What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Classic Strains 2019 Grow - Skunk #1 - California Indica - Sensi Skunk - Jack Herer

J0sh1

Veteran
Im also curious as well to see how the Sensi stock is stacking up compared to what I remember from 20 years ago.

Im going to at some point start another grow tent comparing some
of Nirvana's current stock compared to genetics I have kept from them from 10 years ago.

Im really interested to see if any variation on some particular lines im
extremely familiar with.

Im going to get soon those salts from Fox Farms as well, Cha ching, open sesame and beasty blooms. The only product of the bushdoctor line ill be running is the Flower Kiss foliar at a quarter strength.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
Best of luck with your indoor soil project!:tiphat:

I'm an old outdoor guy and things are starting to get busy here..
The reason I'm commenting is that in March, an experienced grower friend gave me some seeds that he got got from a trusted friend of his..

They are Skunk seeds that have been in a freezer in Calif. since 1989...
Out of 28 seeds that I soaked and planted, I have ended up with 16 very healthy plants..
They were all started indoors in early April and all went outdoors a week ago... I'm beginning to sex them out..
(I have 5 of 16 positively ID'ed as girls so far...)

I hope they are the real deal and I hope that you have great luck with your skunk plant grow!:woohoo:

Here's a pic of my cat guarding some of the Skunk babies at my outdoor site.

Attachments

• skunk and C.A.T..jpg
    skunk and C.A.T..jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 33

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Im also curious as well to see how the Sensi stock is stacking up compared to what I remember from 20 years ago.

Im going to at some point start another grow tent comparing some
of Nirvana's current stock compared to genetics I have kept from them from 10 years ago.

Im really interested to see if any variation on some particular lines im
extremely familiar with.

Im going to get soon those salts from Fox Farms as well, Cha ching, open sesame and beasty blooms. The only product of the bushdoctor line ill be running is the Flower Kiss foliar at a quarter strength.

Yea hopefully there great man, Ive not tried Cha-ching yet but probably eventually. I like to do a heavy flush before harvest and usually don't feed the last 2wks or so

tiffa

That Norwegian forest cat means business.

I'm surprised how Indica Jack Here leaves are for a 10 week strain, I'm referring to Sensi's line though.

J0sh1

Veteran
Best of luck with your indoor soil project!:tiphat:

I'm an old outdoor guy and things are starting to get busy here..
The reason I'm commenting is that in March, an experienced grower friend gave me some seeds that he got got from a trusted friend of his..

They are Skunk seeds that have been in a freezer in Calif. since 1989...
Out of 28 seeds that I soaked and planted, I have ended up with 16 very healthy plants..
They were all started indoors in early April and all went outdoors a week ago... I'm beginning to sex them out..
(I have 5 of 16 positively ID'ed as girls so far...)

I hope they are the real deal and I hope that you have great luck with your skunk plant grow!:woohoo:

Here's a pic of my cat guarding some of the Skunk babies at my outdoor site.

Thanks, those plants look awesome! Hahah, digging the guardian as well. Good luck with those old school genetics friend. You will most definitively find some keepers in that bunch! preserve those genetics for posterity!

I also have a guardian of the indoor garden.

picture.php

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez the Pug is the Guardian of my indoor jungle!

J0sh1

Veteran
That Norwegian forest cat means business.

I'm surprised how Indica Jack Here leaves are for a 10 week strain, I'm referring to Sensi's line though.

I was thinking about that myself. But the new growth in the Jack, the leaves are starting to thin out a bit.

picture.php

Jack Herer

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Ive got a Seedsman Jack Herer outdoors that's kinda indica like. I grew some last year outdoors and they did great, I had one more sativa like that was really good it had that lemonish taste.

J0sh1

Veteran
picture.php

Side by side

Jack Herer, Skunk #1, California Indica

California Indica is very short and compact. To me it’s a good example of my vision of a “Indica”. Squat, compact and thick leave development.

Skunk #1 growth pattern has been interesting to observe. It’s very different from the other two. Out of all the 3 this is the one I’m looking forward to the must (believe it or not)

Jack Herer has grown faster than the other two. This particular strain I bought cause I went to Colorado a few months back and my girl enjoyed it a lot. She is a light smoker so I got this for her to smoke a bit just in case she doesn’t dig the other two.
Needless to say, it’s been a pleasure to watch it develop.

Next Thursday when my Fox Farm salts arrive, I’ll transplant them to 3 gallon smart pots and induce the flowering stage.

They are already almost at half the height of the grow tent so the time to flower is upon them.

J0sh1

Veteran
Already switched to 12 / 12
Left to Right: Skunk #1 - California Indica - Jack Herer

picture.php

Side by side. Pleased with the plants so far. Showing plenty of bud sites.

picture.php

Ncali

Veteran
Awesome start, & sure to be a killer finish. Classic, iconic strains. I hope you enjoy the grow!

Ill enjoy tuning in:wave:
NC

igrowone

Veteran
now that is some fine pics and a very fine looking plant
kind of looking like a masterpiece artistically

J0sh1

Veteran
Really happy so far with my experience running Sensi's stock. I have to say, in the past 2 decades I have read many opinions saying the quality of the stock has gone down the hill.

It always surprised me to read that cause my experiences with their lines had always been rather positive with their end product and seeds. I was first exposed to growing in 96 and the first grows I actually witnessed where of Sensi's Northern Lights and was blown away.

7 years ago when I moved stateside I ran Four Way and again had no complaints about it.

Just my 2 cents on that one.

Flower Shots - I can really tell how the blooms have increased when I switched from Fox Farm's Open Sesame to Fox Farm's Beastly Blooms.
Buds are starting to get denser!

picture.php

Jack Herer

picture.php

California Indica

picture.php

Skunk #1