What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What additives,Boosters, Bacterias, fungis, etc Should i be using?

So basically I am going to be growing for my first time in Soil (dont know which soil yet). I will be using Biobizz Base Nutrients and would like some help as to what other people find they need to use with nutrients in general or specifically with Biobizz?

Thanks for your help in advanced.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
My last run was horribly flushed, chopped early and quick dried. I still get rave reviews from people who only know Colorado dispensary cannabis. (I'm pissed I'm forced to use this low quality, but it's better than what I can usually find anywhere else).

General Hydroponics Flora series. Micro and Bloom only, according to the lucas ratio. 8:16. (No idea what the BioBizz needs mixed to match it)
R/O water only
GH pH Up
A little bit of Pro-Tekt at the beginning of flower
.5ml/g of Floralicious+ at the beginning of flower (Use more, or use it later in flowering and you'll 'taste' it in the flower)

Filtered air, no sprays, no pesticides, nothing else in the root zone.

Keep it as clean as you can and you'll be happier the better you get at it. :)
Save
Save

Last edited:

Douglas.Curtis

With soil you'll want to feed full strength and then use plain r/o water the next two waterings. If 8:16 is too strong, dilute.

soil margin

Veteran
So basically I am going to be growing for my first time in Soil (dont know which soil yet). I will be using Biobizz Base Nutrients and would like some help as to what other people find they need to use with nutrients in general or specifically with Biobizz?

Thanks for your help in advanced.

What you "should" be using is obviously subjective, because it's up to you whether or not the cost of the product is worth it by adding enough value to your grow. Stuff that I can definitely recommend experimenting with because I've had some success with it myself are humic/fulvic acid, endo mycorrhizae root boosters and nitrogen fixing microbes. Glacial rock dust/azomite rock dust are also overlooked sometimes and are a great addition to most commercial soils that lack a proper diversity/quantity of the less common minerals.

Okay so i have come to the conclusion of using only bio bizz grow and bloom, maybe some top max with great white and have some cal/mag at hand

Douglas.Curtis

Sounds about right. :)

Feed with a full pH swing, plenty of transpiration and just enough nutes to sustain vigorous growth. Without a full pH swing, you'll have to feed a stronger nute strength and end up decreasing the quality of your cannabis.

:)

Athos

Tried Top Max, didn't notice a difference when not using it. So far only using Bio-grow and Bio-Bloom, plus Cal-Max due my soft water.

You should get some mushroom compost in the mix as it is the only soil amendment with a preponderance of fungi in its microbial community. This will help break down larger compounds in your soil and make the biosecurity of your pots a lot more secure.

Latest posts

Latest posts