What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

wanted to get dayton blower for my 1000w, wich one?

crunks

what size do i need? and is it loud?? i live with neighbors close and i cant have a super loud fan..but im ready to tackle this heat problem.....im ordering a compact flourescent system with 125w daylight spcetrum.....ill be using that for veg...but for bloom im using my 1000w hortilux and i want to go ahead and purchase one of those exhaust blowers that i keep seeing @ the hydro shop i frequent.....my only problem is are they loud? and how EXACTLY do you hoook it up....i decided to try and battle my warm temps with fans and duct work...but i cant seem to get my temps below 84º's for longer than a few hours...i wanna figure this out..hopefully some one can help me out...*_*_*_greeetz_*_*_*

crunks

G

I have the dayton 265 exhausting my 1000w. I hung it next to the 1k, and have it sucking air out of the light and into the ceiling. Not only helps with temps... but helps a lot with humidity as well. I run it for 20 hrs per day. When you hang it like this it's pretty quiet. Pretty good deal for under $70. next size up is the 465 which is only $20 more. :wave:

Click for Larger Image

crunks

well its cheaper than @ my local place... but its a lil pricey on the shipping argh!!....well i decided to go for the 265cmf..lets get exhausting!!! lol i also got a humidity dome for my up coming clones(i got clonex gel today and some rock wool cubes)..i hope im successful for my first time...i almost bought a heated seedling mat but i think i can be pretty successful without one...i didnt realize how cheap BGH was compared to worms way ...jesus!! what a rip off....same compact flourescent system for 45$ cheaper!

doh, too bad i didnt read this earlier. mdhydro.com has the best prices , shoulda got the active air one, quiet and cheap, and comes with input flange built in, plus super fast service. for 70 bucks u can get a hydrofarm active air 465.

Anhedonia

I have the dayton 465cfm cooling a 1000w hood and you can hear it outside the room if you are walking past the door or something. It would sound about the same if there was one of the heavy-duty home fans in the room (patton fan, etc) I'd expect the 265 to be a little quieter and it would cool a 1000w hood easily, it could cool 3-4 hoods without a problem. I keep mine running 24 hrs as it is attached to a carbon filter.

Keep in mind that the in-line centrifugal fan cannot push air down long ducts of venting and their efficiency is going to go down quicker with bends and curves than a blower. And the inlines are x2-3 cost.

Also, there are exhaust fans for bathrooms (sell at Lowes, Home Depot, etc if you're in the United States) that people have great success with though I doubt they are quiet.

Last edited:
my hydrofarm 465 blower cant be heard standing right outside the door at all . I can hear my air pump, but outside that room the fan cant be heard. My buddy has a dayton 465, its a bit louder then mine but not too bad.

Latest posts

Latest posts