What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gypsys C99 F2 smoke out.......whoa

G

budz been curin for close to 30 days:D

keep in mind this plant went 69 days, trics were crystally white, with some amber ribbons. bustin the bud up you can feel the trics like sugar. dense bud, best lookin budz in the grow.
593C99curednug-med.JPG

smell was always tropical through out the grow, slight pineapple hint maybe, for sure citrus like.

taste is a nice stingin citrus on the tongue. right to the head wit the first puff, all around the ears and jaws. for me a good sally always locks my jaws, and this girl does it for a extended period of time, 2 hr weed, bumpin this buzz steady though the day results in couchlock with serious munchies. still a good head, just the bodies cashed:D
593C99curednug2-med.JPG

the high continually moves around the body with surges in the limbs. can make typin hard:D i do like it alot and will have to go around again to hunt the pineapple pheno.

CBF

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Great smoke report CBF. Sounds stellar, I have a C99 x NYCD going outside right now, im hoping for the best.

bartender187

G

bartender187 said:
Great smoke report CBF. Sounds stellar, I have a C99 x NYCD going outside right now, im hoping for the best.

bartender187

its been said that C99 really shines in a cross, sorta like original haze, theres killer phenos in the population, but out crossed and they really come through.

CBF

Robhpx13

I know its a ind/ sat. hybrid but wheres the lineage from? nobody ever talks about cindy 99's genes! like I know white widow is some typ of brazillia sativa..

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
From Mr. Soul

From Mr. Soul

This is what I dug up for you Robhpx13....no one tells the story of Cinderella 99 better than Mr. Soul...

"In 1997, I discovered a few seeds in a bud of Jack Herer I bought @ "Sensi Smile" coffeeshop in Amsterdam while there to buy seeds. I didn't expect much when I grew them, but one of those seeds from the JH bud produced a very special female that I call "Princess".

Therefore Princess' mother was a Jack Herer (IF we can believe what Sensi Smile printed on the package) and her father is a totally unidentified mystery plant.

I also got 2 more females (Genius & Cafe'Girl) & several males from those seeds. I used pollen from one of the males on a heavy-yielding, dense, resinous ShivaSkunk (from Sensi Seedbank) female, then grew the resulting seeds to get males to produce pollen to cross Princess with, beginning the cubing process.

The first generation of seeds from Princess were called P.50 because they were 50% Princess. I used males from the P.50 generation to back-cross to Princess to get P.75 and again back-crossed with the P.75 pollen to get P.88 and again with the P.88 pollen to get P.94 which is "Cinderella 99", a cubed version of Princess.

The name "Cinderella" was chosen because of the parallels between this story and the well-known fairy tale in which Cinderella becomes a Princess despite her humble beginning. It's also VERY similar to the story of the "Morgan Horse"...go Figure!

C99 is structurally more sturdy than Princess, as I'd hoped. C99 produces a greater yield too. Characteristic dense, resinous buds of fruity flavour, like Princess', in 50 days of 12/12. So I'm pleased with the seedline in that all the most important elements of Princess are reliably expresed by the C99 plants.

The true-breeding reliability is something that takes a while to prove itself, but the F2 generation of C99 is very much the same as C99 in my experience. I feel, but can't say for certain, that subsequent generations will continue to produce plants with the essential "traits package" of the original C99. That's the theory of cubing.

Over 100 seeds of the original Grimm Bro's Cinderella 99 F1 were grown out for the selection of a prominant male and female that would produce the F2 generation of this much sought after variety. This was accomplished by the Nirvana breeders, specifically looking for the pineapple bouquet that the plant possesses during late flowering and after curing properly. We have found that the F2 generation does not show much variation at all in the length of flowering that the plant takes to finish. But we have found recorded and noted that there are at least 3 distinct phenotypes, the one that we are most interested in is the more compact pineapple smelling/tasting pheno and this is what you should look for if you are hoping to find that holy grail of a mother plant. That being a fast flowering early finishing compact sativa dominant vigorous plant that will give you a soaring typically sativa'ish type of high.

Thanks, dg

Robhpx13

much appreciated DG....I was kind of wondering whats teh diff. between GNO F2's and other companies.....100 plants is a good # to choose from!.....so I take that this is a JHxShiva Sk....BX a lot too dilute the shiva, but how do they get the flowering time down so much I wonder...Isnt JH like an 80 day breed?

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Robhpx13...I'd be inclined to say that's an inherit trait from C'99's Princess side....her mother was JH, but her father a total unknown...so perhaps only Mr. Soul could say for sure :D

dg

Latest posts

Latest posts