What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

co2 questions

JD_85

hey guys,
first of all, this my first post here. So hi im jd, and i am looking for a few answers from an experianced co2 user. Any good advice will be appreciated.

im looking into a co2 gen. and i cant realy find a list on equipment and controllers that is needed when starting from non co2 grows
So,
1. what else do i need other than co2 gen and LP?
2. do i NEED to do a clean air flush when lights are on
3. should air pump be in room, or out for 02 to roots
4. if i need co2 meters and optical censors and whatever else, is there an all in one gen. like a plug and play ?

at this time im running 1k per plant. 2 to 3 plants, hydo in colder months and coco in warmer months. gh nuts with bubbled tap h20 with a ppm of 30.
th,
JD

St. Phatty

hey guys,
first of all, this my first post here. So hi im jd, and i am looking for a few answers from an experianced co2 user. Any good advice will be appreciated.

im looking into a co2 gen. and i cant realy find a list on equipment and controllers that is needed when starting from non co2 grows
So,
1. what else do i need other than co2 gen and LP?
2. do i NEED to do a clean air flush when lights are on
3. should air pump be in room, or out for 02 to roots
4. if i need co2 meters and optical censors and whatever else, is there an all in one gen. like a plug and play ?

at this time im running 1k per plant. 2 to 3 plant

Sounds like 2 kW worth of grow-size, something you could fit in a small bedroom but it would fit better in a master bedroom (I'm setting up 1.6 kW right now myself.)

You can generate CO2 by burning. It can be gear intensive or not.

Less gear intensive = burning a rack of 25 "tea-candles" (burn for about 7 hours. took a quick look at the stoichiometry for candle wax. roughly, the weight of the wax is yielded in CO2.)

More gear intensive =

CO2 storage tank + automated valve.

< buy 2 tanks, makes re-fills easier.>

OR

LP or Propane storage tank + automated burner - it sounds like this is the one you were thinking of ?

Most hydro stores that are 'gear-intensive' have something to sell that will emit CO2 into the grow space. Either tank release or an automated burner.

I like Mr. Greentrees/ Hydroponics.net in San Diego and Gotta Grow in Sonoma County.

Another way to do it is with mixtures of water + sugar + yeast ... it ferments and yields alcohol in a sugary mixture.

>> 2. do i NEED to do a clean air flush when lights are on

Yes, the pro grows run ventilation most of the time but sometimes it is necessary to skimp for reasons of stealth.

CO2 generator actually helps compensate for the loss of ventilation. Sort of like making the plant a peace offering after depriving it of primo fresh air.

ruan99

Co2 generator, LP gas, a controller, co2 monitor.

You'll have to have a way to control the generator otherwise it will be constantly on. A simple plug in timer and a co2 monitor will work.
You can also use a co2 controller. This is a device that measures co2 and controls the generator.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Please don't use candles.

Half measures (fungi bags, yeast buckets) waste time and money.

For a space that small, I would go with bottles. CO2 controller, regulator, bottle. Burners produce a lot of heat and water.

You don't need to ventilate at all but most people vent CO2 and the inevitable humidity dump at lights out. A few exchange air one to four times on average during light cycle (literally just running fan for one full air exchange at a time). Constant ventilation will increase CO2 supplementation cost.

Latest posts

Latest posts