What's new

Original Haze - Reeferman vs Seedsman(Sam)

joaquin386

HI there,

I am in a bit of a doubt here. I want to buy the seeds from the Original Haze. The ones from Reeferman says they are from the Haze Bros while in seedsman.com web it doesn't say anything. Reeferman is 40 Euros for 6 Seedsman is 14 Euros for 10.

Has anybody try these different Haze and can clarify me which one to choose. Either the one from Reeferman or the one from Seedsman.com

Thanks.

ampersand

ACE Seeds - Haze
http://www.seedbay.com/index.php?a=1002&b=23981

Breeders Choice - Haze
google cannabiseye

iv seen more about their hazes than reefermans/seedsman

edit: maybe i should explain. ^^^ thoes are for real pure hazes from cali and lots of info is around about them. info that would do you more good because their are people around that can answer strain specific questions... however if reeferman has haze bros haze he got from sam i would believe that too, i just havn't seen any grow reports

Last edited:

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
I can only comment on seedsmans Original Haze and i've found a very nice female from a few packs and i've been told there originally from the flyingdutchman,i've got OT1's pure Haze as well but i've not flowered any fems out yet as i've no room at the mo with my mex mich and laos sativas taking up alot of room,but i'm planning to use a few males i've put aside and cross them to my Original Haze female and see how thay turn out.

joaquin386

As I have understand the Breeder from seedsman is Sam the Skunkman (as it says in their web page). So how come the Original Haze come from the flying dutchman is my question. Well hopefully Sam himself can answer that if he comes around one of these days.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
It's just what i've heard i think sam used to breed to FDM and if thats the case then thats were it came from.Can't quite remember were i heard or read it but i'm sure sam will clear things up.

ndnguy

Seedsman..FDM.... Same Sam, same Haze . The only one he has ever worked with right????

ampersand

ndnguy said:
Seedsman..FDM.... Same Sam, same Haze . The only one he has ever worked with right????

only sam can answer that...

has anybody seen purple/red/blue phenos(like in ACE/BC/OT1) from FDMs/SSM Orig Haze? do they have the same genetic diversity?

PGW

Hi 386, I looked at the same thing a couple of weeks ago. Eddieshoestring said that he's tried Seedsman haze bud. He said it hit really hard and overall he gave his recommendation for it.

Good Luck!

PGW

Yeah it is 386. I'm gonna give Reeferman a go because I'm looking for breeding stock. I found it somewhat easier to research Reef's stuff in my pursuit of info. However, if I didn't have to be so picky about the lineage of everything in the haze that I chose, Seedsman's Original Haze would have been my choice as well.

Also, if in fact, Sam the Skunkman is the one who developed the Original Haze, you'll certainly be doing yourself a favor with his beans, as I know Reeferman has credited Sam the Skunkman for some of the stock that Reef works with (credits are given in one or two strain descriptions).

Anyway, best of luck to ya! Let us know how they turn out.

PGW

I'd love to be able to help ya on that one ampersand, but I'm just now digging into what makes a great haze strain.

Sorry.

ampersand

sam spread the haze from cali to the dutch and from there everywhere but i don't think he made haze.

and for sure post pictures of your reefermans haze because i always want to get that but am not sure about using his site... also if you could post pictures of what the seeds look like? i have some seedsman hazexskunk but am scared of the stretch!

Stash

I didn't know where to put this post but I have a very old pack of seeds that I think should be from C-Bay. They are marked ( Original Haze CSC ) dose anyone remember who or what group CSC is? Or have any info on these seeds. Thank you, Stash

waveguide

Veteran
nope.

but here's my contribution..

ain't a haze expert.. grown a few sats so i have something to compare to. One of the First Plants I Ever Grew was a seedsman OH (some pictures in album "old", 400w HPS) which was fucking fantastic. it had parallel, ribbon shaped leaves, like ticker tape. i've seen similar shape in other ppls' sm OH grows, but afaict it's a pheno of the genetics not a constant, as most are more tapered.

i smoked out some older gentlemen who were quite impressed. written on it many times here.. not only good head, but dank as well, really solid stone. i've heard several ppl say the same about their sm OH. it gets you high and it gets you stoned, you can put yourself down with it.

it was a beautiful plant.. vigorous, great bud, big yield.

i have to say, that was 2009. around 2011, it became hard to find sm OH. sm said no plans to continue. so i (a) made an effort to find and secure those genetics, and (b) i'm fucking mad at all the weed growers in the world because seedsman were selling this grail for $12 a pack of ten and y'all treated it like it was piss and raved about dumbass cali connection bullshit while this amazing stuff disappeared.

so: all i could find c. 2011 2012 was sm indian haze (OH x kerala) and "haze mix". ran them in my pathetic piece of shit micro and the kerala grew and grew and got all out of hand and all but one hermied, leaving me with a bunch of questionable f1s (some of those have grown out okay, some haven't). the indian hazes were similar, maybe their potential was reduced by the environ. the haze mixes i got were much mellower, like a "twelve week strain" sativa you find anywhere.

but!

i had a few of the original sm indian haze seeds left which i ran a few months back. one popped and came out looking just like the OH.. leaves have a true parallel segment in the middle, are super skinny, almost more like string than ribbon. then my life went to hell and i seriously ended up dragging my tiny beautiful haze through the desert of southern arizona and beat the royal shit out of it. it survived (stem break, smothered in a bag for days), and is recuperating, revegging now. there are half a dozen seeds set on it from a male indian f1. probably in a couple more weeks, i'm probably going to have to drag it through the desert again and then the world is not likely to hear from me or my spectacular ribbon leaf skunkman haze again, but i thought i'd mention it now so you can at least know. i haven't smoked it yet but it looks a lot like the original, and based on the indians, i expect that it will have the effect and taste i'm looking for.

that fucking seedsman original haze, at least the ribbon one i got, is truly superlative, of the perhaps 40 strains i've grown from the seed industry. i'm telling you all one more time here, whatever traces you can find of it, treasure them. value and proliferate them.

i don't know how the hell this community can let that one go, when it's like the biggest legend of the entire industry.

still alive.. and with seed!
picture.php

that skinny leaf one, in the middle (garden beat to shit by phytoplasma/leafhoppers, but it's not like anyone gives a fuck)
picture.php

ribbon leaf sm OH c. 2009 being abused under a 400w (maybe about 0.4lbs? off a 5gallon.. iirc it was more than a qp)
picture.php

i tell you.. ribbon leaf!

t99

Veteran
I didn't know where to put this post but I have a very old pack of seeds that I think should be from C-Bay. They are marked ( Original Haze CSC ) dose anyone remember who or what group CSC is? Or have any info on these seeds. Thank you, Stash

Capricorn Seed Co.?
I think they got there's from original Flying Dutchman stock.

Latest posts

Latest posts