What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Red leaf strains?

Robhpx13

whats a good red leaf strain, I think they look gorgeous in pictures, but which are they? any info or pics helps! I know nycd but i think thats it!

Hippo

Check out some of Soma's strains, they seem to have nice red color too em, the one in particular im thinking of looks simply delicious, looks to me like it would actually taste quite sweet but with a sour edge if eaten that is, lol, i doubt it would like, but still, sounds good to me :) . I have no doubt that the bud from said plant with red leaves would be nothing but great bud.
Pics from Http:www.Somaseeds.nl hope its ok for me to link em to here, im sure they will be removed if its not OK, so they can be found at the link Rob :)
Soma's Rockbud: :D
big1_sidecut.jpg

Soma's Lavender :eek:
big1.jpg

Soma's SOMAngo :)
big1.jpg

---

Ime it happens naturally on some strains however it can be induced with other strains just like the cold induced blue and purple's, wat them strains are i dont know.
Personally ive only grown 2 strains that showed color no matter wat and they were black domina and blueberry. The black domina had leaves ranging from green to virtually jet black with red purple and other funky colors inbetween, they also took on some redish colors (amongst others) when starved of nutes at the end of flower. The buds were extemely colorful too.
The blueberry i had showed purpling naturally too, nothing spectacular, just purple leaves and some slight purpling of the calyxes.
Ive grown quite a few strains that went purple or blueish because of colder than normal temps but red i think for the most part anyway would be hard to reproduce with just colder temps (especially just the red color) and u would probably have to do a bit of searching like u are doing now.
sorry for the ramble :)
hope u find wat u r lookin for :)
Later,
Hippo

Robhpx13

thanks hippo for the pics, i saved um and maybe will use them as interchangable backgrounds.....Is the red noticeable on the bud, if so then ive never smoked a red strain before.....I sure would like to try!