenfels
Jeff lays it down pretty well. He also mentions his editor having to change every instance of Mossae(sp?) in his books, and change it out with Glomus. (Edit: Had this wrong, my apologies)

Not sure if the podcast/youtube times match up to the download, but the juicy bit is at 40:50. (edit: ok, so he doesn't actually get to the info until 44:50. lol)
Interesting but not sure I buy it. Mosseae and Intraradices are 2 different things and mosseae hasn't been upgraded to Intraradices that I've seen. Glomus Intraradices was upgraded to Rhizophagus irregularis though. Should be easy enough to prove or disprove. Give one clone Intraradices and another myco without it and see if there's a boost in root growth.

Old 02-11-2019, 02:26 AM #28
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombBudPuffa View Post
Interesting but not sure I buy it. Mosseae and Intraradices are 2 different things and mosseae hasn't been upgraded to Intraradices that I've seen. Glomus Intraradices was upgraded to Rhizophagus irregularis though. Should be easy enough to prove or disprove. Give one clone Intraradices and another myco without it and see if there's a boost in root growth.
Cvh has the answer, the mention of mosseae was a mistake by Jeff or I heard him wrong.. Thank you Cvh for clearing that up.

Old 02-11-2019, 03:04 AM #29
moses wellfleet

moses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivormoses wellfleet is a survivor
Very interesting discussion. You often see soil testing mentioned as part of the living soil philosophy. But how many are testing for the presence of these beneficial mycorrhizae, which is probably as important as the presence of elements that provide the nutrients?
moses wellfleet is online now Quote

Old 02-11-2019, 03:20 AM #30
BombBudPuffa

Quote:
Cvh has the answer, the mention of mosseae was a mistake by Jeff or I heard him wrong.. Thank you Cvh for clearing that up.
Ah ok. Maybe he just made a mistake. Anyone know of a myco product without Intraradices?