What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I got mad.... i need to let off some steam....

Bobby Boucher

I wasn't letting that affect me hippy, i know i'm definitely not the greatest pack leader but they know they are much loved, i don't need to use an ignore button :)

But thanks to you also :thank you:

Anyway, i took the switch dock apart to see if there was any damage.... yes there was, a small amount of corrosion and traces of urine along with a bent pin when i tried to take it apart and clean it.... so.... i made the decision, with a heavy heart to simply stomp it into the ground :biglaugh:

You know, like a balanced adult does.... oh well, maybe i could have sent it somewhere to get repaired but i didn't feel like paying money and waiting around just to see if it could be saved, so i decided the therapeutic value of stomping it was too great to pass up.... i still have games for it so i'll have to get a new one some day. :whee:

Bruh!!!! I KNEW I should have directed you to ifixit dot clom. You should always take advantage of the opportunity to fix your broken electronics. Really helps the stress factor of owning pricey electronics to know you can fix them yourself, especially when you live with dogs, kids, and klutzes.

It’s all plug and play these days. Parts are cheap. It’s all very simple. Shame! I would have honestly fixed it for you @ cost.

*$26 for a new card reader.

Damage done by dog =$30

Damage done by you =$300

Last edited:

CaptainDankness

Just go to Walmart buy a new Nintendo open it carefully replace with the piss soaked one seal it back up and return it. Problem solved.

F

Frylock

Bruh!!!! I KNEW I should have directed you to ifixit dot clom. You should always take advantage of the opportunity to fix your broken electronics. Really helps the stress factor of owning pricey electronics to know you can fix them yourself, especially when you live with dogs, kids, and klutzes.

It’s all plug and play these days. Parts are cheap. It’s all very simple. Shame! I would have honestly fixed it for you @ cost.

*$26 for a new card reader.

Damage done by dog =$30

Damage done by you =$300

I didn't stomp the actual switch, just the dock.... i don't have the right screwdriver to open the switch but the tri-screws on the dock were a little bigger so i opened it with a small flat head one.
There was some small corrosion on the circuit board and urine.

Once i open the handset i will see if it's the same, i can see some encrusted urine crystals in the top air vent thing, but if it's ok i will just get another dock.

I will have a look at that site though, thanks.

Bobby Boucher

Make sure you read the user comments under each step of the instructions. You often find pertinent missing information.

And pay particularly close attention to any red font. If you don’t, you’ll wind up bending more pins n shit.

Past that, it’s all super straight forward. I’ve been fixing my own MacBooks, iPads, and iPhones for 15 years or so, and I am NOT a tech savvy person whatsoever.

F

Frylock

IDK how i bent the pin tbh, they are so tiny they are almost little strips of tinfoil and it bent when i was pulling the ribbon plug thing out.

Bobby Boucher

Ribbons are held down with little clasps that you wouldn’t recognize without detailed photos and instruction.

All of the mistakes you could make taking it apart or putting it together are detailed in red font, or within the user comments.

I read the instructions 10x over, and very carefully scroll through all the photos to try and get as many visual aids as I can get.

I’ve made my fair share of blunders fixing electronics, but they were all avoidable.

100% of the time, the cause was simply not reading the instructions well enough for a singular step. Gotta scroll through all the photos and read through all the comments.

Bobby Boucher

I'll add that you should use water to clean out any salts in your system. Organic solvents may not dissolve the urine salts. Disconnect the battery during the procedure and store the machine in a bag of dry baked rice for a few days before trying to power it on.

If you are brave enough to try cleaning it without unplugging the battery from the motherboard, you need to take serious care to not accidentally power on the machine. Not good form, but.. should it become an obstacle for whatever reason, unplugging the battery isn't absolutely necessary, as far as I can tell anyways.

In the future, never test the system before you open it up and assess the damage.

You probably could have just cleaned all the affected connection with a couple drops of water and some paper towel and been good to go. In the past when I couldn't find the dirty connection, I've fixed green screens like that by sticking the machines in and out the freezer, repeatedly exposing the machines to condensation followed by dry cycles. Can help get the nasty shit running off the connectors. Could probably expedite the procedure with a directed stream of fog and a dry rag.

Just always give the machine enough time to dry out or you'll fry the motherboard.

goosfraba.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll add that you should use water to clean out any salts in your system. Organic solvents may not dissolve the urine salts. Disconnect the battery during the procedure and store the machine in a bag of dry baked rice for a few days before trying to power it on.

If you are brave enough to try cleaning it without unplugging the battery from the motherboard, you need to take serious care to not accidentally power on the machine. Not good form, but.. should it become an obstacle for whatever reason, unplugging the battery isn't absolutely necessary, as far as I can tell anyways.

In the future, never test the system before you open it up and assess the damage.

You probably could have just cleaned all the affected connection with a couple drops of water and some paper towel and been good to go. In the past when I couldn't find the dirty connection, I've fixed green screens like that by sticking the machines in and out the freezer, repeatedly exposing the machines to condensation followed by dry cycles. Can help get the nasty shit running off the connectors. Could probably expedite the procedure with a directed stream of fog and a dry rag.

Just always give the machine enough time to dry out or you'll fry the motherboard.

goosfraba.

but what does mama say???

F

Frylock

goosfraba.

I'm afraid it's all too late Bobby.... the machine was plugged in when the dog urinated on it and i didn't even notice for about a week, then when i tried to see if it was ok it was.... i played a game and even put a different one in and played that.
It was about 2 weeks after the 'incident' that i noticed it with a backlit black screen sitting on my table, when it should have been off.

F

Frylock

>> I got mad.... i need to let off some steam....

I ran out - of chocolate ice cream !

/\ Attempted Rap !!!

Now i'm crying.... but i wont scream,
This doesn't rhyme, but i might just curl into the fetal position :frown:

Rap continuation ^^

St. Phatty

Now i'm crying.... but i wont scream,
This doesn't rhyme, but i might just curl into the fetal position :frown:

Rap continuation ^^

Well, thanks for trying !

I don't quite get the transition from ice cream to fetal position

but I don't understand most rap anyway

sometimes because they don't ENUNCIATE.

That's one thing I admire about Rush Limbaugh - he enunciates.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
He can't eat his feelings so he may revert to the fetal position in search of comfort...

Now I'm looking for chocolate ice cream.

And looking up ancient hip hop.

Damn you all!! *Stewie Griffin voice*

PS One thing I find entertaining about Rush Limbaugh is his judgemental rants on drugs in general and users with particular disdain whilst gobbling pharmaceuticals known for their addictiveness.

G

GatorGumbo

Yeah, you guys are right. I have spent 40 years studying and working with dogs, I have rooms full of trophys and blue ribbons for my efforts. I am recognized nationally for my expertise in dogs.

But.... yeah, you guys are right. Dogs hate kennels. They love to pee on your stuff. Good dog. LMAO

I've built my own racecars and won with them, doesn't mean I don't keep em in a garage. There are levels of ownership which are proper, and levels of ownership which are, shall we say, unremarkable. I find the original problem to be a consequence of unremarkable ownership, though I'm sure everyone can turn a wheel.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Thanks peoples, it's night time now.
Some CBD Mangoaze mixed with OGKB bx1 has helped already a little :)

I really hope i can fix this thing without having to send it anywhere.... i don't even play it much but i ordered some new games the other day for some variety but idk if i can play them.... *sigh*

The CBD mixed with THC and beer, is wonderful for me. THC alone does not do it. Have been smoking GG4 for years, with no CBD.

Hunger Force is a series I would like to watch again.

Latest posts

Latest posts