What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tropical Seeds Company - Pix

Montuno

...como el Son...
thanks Montuno, I was just reading those now. seems quite manageable as I want to keep them around 2m, so I mustn't start late in the season

With my latitude, climate and type of cultivation, planting the first days of June, the plant reaches 2 m without problems.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Orión 2017

Orión 2017

While my current crop continues to grow, I show you another variety "Tropical" that I grew in 2017, and that, like Dandy Dance, is not a cross of landraces or Hazes either.

16-June-2017:
Orión , [( Apollo11 * Smooth Smoke ); being Smooth Smoke = Pakistan Citral Kush * Nepal Highlands Sativa ]

View Image

11-July-2017:

View Image

Last pictures of my Orion (3rd week of October '17):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
Orión 2017

Orión 2017

The taste of my Orion is mainly earthy hash, with a tropical fruity finish.
Psychoactively, it is less electrical and nervous than Apollo11 or Cindirella, but more euphoric and corporally relaxing (but without impeding or discouraging physical activity: the Sativa side clearly predominates).
Her psychoactive reminds me a lot of the Purple Mexican (Oaxaca'79 x Pakistan Citral Kush) from CannaBioGen.
It was ready the last October's week.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

23-June-'20:
King Congo 1°(Congo Point Noire * Ciskei South African Higlands; borned con the first week of May) continues to grow unchecked.
I had not noticed before that it has several initial flowers, with 3 stigmas :

View Image

View Image

View Image

View Image

Returning yo my current 2020 crop:
Today, 13-July-2020: Only 20 days after my previous photo, mine King Congo 1° is already taller than me, and will be about 1'80 metres.
I have pruned the 3 lower knots (6 branches):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 2° 2020

King Congo 2° 2020

18-June-'20:
A new King Congo (Congo Point Noire * Ciskei Soth African Higlands) has just been born; after lengthy discussions and consultations with various books specializing in Onomastics, in a flash of genius, I have decided to name it King Congo#2.

View Image

View Image

View Image

Yesterday, 15-July-2020:
King Congo 2° is still only a "conguito"...
It's already been transplanted to the ground:

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

16-July-2020: As for King Congo 1° (born the first week of May), it's already about 2 metres high and I've started to bend it towards the ground:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

17-July-2020: I bend down a little more the King Congo 1° :

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Lower branches:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

18-July-2020: ...And so today the King Congo 1° dawned, seen in the same direction towards which she is bending:

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 2° 2020

King Congo 2° 2020

19-July-2020: The King Congo 2° is beginning to feel good about the transplant at "The Kennel" (aka "The Dogs' House"). Her appearance also seems to become more sativa as she grows..:

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
Zamalmystic 2020

Zamalmystic 2020

Yesterday, 20-July, a Zamalmystik (aka Zamalmística); [(Zamal Mafate 80's x (Original Misty x Jack Herer/Afghan)] F5; was born to me.
Here you see it today, next to a "visitor":

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Koondense

Veteran
Looks dangerous :)

I have a pack of these but after reading some bad reports i put them aside and went with other genetics. Maybe your grow will inspire me to pop some zamalmystics. I hope yours turn out great.

Cheers

Montuno

...como el Son...
Looks dangerous :)

I have a pack of these but after reading some bad reports i put them aside and went with other genetics. Maybe your grow will inspire me to pop some zamalmystics. I hope yours turn out great.

Cheers

My Zamalmystik last year was not really bad: it had a great fruity taste (carrot/melon/mango/mint ?) and a happy effect... It effect reminded me a lot of the Silver Haze#9 of Sensi Seeds...

But, comparing it with my previous spectacular King Congo, I expected more from the psychoactivity of the Zamalmystik : its effect did not have the power, quality and duration of that of the mentioned King Congo... But it's hard to judge based on a single plant...

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Kongo was my favourite last year
I also grew Durban punch, bh x Ethiopian, bh x congo3, queen mother and Zamaldelica fem
Very clear effects with a special type of psycho activity I haven’t had with the other strains
It’s hard to say it’s more this or that than the other strains, but it just feels different to the other sativas I’ve grown
And it leaves a tasty nutty but mainly vanilla aroma in the room when you burn it (I think coming from the ciskei side)

Strength is on par with the other strains I’ve mentioned, except Zamaldelica which is stronger and bh x Ethiopian which isn’t quite as strong and energetic (but one of my favourite effects anyway)
I made seeds and will select for the Congo point noire and Ethiopian parents
I also grew one Zamaldelica fem in the past which was the greatest weed ever but the last round I grew 3 fems but they were all too Malawi influenced for my taste

I had 6 different King Kongos but they weren’t too different phenowise, maybe now with a long curing
Smells are all pretty similar
For a long time they smelled like fermented apple which slowly was replaced by a sweet vanilla scent and a dark earthy African smell
The smoke in the room is clearly smelling better, more divine than the smoke from the other strains, which can have some
More stinky elements
If you like Clear clean stimulant sativas with a special twist you should give It a try
Do you have more questions?

What were the differences in type and psychoactive power, as well as taste, between King Congo and Durban Punch ?

Thank you, and Cheers.

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

21-July-2020:
Egg-laying of an insect (I think, of Green Lacewinds (?)) on a leaflet of the King Congo 1° (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei) :

picture.php

picture.php

Leaves:

picture.php

picture.php

Detail of the base of the stem, with 4 knots (8 branches) pruned:

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

21-7-2020:

Flower stigmas of the lower branches of King Congo 1°; as long as thick:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
Zamalmystik 2020

Zamalmystik 2020

29-7-2020:

Zamalmystik ; [(Zamal Mafate 80's x (Original Misty x Jack Herer/Afghan)] F5; born 9 days ago in the pictures:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

29-7-2020:

King Congo 1, (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei), (born the first week of May).
Lower part, with the stem bent to between 45° and 60° with the ground:

picture.php

picture.php

Montuno

...como el Son...
King Congo 1° 2020

King Congo 1° 2020

29-7-2020:

King Congo 1st, (Congo Point Noire * South African Ciskei), (born the first week of May).
View of the plant, looking towards the direction in which it is bent:

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts