What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Fiddynut

Update and pics.

Update and pics.

Greetings friends.
It's been a long time since I posted an update so let's get to it!

I've got 4 gorilla bubble plants all from clone going in the flower tent. They will be finishing up in the next couple weeks. This is my 4th time growing these clones out so I know what to expect from them. I would say this is my best run with them and I've learned in the past they are light feeders and it's pretty easy to keep them happy if you keep that in mind. Here is a couple pics of them.

You can see how frosty they get and that's why they are a favorite of mine and people that I share it with.

Next round is cobra lips from clone. I got two femails from the half pack of seeds I popped a while back. I mono cropped clones of each femail in two separate runs and decided to run this one again. It yielded well and had some nice flavor. I still have some from the run a few months ago and now that it has cured for a bit it is picking up a little bit of cherry flavor which I never noticed before. The other pheno was bland and had a more fluffy structure so I culled it. I was a little behind on taking the cuts so there will probably be a couple week break between when the GB finishes up and these are ready to flower.

About 6 weeks ago I popped six blue dot X Irene f2 seeds. Out of them I got 3 ladys and I will take cuts from them and flower them out after the cobra lips run. Not sure what I have here but I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'd love to find some OG fire here. Time will tell.

The jungle has been pretty busy with so many plants at different stages and just about every day something needs watering. As spring approaches I want to get all the moms on the same schedule so that I can get away for a couple days when I need to. I want to pheno hunt some more but I think that will have to wait until next fall.

I hope all is well with evdryone reading this and your gardens are healthy and happy!

packerfan79

Veteran
Great update Fiddynuts,

I am about to get these lemon tree og clones (my name since they are supposed to be restricted)into flower this weekend. Just need to cut some clones.

Man I hope you find a nice og leaner, that irene is no joke so its definitely possible. It's nice to have some variety, it's the spice of life after all.

I finally was able to pick up some mephisto autos, so those should be here tommorow. I figure since they don't need 12 hours dark to flower, I can flower them in my veg area . I got double grape, they didn't have a huge selection, I may pick up a few of there 3 bears og, which is a auto version of Karma's og.

Looking forward to the games this weekend. I got a ribeye roast that's going to get smoked Sunday, so good games, and good grub.

Fiddynut

Great update Fiddynuts,

I am about to get these lemon tree og clones (my name since they are supposed to be restricted)into flower this weekend. Just need to cut some clones.

Man I hope you find a nice og leaner, that irene is no joke so its definitely possible. It's nice to have some variety, it's the spice of life after all.

I finally was able to pick up some mephisto autos, so those should be here tommorow. I figure since they don't need 12 hours dark to flower, I can flower them in my veg area . I got double grape, they didn't have a huge selection, I may pick up a few of there 3 bears og, which is a auto version of Karma's og.

Looking forward to the games this weekend. I got a ribeye roast that's going to get smoked Sunday, so good games, and good grub.
Good afternoon Pcackerfan.
Thanks for the kind words about the jungle update!
I'd love to find a nice plant or two in the blue dot X Irene cross. One of the girls is really vigorous and was head and shoulders above the rest before I topped them all. She was so big that I thought for sure she was a male. I've had that a couple times where the tallest growing plant from a few seeds was a lady, even though conventional wisdom is that males grow taller than females. I should know in few months if all goes well.
I hope the lemon OG does well for you and beats your expectations. I grew out lemon wookie a while back and the lemon smell was intense in some of them. I really messed up that grow because I tryed to get another cycle out of a cheap bulb that wasn't up to the task and the buds turned out really fluffy. That reminds me I've got half a pack of LW seeds left and maybe I should revisit that strain. Keep us posted on how those autos do. You've got that awesome veg light so I bet they are going to do great in your veg area.
How did your ribeye roast turn out? I bet it was great! I did ribeye steaks for the game with homemade scalloped potatoes and they were wonderful. Too bad about the packers but SF is just too good of a team and dominated just like that game in November. Maybe next year.

packerfan79

Veteran
Good afternoon Pcackerfan.
Thanks for the kind words about the jungle update!
I'd love to find a nice plant or two in the blue dot X Irene cross. One of the girls is really vigorous and was head and shoulders above the rest before I topped them all. She was so big that I thought for sure she was a male. I've had that a couple times where the tallest growing plant from a few seeds was a lady, even though conventional wisdom is that males grow taller than females. I should know in few months if all goes well.
I hope the lemon OG does well for you and beats your expectations. I grew out lemon wookie a while back and the lemon smell was intense in some of them. I really messed up that grow because I tryed to get another cycle out of a cheap bulb that wasn't up to the task and the buds turned out really fluffy. That reminds me I've got half a pack of LW seeds left and maybe I should revisit that strain. Keep us posted on how those autos do. You've got that awesome veg light so I bet they are going to do great in your veg area.
How did your ribeye roast turn out? I bet it was great! I did ribeye steaks for the game with homemade scalloped potatoes and they were wonderful. Too bad about the packers but SF is just too good of a team and dominated just like that game in November. Maybe next year.

Hey Fiddynuts,

Yeah, packers broke my heart. I knew it was going to be a tough game, at least we didn't get blown out. Always next year.

I wound up doing a pork shoulder. The ribeye roast was still frozen. I guess I miss judged how long it would take to defrost. The pork shoulder, was the best I have done so far on the traeger.

I have high hopes for the lemon og, shes hella vigorous. I have been lst'ing them to keep them short. I would say the canopy is almost perfect. I put them into flower Saturday. Let's see if I can finish this round.

I would definitely try the rest of the lemon wookie, anything from bodhi has the potential to be great. I hope you find something great out of the irene cross. Probably going to start the double grape autos in a couple weeks. They are going to be grown in the veg cabinet, so I can pump up my production somewhat.
Hope all is well with all you jungle mates.
Packerfan79

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
your plants look great fiddy!
looks like you are getting a lot out of your space but not overcrowding them
its especially nice that this isnt your first go-round with the GB' plants and you have an idea of what to expect goign forward
have you experimented with your harvest schedule much with these gals?
/you know, picking some late and some early?
it sounds like you have your grow game dialed in and wont have much down time between harvest and getting the next batch in

that was a great game with the 9ers v the pack but in the end sanfran just had too much going on defense
a.rog is all time but i think they might need to pick up a few more pieces on both sides of the ball
overall not too bad tho for an off year, as it seems they were not the same theam they have been in the past
this years super bowl shuld be a lot of fun with two great teams going at it for 60m
maybe you can thaw out that ribeye roast for the big game
hope you and the fam are all starting the new year off on a great note and things just keep on getting better for you
keep us posted on the lemon trees bruh, that stuff sounds like straight fire
you guys are doing a great job in the garden and i need to get my ass in gear this year

Fiddynut

Greetings friends!
I hope all is well with y'all and your gardens.

@Packerfan.
Your right that the game didn't seem as lopsided as when we played the 9ers in November but they were clearly the best team. Good for the pack for getting as far as they did with a lot of young players and a first year head coach.
It's hard to beat a good pork shoulder brother! They are so juicy and pair so well with the smoke flavor. The only problem I have is that it's hard for me to eat all that food because it's usually just me and my bro. I can take it to work but it's not the same reheated.
That is great news about the lemon OG and I have a feeling that your going to finish these and get great results this time. Keep up the good work and keep us posted!
Your right I should defenatly go another round with the lemon wookie. I was a little bummed after the run I did with them but it was a rookie mistake I made with the bulb and had nothing to do with the genetics.

@pop_rocks.
Thanks brother! Even my wife who was watching me water them a week ago mentioned that they looked really healthy compared to the last couple runs. I think I know what these girls like now and just keep the feed nice and light and they stay nice and happy. I am enjoying being familiar with this strain and it makes for less stress in the grow. I have to look back but I don't think I've done a lot of playing with the schedule. I think I've had plants ready to flower behind them and cut them a little early a coup,e of times. This time I have some time to play with so I might take them an extra week or so. She has been a 9 week girl in previous grows.
I was a little distracted early in the GB SF game but it seemed like the pack had a slow start and got too far behind early. You can't get behind like that to a team like that and expect to win. They are the better team and that's about it. But the packers can feel good about getting where they did and try to build on that for next season.
I'm looking forward to having Sunday's open to do new things again but by next year I'll be ready to give them back up.
I hope your week is going well!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
kick ass my man, hope you are having a great week as well brother!
the weekend is just around the corner and i am ready to have some fun
thats one good thing about growing out a strain a couple times, you get to really know the plant and what she likes
hope this is your best crop to date and you enjoy the smoke
so i mentioned how we are having a blast making your caramel recipe and i finally got some pics uploaded
we put about 100g of trim/ larf into the butter and let it simmer nice and slow for a few hours
picture.php

View image in gallery

i like to start this really early in the day so we have time to put the pot in the fridge and let the butter set up before we drain the water

now the fun begins
i will mix all the ingredients together and once we hit our temps we pour it into these rad molds i got online

they are super strong and have this great weed and candy flavor
people love the sexagonal shape too and it really makes them look pro
we finish off by wrapping them up in wax paper
we get about three trays of them so its about 96 candies in a batch
/i figure they have about a gram of weed in each of them
i will have to get some pics of the final product next time we make them
i cant believe how popular they have become in our circles and we cant seem to make enough of them
thanks again for the recipe brother; we are having a lot of fun with them

Fiddynut

Good afternoon pop_rocks.
This week is cruzing by for me brother. We finally got a few inches of snow last weekend and now we are getting more today, tomorrow and Saturday from the looks of it. It gives me some shoveling to do and since it's winter it might as well snow some. At this rate there should be enough snow at the dog park so that it's not muddy and I can take Eggo and let him run this weekend.
It sure is nice to know these plants well enough that I can easily keep them happy. I remember when I started growing I use to stress about how my plants looked so much that it took some of the fun out of it. I think I'm finally moving from noob grower to inexperienced grower lol.
That butter looks great brother! I love the color. I think I use the same method with water, herb and butter. I do the slow simmer for a couple hours then strain it into a mixing bowl in the fridge and when it cools I pull the puck of butter off. Works great.
I love the honeycomb molds! That six sided shape is real cool! I can see why your getting so popular amongst your friends. Sounds like they pack a punch too. I can see why it's tough to keep up with demand. Keep up the great work man!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happy thursday f'nut!
hope you are winding things down and are all set for a great weekend
no football this weekend but next week we have the super bowl and i cant wait for all the hype
thats nice that you guys are getting some snow on the ground and even better that you and ego can get out to the dog park
how is he doing with the cold and snow? do you think this has been a cold winter?
you are definitely no longer a noob and i would say you are well on your way to "guy who knows his shit" status
you have at least a half dozen good grows under your belt and are able to perform a lot of the more advanced tricks like taking cuts and diagnosing whats wrong in teh garden
keep it up brother and thanks for letting me ride along for all the fun!!
i like to also add tecithin to the mix as its cooking, about a teaspoon full or so
ive never done a side by side comparison as to which is better, with or with out lecithin but i dont think it hurts
the mrs also says its a good preservative and has other benefits as well but im mostly using it as a chelating agent
these thigns are dank and i even enjoy them on the weekends or when im not worried about getting too stoned
/oh yeah brother, it happens:)
hope your week is going great and you slide into an even better weekend mt friend

Fiddynut

happy thursday f'nut!
hope you are winding things down and are all set for a great weekend
no football this weekend but next week we have the super bowl and i cant wait for all the hype
thats nice that you guys are getting some snow on the ground and even better that you and ego can get out to the dog park
how is he doing with the cold and snow? do you think this has been a cold winter?
you are definitely no longer a noob and i would say you are well on your way to "guy who knows his shit" status
you have at least a half dozen good grows under your belt and are able to perform a lot of the more advanced tricks like taking cuts and diagnosing whats wrong in teh garden
keep it up brother and thanks for letting me ride along for all the fun!!
i like to also add tecithin to the mix as its cooking, about a teaspoon full or so
ive never done a side by side comparison as to which is better, with or with out lecithin but i dont think it hurts
the mrs also says its a good preservative and has other benefits as well but im mostly using it as a chelating agent
these thigns are dank and i even enjoy them on the weekends or when im not worried about getting too stoned
/oh yeah brother, it happens:)
hope your week is going great and you slide into an even better weekend mt friend
The week is winding down and it will be nice to have some down time this weekend. I don't know what I'm going to do without a game to plan food and drinks around but I'll find something. I've got some decluttering projects going still in the basement and it will be easer to spend time on that now that there is no football (except the super bowl next Sunday). I always look at this as the time of year to get extra stuff around the house done because there won't be time once spring and especially summer get here.
It's actually been a very mild winter here so far. Other than the very early snowstorm and cold on Halloween it's been nothing to complain about by our standards. We just haven't had any of that really cold shit, like 10-20 degrees below zero cold, polar vortex type shit that we usually get. There is still time for that but I hope we can just skip it this year.
Eggo has been good so far but we haven't spent a lot of time in the cold and snow as we keep our neighborhood walks shorter this time of year. Will be interested to see how he does at the dog park on Sunday. I'll let you know how he does and maybe even get a pic or two of him running with the pack.
I'm not a noob but I defenatly have a lot to learn yet. I'm just happy that I can keep having good harvests and plenty of bud to share and puff. I hope I can keep this up for a long time. And I defenatly remember being on that first grow and really lost when you showed up here to help me. You gave me just the right advice that gave me the confidence to try things and learn from them. I'll never forget that brother!
I hear you about getting a little too high on edibles sometimes. They can make me really tired sometimes too, maybe because my trim has been in the freezer for a long time or something. But lately I've been taking some twards the end of my mushroom trips and it make the come down really nice.
Let's finish this week off and get to some chilling this weekend brother!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening fiddy! hope you are having a great day
that is a great use of your time and i tihnk i will have to get some projects going around the house
i hope you and ego have a great time at the dog park and it would be great to see some pics of the pup! i hear you about cutting the walks shorter when its cold outside and i hope you continue to have a mild winter
i remember hearing about that polar vortex and seeing the big purple blob of cold air covering the northern us
/those temps are straight up dangerous man
we are going to be making another batch of candy this weekend
i will be sure to get some more pics of the whole process
/just because we all like pics
its super foggy outside and me and the mrs are going to go out for a nice walk in the canyons close by
im right there with you on relaxing and doing some chilling this weekend
keep kicking ass my man

Fiddynut

Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and your week is off to a good start.
I had a nice weekend and the weather stayed mild here so I even got out and did some outdoor activities. Eggo and I went to the dog park and he played in the snow with other dogs for over an hour. He lovers to eat snow which I haven't known a dog to do before. I was also able to get out and shoot a game of disc golf and that was a blast. The brightly colored discs are hard to loose track of in the snow but they can get under the snow if it's deep enough and I almost lost a disc that way. I was even at two birdies and two bogies through the 17th hole and even though 18 didn't go well for me I was happy to play that well after so much time off.
Here a re a coupe pics of Eggo running and playing with a couple other dogs from last weekend.

@pop_rocks.
We had a great time at the park.
How was your weekend?
I really don't want to speak too soon but I've enjoyed the mild winter so far. I might even go up to the UP of Michigan and go snowmobiling if this keeps up. Last time I went to the UP it was way too cold and made the riding dangerous and mush less enjoyable.
Your right about those temps being dangerous, if you break down or something when it's 20 or 30 below zero you don't have a lot of time before you freeze to death.
I hope you and your lady had a great walk in the fog!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
happening to all the jungle family!
how is your new year of the rat starting off?!?
/post up guys and just say hello!

evening fiddy! our weekend was great for the most part
the fog walk was a lot of fun but we found one of those roadside memorials by the entrance to one of the parks we walk by
/the canyon goes through numerous neighborhoods, each with its own entry point
it was really kind of sad and mysterious and we have no idea of what happened but
the candles were fresh and the balloons were still aloft, so they had to be placed there recently
the walk itself was great and it was like w whole different place in the fog
we also made some butter this weekend, a double batch in fact
but the mrs wasnt feeling well so we ended up not makign the candy
i got some pics of the butter making (including one cool pic of the disc of freah canna butter) and next saturday we will make anther batch of your caramels my man
i will get some pics of that and post up
thanks for posting the pics of the dog park!
those are all some really good looking dogs and its just what i needed to see
so which one is ego?
the cool guy in the cool sweater?!? or how about that husky looking brown dog, hes a healthy looking dog or the darker one with teh white belly?!?
they all look like great dogs and you can see they are having a lot of fun together
also that looks like a decent sized dog park! lots of room for the dogs to run around and it looks like they have a fence to keep them in
hope your week is off to a great start and it just gets better from here!

Fiddynut

happening to all the jungle family!
how is your new year of the rat starting off?!?
/post up guys and just say hello!

evening fiddy! our weekend was great for the most part
the fog walk was a lot of fun but we found one of those roadside memorials by the entrance to one of the parks we walk by
/the canyon goes through numerous neighborhoods, each with its own entry point
it was really kind of sad and mysterious and we have no idea of what happened but
the candles were fresh and the balloons were still aloft, so they had to be placed there recently
the walk itself was great and it was like w whole different place in the fog
we also made some butter this weekend, a double batch in fact
but the mrs wasnt feeling well so we ended up not makign the candy
i got some pics of the butter making (including one cool pic of the disc of freah canna butter) and next saturday we will make anther batch of your caramels my man
i will get some pics of that and post up
thanks for posting the pics of the dog park!
those are all some really good looking dogs and its just what i needed to see
so which one is ego?
the cool guy in the cool sweater?!? or how about that husky looking brown dog, hes a healthy looking dog or the darker one with teh white belly?!?
they all look like great dogs and you can see they are having a lot of fun together
also that looks like a decent sized dog park! lots of room for the dogs to run around and it looks like they have a fence to keep them in
hope your week is off to a great start and it just gets better from here!
It's good to hear that you had a great weekend!
I know what you mean about the landscape being very diffrent in thick fog and other low visibility conditions. Fog can cause some really interesting effects on things and make things really pretty. I love it sometimes when the conditions are right and there is a thin layer of fog right on the surface of the water. Also when you get up in the mountains and there is an inversion layer and you get up above the clouds it can be one of the coolest sights.
I hope the roadside memorial didn't bring you guys down too much. People do get hit by cars and stuff all the time and it's a bummer and hopefully no one suffered unduly.
Sorry about the pics at the dog park the dogs were running around really fast and it was hard to get pics on my old phone camera. I'll try to get some better action shots. Eggo is the one with the brindle coat and white belly. He has stripes on his sides and is a really unique looking dog. We have no idea what he is a mix of but it must be many mutts. Here is a better pic of him.

They seem to really love running around with and wrestling with each other. Rufus was more of a dog that loved to be with people but Eggo is a dogs dog for sure! He really seams to do well when he get the exercise and gets social at the dog park. I hope to take him a lot more as weather and time permit.
The dog park is huge, several acres, and is fenced so that dogs can't escape. It's so big that if your dog dosent want to leave he or she can run around and avoid you, but that just means they arnt tired yet. There always seems to be a lot of cute ladys there with their dogs too.
Just a few days untill the big game do you have any food planned?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man! ego is sure growing into a niec looking pup for sure man!
you can see it in his face and he sure is a nice dog
fog is great especially around socal
i dont mind the 300+ days of nice weather a year we get but its nice to haev some change every now and then
fog is especially cool
it wasnt a roadside memorial so much as it was near the entrance to the canyon
i see a lot of fresh track on the roads i drive and you can almost recreate the accident from the dark skid marks followed by the destruction at some point on the roadway
but this was near a trail head near a park where who knows what goes on late at night
me and the mrs are going to get a couple pizzas this weekend for sure and then its all up in the air
mrsChicky likes to make veggie trays so we will have something liek that to snack on, plus im having a serious craving for some chicken wings
maybe i will fry up some wings and we can suace them to taste but i also mentioned i would be just as happy with some of tose precooked wings you get at costco; the buffalo nugget ones are especially dank
other than that itskind of up in the air brother
d you have any plans for the big game? will you and the mrs be watching at home or are you going out
hope you are having a great week brother and be sure to give ego some eatra love from me when you get a chance

Sunshineinabag

carolina plott hound

carolina plott hound

It's good to hear that you had a great weekend!
I know what you mean about the landscape being very diffrent in thick fog and other low visibility conditions. Fog can cause some really interesting effects on things and make things really pretty. I love it sometimes when the conditions are right and there is a thin layer of fog right on the surface of the water. Also when you get up in the mountains and there is an inversion layer and you get up above the clouds it can be one of the coolest sights.
I hope the roadside memorial didn't bring you guys down too much. People do get hit by cars and stuff all the time and it's a bummer and hopefully no one suffered unduly.
Sorry about the pics at the dog park the dogs were running around really fast and it was hard to get pics on my old phone camera. I'll try to get some better action shots. Eggo is the one with the brindle coat and white belly. He has stripes on his sides and is a really unique looking dog. We have no idea what he is a mix of but it must be many mutts. Here is a better pic of him.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69749&pictureid=1906969&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=69749&pictureid=1906970&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
They seem to really love running around with and wrestling with each other. Rufus was more of a dog that loved to be with people but Eggo is a dogs dog for sure! He really seams to do well when he get the exercise and gets social at the dog park. I hope to take him a lot more as weather and time permit.
The dog park is huge, several acres, and is fenced so that dogs can't escape. It's so big that if your dog dosent want to leave he or she can run around and avoid you, but that just means they arnt tired yet. There always seems to be a lot of cute ladys there with their dogs too.
Just a few days untill the big game do you have any food planned?

Id be willing to bet he has some carolina plott hound in there.

Fiddynut

oh man! ego is sure growing into a niec looking pup for sure man!
you can see it in his face and he sure is a nice dog
fog is great especially around socal
i dont mind the 300+ days of nice weather a year we get but its nice to haev some change every now and then
fog is especially cool
it wasnt a roadside memorial so much as it was near the entrance to the canyon
i see a lot of fresh track on the roads i drive and you can almost recreate the accident from the dark skid marks followed by the destruction at some point on the roadway
but this was near a trail head near a park where who knows what goes on late at night
me and the mrs are going to get a couple pizzas this weekend for sure and then its all up in the air
mrsChicky likes to make veggie trays so we will have something liek that to snack on, plus im having a serious craving for some chicken wings
maybe i will fry up some wings and we can suace them to taste but i also mentioned i would be just as happy with some of tose precooked wings you get at costco; the buffalo nugget ones are especially dank
other than that itskind of up in the air brother
d you have any plans for the big game? will you and the mrs be watching at home or are you going out
hope you are having a great week brother and be sure to give ego some eatra love from me when you get a chance

Eggo is a great member of our family and has been a fun friend to have around. He is so diffrent than Rufus was but is very special to us. Every time we go to the dog park people comment that his temperament is really good. When other dogs get too rough or try to hump each other he stays out of trouble and always seem to play appropriately. He never needs to bark or growl at the other dogs at the park. In contrast he is still a very dedicated watch dog at home and on neighborhood walks. We use to get frustrated with his watchdog tendencies but have come to accept that it's just how he is wired. I can't wait to get him back to the park where he loves it so much!
I'm jelly about your 300 days of beautiful weather brother. It would be easy to get spoiled by all those nice days but you seem to appreciate them. As much as I like having the 4 distinct seasons winter can drag on way too long and Summer's have been wet and cool the last few years around here. But I couldn't think of a more beautiful scene that ocean, costal mountains, and a bit of fog. I really need to take a vacation to the SD area one of these days.
I see what your saying about the memorial at the canyon. Maybe someone had a fall or something?
Pizza, wings and a veg tray sounds like some great classic super bowl food and that's hard to beat brother. I have a method for wings where I spice and par-deep fry them then go onto a Webber grill to finish cooking and pick up some extra flavor. The sauce I use with them is just half and half open pit BBQ sauce and Frank's red hot sauce.
My bro and I were thinking about going up to the UP of Michigan on Sunday, watching the game up there at a bar, then going snowmobiling for a couple days but we decided against it. It would have pushed the GB harvest off another week and I'm not sure if that would have been good. Instead we are going to take down the plants tonight so they should be ready for final trim and jar up probably Monday when I have the day off. Sunday we are going to turn some pork butts and belly into some fresh Italian sausage and bratwurst. It's been a while since we made any sausage and we are going to have the time. We might BBQ a butt as well and have pulled pork for the game.
My wife isn't really a football fan but my bro and I will be watching from home.
I will give Eggo a nice pet for you and I hope your week is going well too...just a couple more work days and them it's on man!

Fiddynut

Id be willing to bet he has some carolina plott hound in there.

Good afternoon Sunshineinabag.
I had never heard of a Carolina plot hound before but you are right he sure looks a lot like one. He is a little bigger (70 +pounds) and looks a bit stockier but otherwise that's closer to him than any other breed I've seen.
I hope you are well and your garden is thriving!
Thanks man!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
those are good lookin dogs for sure sunshine'
f'nuts dog has similar coloring and might be a mix of plot hound and something else
stick around man, i bet you would fit right in to this group and we have fun talking about our grows and just about everything else from spots to food

that sounds like a great idea for the game fiddy
when was the last time you made some sausages? let us know how they turn out and post up a pic or two if you can! i need to get back on the grinder one of these days
i was thinking about doing a pork shoulder or butt; even one done in the insta pot would give us a good mound of meat
im not sure what we are having for dinner on saturday but i will mention it when we go to the store
the weather is nice for sure but its getting really hard to enjoy it
it feels like cali has gone from bad to worse in the past 10y and add on that everything is so expensive
its not like we are hurting but its hard to believe that we are still paying almost $4 a gallon for gas and its still winter
i see the prices going over $5 this summer and it would take about $60-70 to fill my tank
if you are ever out here let me know and i will treat you to some fish tacos for sure!
we are planning a camping trip for later in feb and i cant wait
hope you had a great wed and are ready for the big game on sunday
no matter what you guys do im sure you and your bro are going to enjoy the game

Sunshineinabag

Im gonna stop in here weekly cause i really enjoy your candor gentleman. I do have a few plants veggin atm but im lacking proper lighting currently to do them proper justice......I really enjoy reading this thread