What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Chanting Growers Group (2013-∞)

easyDaimoku

Veteran
"The writer Goethe was an unflagging optimist. How was he able to maintain such optimism? Because he was always active. He did not allow his life to stagnate. He writes: "It is better to do the smallest thing in the world than to hold half an hour to be too small a thing." Spending thirty minutes a day assiduously challenging some undertaking can completely change our lives."
—Daisaku Ikeda

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Point Two, on the seven treasures in the passage “At that time in the Buddha’s presence there was a tower adorned with the seven treasures.”

The Record of the Orally Transmitted Teachings says: The seven treasures are hearing, as in hearing the Law; belief; keeping of the precepts; meditation; diligence; abandoning of attachment to earthly desires; and a sense of shame (or reflecting on oneself). Or again, we may say that they are the seven openings in the head, the eyes, the ears, the nostrils, and the mouth.
Now Nichiren and his followers, who chant Nam-myoho-renge-kyo, are practitioners who are “adorned with the seven treasures.”

---> http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/ott/PART-1/11

Desiderata

Bodhisattva of the Earth
Veteran
What's so cool, is, I don't have to ask for forgiveness for my absence, because these four words "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo!" are timeless in their instant resolve, as long as there is sincerity from one's heart!

Guess what I'm chanting, I miss and Love you A L L !!!