What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Florida Growers Thread; Reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

gh0st9

Veteran
Organic soil may have the most petulant, impatient, blinded, vindictive and judgemental subsects there are in the canna growing world. The further you go in those realms the worse the militant echochamber becomes. Now I'm not saying every organic grower is culpable. In fact quite the opposite some of the best, most kindhearted, most skilled growers I know or see come out of this camp as well.. it just gets me how lots of these people will bash science and methodology or data when it doesn't suit their viewpoint but otherwise when they need quantifiable sets of data to back their claims or refute others' then plant science is required... Can't count how many times I've seen the classic fallacy - "natives been growing without x or y for eons!!! Thank god for botanists and plant sciences (heavy Sarcasm)" then turn around and ask for academic links in another post.

^^my two cents on the whole organics forum matter. As you guys can plainly see, I don't care much for militant hippies..

Aspenou812

Veteran
Organic soil may have the most petulant, impatient, blinded, vindictive and judgemental subsects there are in the canna growing world. The further you go in those realms the worse the militant echochamber becomes. Now I'm not saying every organic grower is culpable. In fact quite the opposite some of the best, most kindhearted, most skilled growers I know or see come out of this camp as well.. it just gets me how lots of these people will bash science and methodology or data when it doesn't suit their viewpoint but otherwise when they need quantifiable sets of data to back their claims or refute others' then plant science is required... Can't count how many times I've seen the classic fallacy - "natives been growing without x or y for eons!!! Thank god for botanists and plant sciences (heavy Sarcasm)" then turn around and ask for academic links in another post.

^^my two cents on the whole organics forum matter. As you guys can plainly see, I don't care much for militant hippies..

Love it Ghost that's why i ask that question here instead of there in with those hippie Militants lmao :tiphat:

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Got roots on a TT and a Bubba......Glue should have roots tomorrow. Check your inbox gentlemen

picture.php

Catatafish

Veteran
Nice notes on the amendments/flavors DF!

Militant Hippies, lol....made me think of cartman taking them out in that south park episode.

Buckets looks stocked up on GS for awhile.

Trimming up some WFA currently but that shit is slow going.....scissors are glued together pretty quick like.

bucketswithsoil

support your local surfboard builder...
Nice notes on the amendments/flavors DF!

Militant Hippies, lol....made me think of cartman taking them out in that south park episode.

Buckets looks stocked up on GS for awhile.

Trimming up some WFA currently but that shit is slow going.....scissors are glued together pretty quick like.

glued up scissors huh..... I LIKE.... :biggrin:
Stocked up,but not for long...i gots to eat,and pay bills... :biggrin: :dance013:

RockinRobot

Looking good there buckets. Looks like you'll soon have some tasty smoke dried out.

Started the new Flower room today. All framed in and lights are hung.

picture.php

picture.php

Hugh Midity

Veteran
Cheeb you saved my life bro, thanks to you I won't have to take a hit on the next round, much appreciated brother

Last edited:

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran

That is precisely why my summary of organic information is in a single post, made into a sticky, on my own sub-forum...and the thread LOCKED. :biggrin:

At the point when it becomes an ideology I tend to step aside and let those who are more...certain of their place in the world...take the lead. I'm just trying to grow the best medicine I possibly can - not create a cult or have acolytes. :laughing:

dank.Frank

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
I 100% believe what is put in the soil has a direct impact on the flavor of the flowers. (wine and food grown in particular regions having special tastes is a perfect example of mineral content affecting flavors) I've tested this out with multiple strains in different mixes against a control.

All blood/bone/poultry based = more acidic flavor and notes

All guanos = more earthy, musty notes

All plant matter = grainy (smell oatmeal, rice, barley or corn), hay/grassy, wind blown notes (best I know how to put it)

It's actually why I use a 3 part approach when I amend my soils - something from all different aspects of the fertilizer spectrum. I found the combination of ingredients...the diversification of inputs...results in plants that are able to express themselves in a more true manner.

I also saw the need for diversification of amendments so I bought a bunch of different stuff this year. For years my basic mix utilized blood meal, bone meal, dolomite lime, hardwood ash and EWC.

I've completely eliminated the blood meal (except for top dress) and have added Feather meal, crab meal, kelp meal, steamed bone meal, alfalfa meal, biochar, oyster flour, soft rock phosphates and other rock dusts (Coot's mineral mix) in an attempt to improve flavors and aromas and am working on three different mixes for indicas, sativas and hybrids.

Anything you think I'm missing?

bucketswithsoil

Cheeb you saved my life bro, thanks to you I won't have to take a hit on the next round, much appreciated brother

thats why mouth to mouth,DOES SAVE LIVES... :biggrin:

Hugh,

next time we will have the grill fired up so bring your appetite.

peace

well fuck me,and call me a OBT beauty queen....
if ya fireing up the grill,ill bees bringin me smoker,and we really have a throw down,
slowly smoke tenderloins,with bbq sauce,on a nice slider roll,with a scoop of cole slaw slapped on top... AHHH FUCK YEA.... me is gettin hungry nows... :dance013:

bucketswithsoil

Anything you think I'm missing?

a eye lash from the ex wife, and a one wild rabbit hair,for shits and giggles... :biggrin:
i can visualize that old bugBunny cartoon,where that fat nasty mean witch,is cooking that giant pot,trying to cook bugs in it...any of you all remember that....man those were REAL cartoons....even thou ill admit spongebob does make me laugh,really its mr Krabs,he all bout that $$$... :wahey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts