What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lottery Jackpots - Never seen this Before

St. Phatty

I'm intrigued about shark attacks as well. Do you think the Hawaii attacks were fatal because it was most likely a Tiger Shark rather than a Great White?

Actually, I was going to say that (Tigers in Hawaii, Great Whites in California) but I didn't want to go overboard.

TOO LATE NOW !! :biggrin:

Also the shark didn't leave a calling card, there was no forensic analysis of the bites.

Also I didn't want to imply that you're better off getting nailed by a Great White. That would be wierd.

re the Lottery - how's this for saying a Prayer -

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20181018_164803_+__.jpg
    IMG_20181018_164803_+__.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 19

CaptainDankness

Holy shit, nobody won and now the jackpot is $1.6 billion dollars. Lol

If I win I might actually run for president. :dance013: After several years of partying and traveling on my brand new $79 million dollar or so super yacht. :biggrin: actually fuck being president I just want the money. Lol

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
The Lotto company must really be cleaning up on this everytime no-body wins - the jackpot gets bigger - then there is more money thrown at it.

Anyway - I wish someone would win it - and it would change their lives for the better.

CaptainDankness

A thousand, million dollar winners would be better.

True, I'm sure a thousand millionaires will create more jobs than 1 billionaire. I don't even know where I would start with a business with a billion dollars, a million that's easy.

Of course I'd probably give a few people several million.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
... I'm sure a thousand millionaires will create more jobs than 1 billionaire. .

Let's be realistic here, a million bucks doesn't go that far anymore and after paying off debts, lot's of those new millionaires would simply sqaunder the rest on drugs, electronics and cars, etc.:tiphat:

...... well at least those were MY plans before I lost.:laughing:

St. Phatty

Let's be realistic here, a million bucks doesn't go that far anymore and after paying off debts, lot's of those new millionaires would simply sqaunder the rest on drugs, electronics and cars, etc.:tiphat:

That's the interesting thing. If I won the state lottery, it would only be about a $3 million net after taxes, which would place me in the middle of the local wealthy people demographic, in a small town in Oregon.

I wouldn't bother with anonymous anything, so it would be less stressful.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
winning that kind of money will get you kidnapped/killed, IF you don't off yourself first with your new lifestyle. if i hit something like that, i would give damn near all of it away so bottom feeders would leave me alone. lots to soup kitchens, local schools, etc. i don't think being rich is what the rich want you to think it is like...:moon:

CaptainDankness

Yeah, not too far most you can do is start a decent business or you're going to go broke. You would think people would focus more on the business opportunity but so many people are going to blow it on shit.

With only one million I'm not buying much that isn't going to be used for business. I know I'd still be happy as fuck if I hit the million dollar prize but I definitely want the billion. :biggrin:

St. Phatty

winning that kind of money will get you kidnapped/killed, IF you don't off yourself first with your new lifestyle. if i hit something like that, i would give damn near all of it away so bottom feeders would leave me alone. lots to soup kitchens, local schools, etc. i don't think being rich is what the rich want you to think it is like...:moon:

That would be my concern.

Definitely less stressful to win 5 numbers, instead of all 6.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bought our tickets, hope we win!! we have as bad a chance as anyone else so you never know when lady luck might smile on you :)

St. Phatty

Won $42 with 4 numbers on the state lottery.

"re-invested" (???) it on some Mega Millions tickets.

Bought 6 so far, figure the best you can do is to increase the odds by a factor of 10.

Had calculated the odds for MegaMillions, but incorrectly.

Because of all the pay-outs for winning 3, 4, or 5 numbers, the odds are better than even - if only one person wins the main jackpot.

Haven't calculated the odds for 3, 4, or 5 numbers, and won't unless Goldman Sachs pays me.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

frikkin' MegaMillions, $1.6 billion; taking the 'cash' option gives you $904,000,000, nearly a billion bucks.......

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran

frikkin' MegaMillions, $1.6 billion; taking the 'cash' option gives you $904,000,000, nearly a billion bucks.......

So 550ish million after taxes.

That should be enough to buy a small third world country.:woohoo:

St. Phatty

Yeah. I asked the sort of Lottery employee, is there a way to avoid the taxes, e.g. give the ticket to a corporation based in Bermuda or something.

They ... did not know.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

okay, a very shrewd accountant should be able to save you some bucks, but still, having 904Mil would be more than anyone like me (age, health etc) could ever deal with; I'm 61 with no kids, no wife and not much family that I'd even consider willing it too. Nope! there wouldn't be any surprise contact from the executor of my estate, no sudden fortunes coming from old uncle Stoner. There's a list of friends in my mind that would suddenly become more comfortable.

it would really be a matter of giving most of it away judiciously, who the heck couldn't live off of $100Mil after that? I'd go 'recluse' in comfort stateside, and could still give more jing away.

Imagine what the interest/earnings would be by investing 850Mil (a million a week :dunno:), give those earnings away during your lifetime; will the rest to family, friends, charities. Just don't believe your mom if she offers 'to hold it for you' yeah, she'd be lying to you.......

igrowone

Veteran
from from i've read, tax options aren't great
IRS feeds well at the lottery trough
anyone recall the waitress that was given a winning ticket by some customer(or such)?
a 'professional' had winnings disbursed to some of her family members in s-corp shares, or similar
idea was this was to be a tax advantage to sharing the dough
it wasn't, IRS didn't care how you tried to split it up, it was income to those folks, full income tax on that
went to court for years, some settlement reached, not something i'd want to deal with, just figure the taxes will be high

Latest posts

Latest posts