What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What LED type and brand have you used that you'd get again?

Kwince

Looking to get a new LED-- maybe COB, maybe white light. Don't want Kings. Don't have tons of cash. Running total of 3500W that are getting dimmer by the day and need to supplement.
Please don't reccomend something other than an LED type fixture cuz that's what I run. Using LEDs for safety/peace of mind. There is no fire department to call in case something stupid happens. THANX!

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
I don't know much about LED lights but im gonna be doing a test grow with there new SP 250. Your more than welcome to check in and see how it does. I'm curious myself ive always used mh/hps

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I bought a LUSH light.. very expensive, lasted 1.5 grows.. no, I do not recommend them, CS sucks. CMH from here on.

Kwince

Thanks for the warning on Lush-- always heard you couldn't trust one. hehe
Anyway, I'm tired of so little yield from so many hours. I've decided to pony up some cash. Looking at HGL or HLG quantum boards. I like the idea of building them myself; looks more simple than I expected. That route takes me to HLG, but they don't offer a Meanwell driver separately, and I'd like to buy that brand.
On the other hand, the HGL Penetrators look verrrrrrry interesting. The quality of LEDs, 5 year warranties, all claims independently verified, made in the USA. I'm gonna try to find more posts on either of them. The HLGs that Amazon offers have a few devastating reviews, and I think one of the owners or engineers of HGL is an IC member.
Anyway, thanks for the reply.

starke

URSA Optilux COB. Kick ass lights, kick ass company and customer service. I've been running two of them for almost two years. All grows that appear in my signature were done under these lights.

Kwince

Look for Forum Menu (in middle and at top of any page), then click on a forum. Not sure which, lol. Just joined myself; it's how I found instructions for posting pictures. Welcome and good luck?