What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fast release/foliar Cal at home ?!

QQNPK

Hello guys iv bewn getting Cal Deficiencies on my plants lately and since i dont have any dolomite lime in my house nor can i afford to get right now..
Id like some tips of things i can make at home, iv already found a recipe to make a foliar feed bu mixing lemon juice and eggshells, but i was gonna use citric acid instead.. but i dont know the ratios then so id have to experiment if somebody here does not have a better idea ? Thanks alot guys !! :tiphat:

J

jaded1

Milk has plenty of cal in it but cant remember the ratio of milk to water for application

QQNPK

Eggshells in citric acid

Eggshells in citric acid

Alright so i crushed up the few eggshells i had and have em soaking in water/citric acid.. it was supppsed to bubble when leaching out the nutrients so atleast iv not used to little citric acid lol

But id like to know all your secrets guys, how do you make Calcium supplements at home ?:tiphat:

QQNPK

Milk has plenty of cal in it but cant remember the ratio of milk to water for application

Thanks Jaded !

Heres the pic i forgot

Attachments

• 20190608_204625.jpg
    20190608_204625.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 19

donchamp

eggshells must be first roasted/cooked before added to the vinegar. that's why you saw no fizzing. look up soluble calcium KNF on youtube you'll find many great tutorials

QQNPK

eggshells must be first roasted/cooked before added to the vinegar. that's why you saw no fizzing. look up soluble calcium KNF on youtube you'll find many great tutorials

I didnt cook them but i did dry them in the air for a few days before adding them to the citric acid solution, it took about 10 seconds then it was fizzing for a few hours and after 48 hours the eggshells was sloppy and the solution almost as white as milk, so it did work. And the eggshells that was left i added to the plants soil