What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Search results from Google are completely broken on mobile

This site is near dead, but the fact that a Google search for a grow question will yield an ICMag result, and when you click on that result it leads you to the home page rather than the thread full of golden information that you found, is absolutely disheartening.

Seems the owners no longer care about this place. What a shame.

There is fantastic information throughout ICMag, and yet it is so frustrating to find it.

I'll find that one magic thread in my research through Google. And low and behold, I click on it and an brought to the home page. I then have to search for that thread name with the forum search. But most of the time I just rage close and find another source for information.

troutman

Seed Whore
This site is near dead, but the fact that a Google search for a grow question will yield an ICMag result, and when you click on that result it leads you to the home page rather than the thread full of golden information that you found, is absolutely disheartening.

There is fantastic information throughout ICMag, and yet it is so frustrating to find it.

I'll find that one magic thread in my research through Google. And low and behold, I click on it and an brought to the home page. I then have to search for that thread name with the forum search. But most of the time I just rage close and find another source for information.

If you own a website you can make it so Google doesn't index it.

It's actually a privacy thing. Google knows too much anyways. :hide:

Now that you have an account you can look around all you want. :huggg:

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
That shouldn't be an issue unless it's a thread that got removed, or you are trying to direct link to a posting that got removed. What specific thread are you looking for, if I can ask.

Seems like the Archives here are nothing near what they used to be. These same pages aren't found here with the search engine.. Ic used to have the best of information - now it's becoming just another example of how it goes..

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Nah its still a trove.. i regularly end up reading useful decade old threads ive found through the ic search engine.. it will always be one of the most common sense down to earth ganja forums.

I think if seedbay was a proper entity again icmag would be ALOT busier..

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Annoying as fuck and another example of horrible functionality.

beta

Veteran
If you own a website you can make it so Google doesn't index it.

It's actually a privacy thing. Google knows too much anyways. :hide:

Now that you have an account you can look around all you want. :huggg:

That's not what's going on. If I do a Google search for a thread from a desktop browser, I'll get linked correctly to the right thread.

If I do the same in a mobile browser when I click the link to go to the thread in the search result (which looks right in the search results) it ends up redirecting back to the front page of icmag.com.

It's not a huge deal but it's definitely a bug, not a feature.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I sort of take offense to that. I don't own the place, but at the same time, it's a completely free to use resource and expectation is the mother of all fuck ups.

I agree, however, the site is in need of a tune up. However, instead of bitching about it, I recently sent Gypsy a PM, asking him, what HIS wishes for HIS site are, what he saw for the future, and what steps we, as a community, need to embrace, rally around and support, in order to see that become a feasible reality.

Here is the BIGGEST issue with ICmag.

You have a MASSIVE amount of private information and people who live their lives with a high degree of secrecy stepping out of the shadows to share.

You need a webmaster and coders you can TRUST. Not just trust, but coders who understand the security complexities and they actually have to be rather cutting edge techies.

Since that field of willing and able people has dwindled as a result of many factors, but most assuredly, because the owner having spent the last several years in a prison in the Philippines fighting the US government....the site has suffered as well.

ICmag can be what it once was, it will just take the embrace of the community it once had. It's not the owners who make this place amazing. It's the user base that decides to support it with their various talents and resources.

It's not the owners fault those he created a cultural haven for abandoned him when shit hit the fan. Read my signature.

dank.Frank

beta

Veteran
I sort of take offense to that. I don't own the place, but at the same time, it's a completely free to use resource and expectation is the mother of all fuck ups.

I agree, however, the site is in need of a tune up. However, instead of bitching about it, I recently sent Gypsy a PM, asking him, what HIS wishes for HIS site are, what he saw for the future, and what steps we, as a community, need to embrace, rally around and support, in order to see that become a feasible reality.

Here is the BIGGEST issue with ICmag.

You have a MASSIVE amount of private information and people who live their lives with a high degree of secrecy stepping out of the shadows to share.

You need a webmaster and coders you can TRUST. Not just trust, but coders who understand the security complexities and they actually have to be rather cutting edge techies.

Since that field of willing and able people has dwindled as a result of many factors, but most assuredly, because the owner having spent the last several years in a prison in the Philippines fighting the US government....the site has suffered as well.

ICmag can be what it once was, it will just take the embrace of the community it once had. It's not the owners who make this place amazing. It's the user base that decides to support it with their various talents and resources.

It's not the owners fault those he created a cultural haven for abandoned him when shit hit the fan. Read my signature.

dank.Frank

giphy.gif

MedGrowerTom

Organic Dank Land
Veteran
ICmag can be what it once was, it will just take the embrace of the community it once had.

ill take ICmag on its worst day over any other site on its best. first and only place I felt at home since overgrow, the problem people come and go, and the people worth having stick around. Ide love to see some improvements on the site, heck thats what I went to school for, but it will happen in due time I'm sure, I have noticed this also, the clicking of links from google and have it not pop up online. I notice this from both phone browsing and pc browsing. I will add that when pc browsing, we are using mobile data to do it. It is annoying sure, but when a search engine crawls for data to populate its searches, and when threads get moved or posts deleted, it can cause havoc on those links.

Smoke a bowl, have some patience, im sure things will get worked out. Us stoners should be relax,.