What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cannabis Scholarly Articles

Cannabologist

Veteran
Does anyone have an updated link? I think I got every pdf attachment here but the people posting earlier were saying how they had thousands more.

The google drive links they posted are broken. Is Spurr Tester and them posting at any other forum right now?

There used to be such smart people on this site years ago but it seems like they all got banned lol

-Nope no one's posting nada to my knowledge.......... I won't again either, though I have kept my libraries constantly growing and updating with old and new cannabis articles as they are published - now I simply routinely keep up to date with as much of the new stuff as it comes out every couple of months, and I have generated many useful figures and charts and other tidbits ive been working on for.. something lol..

- Here's a trick though! Spend hours and hours google scholaring keywords like "cannabis";, "cannabis cultivation";,"hemp", "cannabis genetics", etc, or also, within google search, searching again using such keywords, "cannabis pdf", "cannabis sop", you will get many many links to much useful information.. The information you cannot obtain freely easily can be obtained easily from sci-hub but not all papers you can search are available.. I have a large file of hundreds on the docket to dl sometime in the future as I can...

- A good trick to life is for anything you can find it on google, or also youtube but the REAL stuff, ie real science lectures and science info, is harder to find.. for google always after anything you search, research using "pdf"; after.. Or, also, for things like what you hear all the time "monsanto evil", "aliens","trump", "gmos bad", ";healthy vegan";, "agw", etc., etc., make sure to type in "debunked" afterwards so as you are not getting only pre-paid and biased search results, since google has been REALLLLLLY fucking up lately and there is no way to find good unbiased info anymore, everyone has an agenda now and has been paid off by that agenda. Now is the time of getting paid, stop worrying about science friend, they are mostly just trying to sell you something at this point! I could tell you the real shit in 5 minutes that took me 10 years and too much money, that they'll waste all your time+money on too ;-D

Last edited:

Cannabologist

Veteran
That site has been a GOLD MINE btw Sam!!

Everyone owes Sam jobs. And also the (girl I believe) who actively puts her ass on the line and keeps it up.

I know a lot may not realize this, but that kind of thing IS a SUPER SERIOUS deal. SUPER DUPER. (people go to jaily jail for time)..

People kill themselves for the bullshit they faced, trying to just help others, and let INFORMATION be free

(information yes, as someone said, oftentimes our tax dollars paid for, that even that being the case.. is not free).

That being all the case I've been trying to think of new ways to get all my new and old info out, seeing as even the silly new outdoor overgrow guide I compiled up has outdated links and isn't readily available, and that one was very fun and took some hours to do nice..

If anyone knows of any free file hosting websites that offer LARGE capacity space that I can drop some gigs (yes gigs of science articles and other stuff at this point :peacock:) on lemme know, or somehow split things up but not kill myself on time...

Or a way we can all have a large hosted site and put up on and pull files off of that we all don't have so we can share what we don't have, can't find or what not... Would be Mazing!

Scihub is great but I have amassed a huge file of articles from certain sites/journals that are not accessible through it for one reason or another (or other articles I just couldn't get from wherever). And its grows. Also stuff on cannabis patents and patents that have been filed.. I like to keep note and track interesting things as I see them...

Heh there is so much. So much that we could all do. Where are the web gurus who want to hook kitty cats up??

Cannabologist

Veteran
Here are some slides I had done pertaining to cannabis taxonomy and terpenes that I think may be useful, especially concerning the sativa/indica debate.

Last edited:

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
You should really cite the original authors for those slides dude.

Bot. Rev.
DOI 10.1007/s12229-015-9157-3
Evolution and Classification of Cannabis sativa (Marijuana, Hemp) in Relation to Human Utilization

Nice collection of data otherwise...
-Chimera

Cannabologist

Veteran
You should really cite the original authors for those slides dude.

Bot. Rev.
DOI 10.1007/s12229-015-9157-3
Evolution and Classification of Cannabis sativa (Marijuana, Hemp) in Relation to Human Utilization

Nice collection of data otherwise...
-Chimera

Yeahhh. I know, I had originally thought of that when I stated making slides up like this a couple years ago. I would need to for a book but for a talk/lecture/video or just for my personal information its not necessary...

It'd be a real pain in the butt to make citations (a lot of the times I know right off hand anyway what papers they are from)...
For a talk or video I could get references so people could look stuff up but that'd be a lot of back work.

I may do that going forward but. Still too much work. I have.... hundreds? Thousands? of slides of this sort at this point... Just trust the info! Trust me theres years and years of kay naledge accumulated and well checked to know it's, its spotless.

If someone really wants the references or papers I could get it to them. Barely anyone reads the papers anyway.. And, that's lol, well, a few relevant papers boiled down to the best bits in one nice convenient spot!

It makes it more easier for me than anything, sifting through pages and pages of what was that article again with that info I forget that I wanted? Hmm shit lemme waste an hour or 1 looking ok I found it what 9 months and I can't remember again ok ok lemme find it ok at least i remember the article more this time ugh okay nope not gonna have this happen. Its much easier chopping pages and pages down to a few easily readible, understandable slides that get to the brass tax. And then I have it all right there for myself!

And you guys can advantage of it too! Some of them aren't from papers even but from lecture/talks themselves and are screen caps, for instance the information pertaining to terpenes.
A lot too is stuff I'm sure everyone's got that is googleable and available. There's a lotta more sciency stuff I've worked on that is kinda neat I'd like to share. Well that's probably pretty good actually for what I want to post as it pertains to a few things I'm working on cause otherwise with more slides I have to give an explanation or the information can be confusing for laypeople. What I posted is pretty self-explanatory.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I started years ago by posting full references with titles, authors, journal & page numbers, year, as well as DOI's and an abstract and links to the papers. I did not post the full papers as that is often illegal and not needed in todays world with sci-hub.cc available.
Info without references is not near as useful.
I understand if the paper was not published, but even if just a poster or paper read at a conference the conference can be listed for context.

Today I often just list the title and DOI, maybe the authors and abstract.
Just having thousands of papers partial info is not as useful as the title and DOI that can get you the full paper and authors contacts and full references from sci-hub.cc

If the paper is at sci-hub.cc just list the title or DOI interested readers can get them if interested, if not then do what you can to share the data, even if not as good as all the related info that was with the original paper or poster.
I also have many thousands of full papers and what I do is download them and rename the file to the articles full name so I have an easy searchable database, that I have also divided into collections under different topics like DNA, terpenes, reproduction, etc
If you just have thousands of files with names that do not allow you use the info like 10.1089@can.2016.0020.pdf instead of the title:
Decarboxylation Study of Acidic Cannabinoids: A Novel Approach Using Ultra-High-Performance Supercritical Fluid Chromatography/Photodiode Array-Mass Spectrometry
-SamS

Cannabologist

Veteran
Info without references is not near as useful.
I understand if the paper was not published, but even if just a poster or paper read at a conference the conference can be listed for context.
Eh! It is when the main points are right there...
This wasn't stuff I had ever intended on releasing, but since I get asked all the time questions about this stuff, and told "you should write a book", yeah well, I've thought of it but I tell them to go buy yours lol.

But now its just getting all the info in order and done right and understandable so if I decide on giving presentations it all makes fluid sense. Which I'm sure I will I'm an expert enough at this point, and people always ask me.

Just having thousands of papers partial info is not as useful as the title and DOI that can get you the full paper and authors contacts and full references from sci-hub.cc
Yeahhh if the intent was to be posting papers or full references or something like that like I had before years ago when I was trying shake things up and get peoples minds going, doing something I thought that would be useful.. Which I'd say I accomplished that goal. These aren't like OMG THE MEGA TOMBS FOR SECRET GROWER INFO with all the stuff they didn't tell you when you paid your $55 dollars of course.

If I wanted to do an "there is no indica" post which the talk kinda sorta is about is a round-about way, I could/would just post up the references to papers and make my claims and everyone could go back and forth on that... As that's been done a million and one times to death, and when I give a lecture/talk I'm not interested in online pissing matches with crazy people who simply don't listen and have an idea they never want to change, its just about education and presenting what I know as I've been formally educated and figured out through countless hours of personal research.

This is just stuff for fun and discussion and to get people's minds going. Its my opinion, but its in my opinion my highly informed, well educated opinion. Shit if I did the lecture I could hand out full papers, which I thought about doing, or CD data files, or something of the like.. But you know, the law lol, but moreso its just extra time/effort/money I don't care to put into it.

If people want to do what we do Sam, and go and find papers enmasse and download them, they can! It's easy, and it's all right there. If I had a publisher or real legal requirements or was making money off this, then, well, I'd have to go about it differently. But I'm tired Sam. I know you must be you're even older than I am. And I'm young lol. But we put in too much work, kids today have to learn and start knowing how to lend in and take initiative.

I've done enough work and do enough work as it is. If someone wanted the references to look up the papers in depth or watch the talk, I could get it to them........ WHICH! Is kinda actually the point/process that I haven't alluded too yet, for one a channel that is simply an giant conglomerate access point for the many many hours of lectures and other videos available to watch on youtube free, with both lectures/playlists from many universities channels and random channels, talks, and videos all over youtube that pertain to plants, horticulture, and also specifically cannabis. I'll probably have things squared away nice by summer if I am on track. I simply have so many things I am always doing, to do, and that I like doing. Oh, and making money. Somehow I fit in making some money somewhere around in there...

If the paper is at sci-hub.cc just list the title or DOI interested readers can get them if interested, if not then do what you can to share the data, even if not as good as all the related info that was with the original paper or poster.
I also have many thousands of full papers and what I do is download them and rename the file to the articles full name so I have an easy searchable database, that I have also divided into collections under different topics like DNA, terpenes, reproduction, etc
Heh.. Yeah.. I tend to dl papers in batches when I do my searching, so, I never get around to renaming them. That is a job for when I am on a flight and have done everything else I want to do, or, heh, I'll hire an undergrad to re-compile my library for me sometime, some coder cpu wiz who can write up a script and do it in 3 days. Or some poor schlub who has to do it manual and I pay him by the paper he gets done. It's on the agenda. But its not something I plan on doing all too soon. I can't take an extra who knows how many hours painstakingly renaming papers. It'd be a pain when I do my batches to do it then and there.

Funny I DO put them in general files too like you do though as I go through them, Legal, Horticulture, Patents, Genetics, and so on yep. lol Wow we really think alike sometimes :huggg:

I could if it was one or 2 at a time but when I get on a searching role, I go through like all 100 back pages of google scholar and just keep downloading and then read them as I go through them... Which, heh, I have like, ugh. Maybe 100 on the docket to read and file away and many are intense papers that deal with nutrient uptake of hemp and mineral requirements per season, as I am working out on my own based on all data I can find, "idealized" amounts and ratios for fertilizer application.. Which truthfully its all already out there, which I know, and I basically got it all, now I just have to sift through what I haven't and just keep on checking more and getting more numbers and doing what I'm doing with making averages and yadda yadda lol..

It would make it easier to have things searchable like you do, BUT! This is why when I find something interesting I just make slides of it for myself, label it, and that's it. And then I will generally remember where I got it from without taking more time and making citations.

I understand what you mean for others, buuuut it wasn't really for others, though now its starting to be the case so, (and if I use it for talks or whatever, again, 99.99% don't care or want references), I'm kinda just throwing some of it out there and seeing if it's useful for people and because it was a couple the cooler stuff I had (on taxonomy) that I am always thinking about and working on in the back.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I guess one of my problems is if I can't tell if you or someone else wrote what is in your "slides" how can I fully understand the info, context, value, etc?
I do recognize some of the last 5 slides the "Terpene SuperClasses" as being NAPRO work as I visited their analytical facility in Calif.
If you cut and paste others work it is not the same as writing your own review based on the others work, I want to know any differences, as well as the author of what I read.
It is very different then just posting full articles as PDF's that can be used by anyone, the things you have written or cut and pasted just need to be noted so the info is not so confusing.
The same with cut and pastes, just list the source.
If you are posting info to help others, then why make it hard to use the info? Or to judge the value and if the info is correct?
Keep posting but try and make it easier to use as well as easy to know where the info came from. Title and DOI will help a lot.
-SamS

Cannabologist

Veteran
Lol its uh, pretty obvious its compiled work.. I've said as much lol and went over where this is all coming from, that its for me, not for ya'll, and so on. If I was posting all the info "in context", you'd be looking at tons of figures with an added spoken explanation yes, that would more explain what the audience is looking at, like the kind you would get if you were listening to a speaker in person.... Which is kinda the thing I was thinking about with that :)

When you go to a college lecture or workshop and you see slides, figures, and other info graphics, they do not come with references or anything of the like more often than not, because a teacher is taking them from many sources and putting them together.. The context is there for what I posted, its mostly self explanatory, as opposed to a graphic of a line graph with nothing to explain what this is a measurement of, like say if I was posting a graph of a F1 hybrid cross.

When it comes to cut and pasted info that is already freely available on the internet... No one cares. Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth lol... I'm not writing a scientific review paper or a book that requires references. No one's making money off this - I LOSE money doing so, I waste time, and it's free to find anyway! I just made it easier for myself, and now others. The info is correct, anyone can judge whats there on it's own merit and research for themselves like I have.
I know, it is very different from posting full pdfs. Full pdfs are full pdfs... mm..

And I went over why.. Cause I don't care... I don't have the time.. I didn't intend on releasing these like this cause it's for me but you know, why not, it's already done and people can find it useful, even if you don't find it OMG 10000% useful because it doesn't have a doi. Well, there is no doi. It doesn't exist. Sheesh lol.

The info isn't hard to use, you're being silly and it's all public. Some of the sources are youtube videos. Videos that when I'm watching it's like! OH, look at that! You're gonna forget that and it's probably one of the biggest takeaways from the talk, lets just snip! Cause why make things hard on myself.

There is no way on earth I am going over any of the crap I did again, going and making references, and any of that other bs, just because. I did the leg work, that's as far as it goes. If someone else want's to take charge and do a better job making some cliff notes, then they can! It'd probably be hard to do that, I try to be pretty thorough when I do something.

And if someone really wants where it came from, I can get it to them. Otherwise, no one really cares! No one ever asks, ever. As it is the couple posts I made are the extent to what I was intending on posting

Latest posts

Latest posts