What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Outdoor Strainguide-Please contribute!

Guest423

Veteran
new grower- speed queen took until end of oct huh....i hope she gets done sooner for me...latest i can go is oct 7th-10th and thats on a good yr....maybe global warming is good for some things lol.

N

New Grower

Time2Unite said:
new grower- speed queen took until end of oct huh....i hope she gets done sooner for me...latest i can go is oct 7th-10th and thats on a good yr....maybe global warming is good for some things lol.
hi T2U!

Yes, it was my last harvested strain. It started to flower last around mid Sept. very surprising, isn't it!?

It starts really late but flowers very fast! I think you can let it out till late Oct without mold problems!

The buds were enormous at harvest, the high & appearance are similar to SWTH#4 just better. I like to smoke it at best!! Very positive/creative high with great smell & taste.

I think you'll pleased with your SQ moms. The males are also looked fantastic one of them had a very nice purple stem structure! that pheno should be great for male breeding

I will grow again SQ this year. Great social high.. I like to smoke it better at daytime than White Russian or MK-Ultra ;)

This is my personal favourite at the moment from 10 original strains!

The SQ will great! no doubt

Peace!

NG

G

i think i might be able to find something to contribute....GREAT THREAD BC...excellent contributions everyone...quite a few familiar faces...to be included in this group will be an honor. thanks for the opportunity. atulater...P>Joe

Fast Pine

Strain/Breeder: Mendocino Madness....THSeeds
Harvest time: Sept 17
Latitude of grow: 36N
Average yield: Half to threequarters of a pound per plant
Mold?: read below
Potentcy:eek:n a scale of 1-10..she is an 8
Year of grow:2006

Mendocino madness saved my ass last year..In comparison to other localy grown outdoor, she was normaly above par..Large resin stalks, and good bud structure..I must say, she was'nt a easily trimmable strain..I suffered some reveg due to putting the plants outside on the wrong light cycle..Im certain that was what caused the leafy nuggs...Plant is quite photo- sensitive..I recommend placing clones/seedlings outside on the natural lightcycle to avoid premature blooming..

I recieved a very small ammount of mold on my MM. I was confused, because my climate is quite dry..I can understand though, harvest week was wet and cold, even snowed. I removed a golf ball size chunk off one plant, and smaller piece off of another..Like a 1/16 of an ounce, out of a coupple pounds. I dont think mold is a huge prob with this strain...But who knows. Like I said, I grew it in the desert, and got mold..Take it for what its worth.. :confused:

The quality was top notch,,Had a very medicinal stone..Very deep. Couchlock sets in hard. The taste is like fresh cinnamon rolls, or pancakes. The bowls pack well and last long. I have been able to smoke an eighth of an ounce a day, since harvest, and it still gets me stoned as hell..I grew it indoors in 2005..The outdoor version is waaaaaaay better.

Bug resistance is one of this strain's strong points... I was growing 2 other strain's along side the MM..Grass hoppers munched on everything but the MM..I was very happy with the pest resistance..It was nice to be able to easily check that off my list of worries..

Being able to harvest sweet, sticky nuggs in September was my favorite part about growing Mendocino Madness. She is a great cold climate strain, and worked wonders for me at high altitude..It will remain in my garden for a while..

:wave:

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
its kurmit said:
damn T2U that "special gold" looks godly, this is a great thread idea backcountry thanks!

thanks kurmit...it really is a great outdoor strain...1 of my all around favorite outdoor strains i've grown so far.

new grower- mid sept ? thats crazy, i thought when i ordered them it said end sept....it's about 20 degrees and snow around here end of oct.

budluvr

Strain/Breeder: Jamaican Pearl..Sensi Seeds
Harvest time: Oct 10th
Latitude of grow: 42N lat
Average yield: 200 gms/plant
Mold?: very resistant..sativa type buds and plant
Potentcy:weak..3.5/10..could have gone another week
Year of grow:2005

page1

Strain/Breeder: Nirvana Big Bud
Harvest time: Oct 10th
Average yield: 200 gms/plant
Mold?: Not resistant atall, lost over 1/4 of harvest to mold and had to cut early due to this.
Potentcy:eek:k..5/10..could have gone another week
taste:lemony for some reason, very chrystaly.

Last edited:

page1

Strain/Breeder: Nirvana AK48
Harvest time: Oct 20th
Average yield: 40 gms/plant...were planted late in the year.
Mold?: very resitant, got abit of mold but not much.
Potentcy:eek:k..8/10....
taste:very peppery, in a good way, light and powerful buds.
phenos:planted 3 seeds, 1 male and 2 female. 1 female was purple, the other normal...

page1

Strain/Breeder: female seeds early sativa
Harvest time: late sept
Average yield: 600 gms/plant...this one plant was planted very early in the year, she got so huge.
Mold?: very resitant...
Potentcy:eek:k..6/10....
taste:had homegrown grassy taste even after cure. not bad though.
Year of grow:2005

esbe

hybridsfromhell
Mentor
Veteran
Strain/Breeder: purple peace, purple pheno(viking x himalaya) by green ambassador
Harvest time: late september on the
Latitude of grow: 55 n
Average yield: over middel
Mold?: great resistans
Potentcy: good sativa, very tasty and special smoke
Year of grow: 03-05

8344puplepeace0110041.jpg

8344pp2409044.jpg

8344purplepeace1909043.jpg

seedproducer and male
8344purple-peace-seed-producer-250904.jpg

8344ppnightshot.jpg

8344purplepeace081004.jpg

8344purplepeace0810042.jpg

Last edited:
G

BlueBerry,clone,bpc

BlueBerry,clone,bpc

Strain/Breeder: BlueBerry/ clone, BPC...
Harvest time: Mid Oct. 2006
Lat:???
Yield: Low/Average...5.5 oz. 1 plant
Potency: 8-9
I grew her in Fox Farm soil,
PURE BLEND, 2 doses of Organics Alive, during flower.
B1 soaks during transplant!!!
and Indo Bat Guano.
harvest time was determined by 5-10% amber trichs, so she could have gone maybe a week longer??? She's an excelent Pain reliever, great buzz, sweet taist...sort of fruity smell. slowish in veg. good solid chunks of kindness. :yummy: :yummy: :yummy: 3 yummies. :wave:

Strain/Breeder: Sweet Tooth#3
Harvest time: mid OCt.
Latitude of grow: ?
Average yield: she was a good yielder.
Mold?: she does have a musty smell after cure...i here she tends to mold...i think its just the way she taists. real sweet, like fruity pebbles...with a hint of musky taist.
Potentcy:8...2 yummies

indoors and outdoors,
indoors: smaller and NO purple...so i put her out...took exactly 1 week to turn fully purp.
Fox farm soil,pure blend, and Organics alive. Bat Guano.

Last edited:

T.doT.Toker

Leave this place better then when i arrived
Veteran
Strain/Breeder: Docbush
Harvest time: Oct 20, should have been oct 5 to 10 but was unable to
Latitude of grow: 43 40 N
Average yield: half oz, were abused severly
Mold?: None and it rained 4 days that week, plus they were by a stream.
Potentcy: 6/10
Year of grow: 2006
These plants would have been decent if not for security issues. 30 seeds for about 115$ Cdn is not a bad deal but i dought you will find anyhting amazing.

ddt

strain/breeder: Magic Bud x Purpurea(seeds from Knospe)
Harvest time: early to mid oct
Latitude of grow: 49 north
Yield: didnt have scale but was very nice due to fat and dense buds
Mold: No mold(incredible)
Potency: 9-10/10 (one of most potent outdoor stuff ever)
Year: 2005

Last edited:

ddt

strain/breeder: Triple Afghan Slam(Reeferman seeds)
Harvest time: early to late oct
Yield: huuge
Potency: 9/10 (massive couch lock punch)

Last edited:

ddt

strain/breeder: Shaman(Dutch Passion seeds)
Harvest time: middle sept(early shaman), middle oct(late shaman)
Yield: average - OK
Potency: 7-8/10 (early Shaman), weak 5/10(late Shaman)

Last edited:

ddt

strain/breeder: Mighty Mite pure(Hygro seeds)
Harvest time: middle oct
Yield: little below average
Potency: 6-7/10 (veery nice mellow old school sativa high)

Last edited:
G

Strain/Breeder: Grapefruit/bagseed
Harvest time: Eary OCT.
Latitude of grow: ?
Average yield: Low
Mold?: None
Potentcy:8+ 3 yummies :yummy: :yummy: :yummy:
Fox Farm Ocean Blend
PureBlend, Organics Alive, Bat Guano.
very fast Finisher. 71 days from sprout to fin. very short flower for a Sativa Dom. Easy trimmer too. drops ALL her fan leaves Quick. Smell is UNDENIABLY Pink Grapefruit holds her smell and taist through dry and cure. Very yummy. great buzz.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great thread you have here BACKCOUNTRY. I will have to check the lineage of my plants and get a few in here.

ddt

strain/breeder: Passion#1(Dutch Passion seeds)
Harvest time: end Sept
Yield: around average
Mold: No mold
Potency: 6/10 (balanced high but lacking potency)

Latest posts

Latest posts