What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

So...what's up today?

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning all. Another cold day. Garden is pretty much up to snuff. Gonna go down and do a little pruning and maybe up-pot a couple that I didn't get to yesterday.

Daylight savings time kicked in and changed all clocks a and timers and fans in the garden. Pain.....I know a lot of peeps don't bother but I do so I can stay on my same schedule.

Time to pop jars is here again. Harvested 3 plants days back and moved to jars a couple of days ago. I checked first thing and yup the spongy texture is back. So the next few days crispy to spongy will take place. Couple of weeks in jars and this round will be ready.

Will watch football this afternoon....our local team sucks so it is like watching the same bad movie every Sunday.....don't ask why I do it.....I don't know. I must enjoy self torture.

Going downstairs, turning on some tunes and doing my thing.....

St. Phatty

Time to pop jars is here again. Harvested 3 plants days back and moved to jars a couple of days ago. I checked first thing and yup the spongy texture is back. So the next few days crispy to spongy will take place. Couple of weeks in jars and this round will be ready.

I let hang dry for a week, then cut up into 12 or 8 inch sections & put the raw buds on stems into a 2 gallon or gallon bag.

Then after a day or 2, open the bags. At this point the Cannabis cats start showing interest. As long as they don't pee on them ...

I'd really like to diversify my entertainment. Heard about the 49er's cheerleader taking a knee, now I'm rooting for the 9ers even more. Looks like their record is 1-4 though.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning Phatty.

When harvesting. I cut the fan and bigger sugar leaves off and hang starting at 60% r/h. I hang for the same 7 days or so slowly letting the r/h drop to 50%. When the branches start to snap I de-bone and dry trim.

Denver has gotten to be so competitive that I trim with fly tying scissors and trim to the nub....no fish fins at all. Then paper sacks for a couple of days. Again that crispy feeling.....experience tells when to move to jars.

If you did this right after a couple of days or so the buds start to feel spongy....time to burp. I use a desk fan to change the air and do this as often as necessary to go from spongy to crispy. In a few days the buds start to feel crispy longer and longer. Before long you can leave the lids closed and they really cure nice if done right. If not Mr. Mold will pay you a visit....I try to dry/cure for 30 days. But sometimes demand overrides the 30 days......

St. Phatty

Morning Phatty.

When harvesting. I cut the fan and bigger sugar leaves off and hang starting at 60% r/h. I hang for the same 7 days or so slowly letting the r/h drop to 50%. When the branches start to snap I de-bone and dry trim. ....I try to dry/cure for 30 days. But sometimes demand overrides the 30 days......

Thanks for the info !!

All the bags are open. Partially so I can smell them, partially for fun and partially that helps me figure out where they are.

2 plants hang drying, 2 plants bagged. Getting a very light dusting of seeds from a super-vigorous Sativa I used to knock up a few plants, about 75 yards from the main flowering area.

I usually bend a bud off. If it snaps, I take that as a sign of dryness.

Easing back into smoking, one hit, usually after lunch.

attachment.php

Took the cat for a walk. He lounges around until he gets the urge to climb a tree. Today he jumped from one tree to another, about 7 feet away. When he got down I said, "Very Impressive !" He made his usual half-meow sound, "Meh", or "Mah".

Doesn't exactly look like fall or winter weather there, does it.

Attachments

• IMG_20181030_144513_+_2_.jpg
    IMG_20181030_144513_+_2_.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 14

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
All of a sudden I just realized I can't see the computer screen. Good night.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Another day in paradise, i'm off feed duty so I think I'll just stay inside the gate today even though my replacement pid for my enail is at the post office. I have to go out and vote tomorrow so I will enjoy a home day...

7thson

Thanks for the info !!

All the bags are open. Partially so I can smell them, partially for fun and partially that helps me figure out where they are.

2 plants hang drying, 2 plants bagged. Getting a very light dusting of seeds from a super-vigorous Sativa I used to knock up a few plants, about 75 yards from the main flowering area.

I usually bend a bud off. If it snaps, I take that as a sign of dryness.

Easing back into smoking, one hit, usually after lunch.

View Image

Took the cat for a walk. He lounges around until he gets the urge to climb a tree. Today he jumped from one tree to another, about 7 feet away. When he got down I said, "Very Impressive !" He made his usual half-meow sound, "Meh", or "Mah".

Doesn't exactly look like fall or winter weather there, does it.

I like how you take your cat for a walk.:tiphat:

St. Phatty

I like how you take your cat for a walk.:tiphat:

He has not yet accepted the concept of "Heel".

Isn't that what you say to a dog if you want them to follow you ?

I have to literally carry him down the mountain when the outing is over.

I'm generally trying to show him the parts of the mountain where he is least likely to get shot.

EsterEssence

Veteran
Going to go vote today, first day back on the protocol of microdosing 5 on 2 off, nobody told the dog and cat daylight saving's time ended this last weekend, playing on my bed at 5 am. Got up and made a fire, this neuropathy is a mo fo my foot is on fire today, hope the microdosing helps repair the nerves, nothing pharma has does a fucking thing. Get my pid back today so I am going to get nailed and trim some tasty nugs...

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning potheads.....

It ends today. Political adds are finally gonna stop!!! Now we can get back to watching Attorney's advertise on helping you sue somebody.....

Most all the leaves have now fallen off my trees to I guess I will get up on the roof and clean the gutters today. Necessary evil but has to be done. Thinking I should get the snow blower out of storage and fire it up in preparation for what is eventually coming.

I sprayed for bugs first thing this morning. Spinosad, once a week in veg. If I don't thrps start showing up. Probably can stop for the winter but did it today out of habit.

Will be keeping an eye on what is going on with the election today. This country is a real shitstorm....

More coffee......

St. Phatty

Missed a FANTASTIC picture.

Coming home from the gym on the outskirts of town.

2 cops in full paramilitary gear, harassing some young guy with long hair standing next to his tent.

My criteria for these situations - do not mess with these assholes unless you have your "A game". It's like stepping on a freestyle martial arts mat, even if it doesn't get physical.

Local cops use the "interfering with police operations" charge to discourage picture takers.

Came home and watered the plants.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Good idea Phatty. Don't mess with cops....they are just waiting for a reason. I won't give them one....Yes sir/no sir....thank you very much for the ticket officer.

Well all chores i intended on doing today are done. Got the snow thrower out and it fired on the third pull. Really helps when you put the thing to bed right. If you don't and it is a 2 cycle you have a mess on your hands.

I also got up on the roof and cleaned out the gutters. One of the down spouts was clogged with leaves....ran a hose down it and turned the water on....clean as a whistle....

Thinking about taking a walk as opposed to just sitting and watching day time tv......NO! I'm walking

BB later.....

St. Phatty

Well all chores i intended on doing today are done. Got the snow thrower out and it fired on the third pull. Really helps when you put the thing to bed right. If you don't and it is a 2 cycle you have a mess on your hands.

I find it helps a lot to change the fuel.

Also to drain the carb, if it has a drain plug.

I wasn't up for a confrontation. But I think Rogue Fuzz are totally worth confronting, via photograph & the general act of Public Shaming.

"Hey Boss, we have some old guy here, with serious gum recession, who's taking pictures of us just doing our job. What should we do ?"

"Take away his dental floss and see if he starts crying."

T

Teddybrae

Here in the wonderful Land of Oz we have to guard against mud wasps building nests in the exhausts of two strokes. No matter how clean and fresh your fuel, how sparky your spark plug and how strong is your right arm ... there is no way a two stroke will start if the exhaust is blocked!

You shouldn't hassle your Dentist, St P. He does not understand things the way you do. Be forgiving ...

St. Phatty

You shouldn't hassle your Dentist, St P. He does not understand things the way you do. Be forgiving ...

Depends on which dentist you're talking about. I have 3 of them, with a 4th being moved from the back burner to the front burner, and another 10 to use as references and possible sources of care.

I don't forgive 2 incidents of sloppiness & outright negligence, followed by 2 months of ignorring me while I get help from 2 other dentists. While I'm dealing with a situation that puts a lot of people in the hospital for a month.

On the 'Good News' front, my 2 Baby Silkies made it to High Ground last night.

I am dealing with a determined mountain lion. Last night about 2 AM I heard a sound like a person had just jumped on my deck - just one step.

This morning I found out, it took one hen and one rooster. Ignorred the rooster that was right behind it on the roof, when it jumped on the deck.

I had brought one hen and one Silkie hen indoors, because they were the only ones that would let me catch them. In a situation like this, being willing to be caught & brought inside really is a survival skill for a bird.

I caught the white Silkie mom and brought her inside. That left her 2 hatchlings, now young adults, to figure out things on their own.

attachment.php

They did a fantastic job. Abandoned the 7 foot roost and flew up to the 10 foot roost. I've been putting raw hamburger etc up there for 9 months trying to get them up there.

attachment.php

The night before, the young Silkies heard the cougar eat the fat Barred Rock hen about 20 feet in front of them. That always seems to influence their behavior.

Attachments

• IMG_20181107_072625_+__.jpg
    IMG_20181107_072625_+__.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20181107_074446_+__.jpg
    IMG_20181107_074446_+__.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 12

EsterEssence

Veteran
I'm on grand daughter duty today, pick her up at school and give her a ride home, save her the agony of the bus ride. Going to get some kindling picked up out of the yard, do a little trimming, and I am loving having the nail back even though I only take a couple hits a day.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning.....happy hump day.

Thinking I am gonna make either kief or hash today. I haven't decided yet. Guess I will check and see how much of each I have and go from there.

Also need to make a trash run. Other than that will maybe take a walk once it warms up a bit. 27f but should get close to 50 by mid day.

Lights just popped on so I should go down and check in......