What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Plant ripped at center.

ElevatedSoldier

Hello I was trying to open the plant up to receive more light. Ended up ripping down middle. Any advice?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 20

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Wrap a paper strip around the break and layer some tape to firmly hold it in place. Should be right as rain in a week or so. :)

starke

What Douglas.Curtis said. I often just use the stretchy self adhesive bandage material. Works like a champ and the strips are reusable at the end of the grow.

T

Teddybrae

Hi! used to train plants (Sativa) along ground to keep them low. would split young plants down centre with razor blade then bent stems opposite directions. Cannabis plants are easy to get along with! cheers ...

Newbie95

I don't know if I would use tape because if you want to remove it you figure the adhesive might damage the plant more I would use a bread tie, or yarn or real thin piece of wire just about anything but tape. I had one plant split on me but in the middle stem towards the bottom when I was doing some bending at the beginning of the grow and it ended up healing back fine and no time

Bobby Boucher

I've always used electrical tape. Nice and stretchy. I've got a bunch of self adhesive bandaging laying around, might give it a try.

Stretch is nice. By the time I remove my electrical tape, it has been completely stretched out by the scar, which usually bulbs out.. a lot. I'd think that a firm tape or tie might choke the stem out a bit..

Latest posts

Latest posts