What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this light burn

budahphaze

Is this light burn?
1 k hps in a air cooled hood.
RDWC system
Chemdawg strain.
Plant is 15-16 inches from light
Room temps 67-76 Fahrenheit
Oscillating fan
image.jpg

Scrappy-doo

Not light burn. You'll know when you have light burn the tops will become crispy and start yellowing. Looks more like you need to tune up your mix.

budahphaze

I'm not in a sealed room. So no co2 . I'm running 550 ppm..food burn at 550 ? I have had some ph issues.. Bounced high for some days . And tune up my mix? I'm open to suggestions. Or you saying up the nutes?

Cork144

16 inches is too close for a 1000W, learnt the hard way myself havent yeilded nuggets anywhere near as large as my friends 400/600, 20-24inches is best

Scrappy-doo

I have had some ph issues.. Bounced high for some days . And tune up my mix? I'm open to suggestions. Or you saying up the nutes?

No I'm not saying to up your nutes necessarily, I mean it looks like your mix needs to be tweaked. I can see the clear signs of your ph or something else in the mix being off. Don't see nute or light burn. But the ratios of ingredients, water base, or product line needs to be reworked, replaced, and or fine tuned. Something is off but without being there it's hard to say what. All I can say is take a good look at what's going in there or post your recipe in detail so the experienced hydro guys can comment, or use a specific tried and true recipe and nute line that you know is giving them everything they need. The devil is in the detail with hydro. Shit gotta be dialed in and on lock to have consistent happy healthy plants.

budahphaze

No I'm not saying to up your nutes necessarily, I mean it looks like your mix needs to be tweaked. I can see the clear signs of your ph or something else in the mix being off. Don't see nute or light burn. But the ratios of ingredients, water base, or product line needs to be reworked, replaced, and or fine tuned. Something is off but without being there it's hard to say what. All I can say is take a good look at what's going in there or post your recipe in detail so the experienced hydro guys can comment, or use a specific tried and true recipe and nute line that you know is giving them everything they need. The devil is in the detail with hydro. Shit gotta be dialed in and on lock to have consistent happy healthy plants.

OK not sure where to start cause I have been battling Ph issues on and off for a couple weeks now. It all started when I noticed some fan leaves turning into tacos and slight yellowing of bottom leaves. From the sick plant guides I have checked, it was looking like a mag deficiency or mag lock out due to my Ph being in lower 5.0-5.4 range( I like to let my gurls walk threw ph levels. start low and let it climb) but it never got above 5.4 maybe 5.6 and the deficiency started showing.** so my Mix that I was using was a straight forward lucas formula with GH micro and GH bloom in RO water until I reached my desired PPMs. OK so my thought process was ADD some GH organic calimag to my RO water until 200 PPM then add in my normal mix till I reached 700ppm and I adjusted PH to 6.0 for mag lock out issue. After this res change went in, all hell broke loose with my PH levels( swing was from 6.0-7.?) and my res got foamy and stinky!I used ph down once a day to bring it down but was not staying down. I assumed it was my GH organic calimag. Second time I have introduced organics into my system and had bad luck. Anyway, not wanting to mix up some tea and battle the bad bacteria with good bacteria. I just ditched that batch and started all over. **So this res change I did TAP water with 1ml per gallon of h2o2 to clean up my system. I used up my bottles of GH micro and bloom so I got maxibloom. mixed in Maxibloom with the tap/h2o2 water and got rid of the stinky foamy res this way. Now PH is stable @~6.3 . Another week goes by and another res change. Not wanting to change much I used TAP water with half strength h2o2 (.5 ml per gallon) and brought ppms down to 550 with maxibloom. 2nd day in on this res change(current one) PH jumped up for a day to 7 (which is frustrating cause it was under control on last res change) but I got it down and the ph levels have been fine for a couple days, 5.9 currently.

*current mix of nutes ... maxibloom, h2o2, tap water( until I get my res stable then back to RO water)

This should give you an idea of whats been going with my grow and looking forward to some help from experienced hydro pros. Let me know if there is any other info needed to help dial this issue in.

Thanks a bunch Scrappy-doo!
Budahphaze

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Looks more like the white tips i was getting when keeping plants too close to leds than any feeding related problem I've ever seen. Too much light intensity hits those leaf surfaces = light bleaching. :2cents:

budahphaze

ok Thank you guys for your input.. i pulled up the light another couple inches.. we are at 18 inches.. I will keep it updated see what happens.

Latest posts

Latest posts