What's new

first grow questions

magicturtle

Hey all, i'm planning on growing in a 16''x24''x20'' tent using this light. Any recommendations on if i should be using any supplementary lights, what strains would grow best, how many plants i should aim for, etc? This is my first grow and i've done a lot of independent research but you guys seem to have a lot of experience. I posted this question over in the 150w club but it seems to be a pretty slow thread, so just expanding my search for answers ^_^. Cheers mates!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What type of light? HID/LED?

Should be adequate light.

Depends on if you are doing auto's, photoperiod.

What medium are you growing in - hydro, coco, soil?

Minimum 3 gallon containers for photos. Autos 2 gallon -soil.

Granger2

Veteran
You said 16''x24''x20'' Is this correct? If it is, I don't see how you could do anything even close to 150w. All kinds of problems with a space that small, in particular, that short. Good luck. -granger

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
24" is veerrrryyy short to flower in. The bulb will occupy the top 4-6" of space, so thats 18-20". The plant pots will be 5"+ tall that leaves you 13-15" of vertical space to grow in. The plants must be kept 3-4" from the bulb so that means you can grow 10" plants with that setup. Setting yourself up for failure.

Look into a taller tent to flower in, or bulid a small space in a closet or with tubs or a trashcan. If you HAVE to use that little tent, look into a flourescent fixture. It will fit tighter to the top & will run cooler & will spread the light to the edges of the space better than a single 150w hps.

magicturtle

i've read that it's suggested not to scrog with an autoflowering strain as they dont veg long enough to properly train the plant, can i still get away with scrog'ing?

Cork144

Forget the autos, using a small space you will want to keep a consistent strain so you dail in your spaces potential grow after grow, harder to do with autoflowers as it will forever be from seed grows