What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

once you add PH up can you add PH down??

crunks

ive thrown away galloons of water, mixing up nutes can be rough when you first start out...long ago i was told once you add PH up u cant add ph down and vice versa is this true? and why

G

I do it all the time. Take that as you will, dosn't mean you should.

crunks

hmmm i have in the past also, no thrown them away and used them with no problem...i mean what does it matter...as long as the PH is where it should be

G

i wouldnt worry. ive done the PH dance for hours going back 2 full points each way about 5 times before getting what i want.

Yeah Mon ........

Yeah Mon ........

........... go for it!! Once you figure out what your water ph is from tap its gonna be same all the time so for me 20 gallons water = 20 full eyedropper of ph down + nutes = 5.8 and never varies because nutes will keep stable if I add two gallons to res I add two eye droppers to gallons then pour in!!! have fun!! If I check res and ppm is creeping down then nutes + one eye dropper ph down = ppm up :p

G

Although your water ph will generally stay the same you should of course check it all the time. Never assume it hasn't changed, I made that mistake and almost lost a whole crop.

Periodically your local water supply people will run a higher rate of chemicals through the system to clean it, which will cause your ph to fluctuate drastically, just get in a habit of checking everytime to be safe.

:cool: