What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is this soil as good as I hope? :)

Lady.Silver

Hi there,

I will start my first ever grow in a few weeks and I am now trying to prepare the golden base... the soil. I will plant 1 Sativa dominant Hybrid and 1 CBD, both Autoflowering.

After a lot of research, I found that a mixture of Top Crop Complete Mix (containing vermicompost, coconut fiber, perlite, leonardite, and blond peat) and Mega Worm Humus by Plagron (a base fertilizer used in soil substrates to favor growth and rooting. It's also used at the start of the flowering period and its humic formula increases microbial and fungi life which is quite good for your plants)

I would love to hear your feedback! :)

Regards from Spain!

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sounds like a good mix. Don't overwater, feed lightly (every 3 waterings) once sexed..../about 20+- days. Use 11-19 liter container. Good luck!

St. Phatty

Sounds good.

Do you have access to a natural setting where you can hike in and find pockets of primo dirt ?

As far as how to find it - by the smell.

If you don't know what dirt smells like, start smelling it.

Most of the topsoil in my backyard (on a hill) is thin, just a few inches.

In some places (pockets, holes in the ground) the soil piles up and is a full meter deep in some places.

Those pockets of natural soil are a great place to take soil from.

soil margin

Veteran
Good luck with the grow Lady. Probably don't need to spend money on it for just two plants but a few easy concentrated amendments I might suggest adding are a little rock dust, some biochar and a mycelium starter. Not always required based on soil composition but even a little can often help out growing speed and vigor of young plants significantly.

Latest posts

Latest posts