What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Favorite free game downloads for phones and tablets

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
So I finally ditched my flip phone and while getting a smart phone got Lenovo tablet too...giving my laptop a break....what are you guys fave free game downloads or apps...I got a 32 gchip in my phone so it actually holds alot more than my tablet...YEEHAW

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I downloaded a survival game but haven't lived over 3 days in the wilderness....strange cause I have done fine in real life..lol......YEEHAW

B

bigganjabud

I like hempire but it's a bit to close to real life hahhaha

How ya doing bud

Bobby Boucher

Chess.com has a super dank android/ios app, if you are into chess. Bounce Kitty Bounce is pretty addictive. Best chiptunes sountrack.. ever. Currently holding the #1 spot on the leaderboards. I likes to play me some tetris on the shitter, too.

I've been way too addicted to Rocket League as of late, though. My ipads are collecting dust and hash. And.. to be frank, these mindless tablet games are rapidly killing the console gaming industry, which provides much higher quality entertainment. Buy a gaming console! Tablet games are for pooping.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I do like chess played since high school chess club...ya I was in it...it was the pink Floyd music the teac her played that drew me in so long ago...I got 3d chess on laptop.......yeehaw

Bobby Boucher

Download the chess.com app! It's the gold standard of online chess play. Really great app. Feel free to invite me to a game anytime. They have a "Correspondence" mode that that allows you to play move by move, day by day, instead of having to sit down and actually play a game all the way through. Tons of different modes, tutorials, etc etc.

My handle is Crystal Farmer.

FWIW, my uncle is the 2012 national chess champion of Guatemala. He's such a bad ass.. I'm so proud of him.

Skip

Veteran
I assume you have an android phone.

I highly suggest ppl NOT download games onto their devices unless they really know and trust the company behind the game. Also note that there are many FAKE apps out there looking just like the real one, but with hacking features embedded.

Always review the access the app will get on your device. If you download a chess game for instance, it really doesn't need access to your address book, your online accounts, etc.

In fact, you should judge every app according to how much access it has to your personal data, and whether that is necessary for the app to function.

Another tip: Never put any financial info on a phone. I know everyone thinks it's a great convenience and yes, they are improving the security, however, if you use a regular computer to access your bank account or make purchases, it's wise to confine your transactions to a more secure system.

Also, if possible use a different email account on mobile devices. This way if your account (say gmail) gets hacked on your mobile device, it won't give them access to your other email accounts.

Now all these suggestions do lower the functionality of a mobile device. But how wise are we to put so much personal info on a mobile device that is easily lost or stolen or hacked?

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The old Final Fantasy games are fun if you like ones that are long and drawn out. The Android versions bring back some good memories.

shithawk420

Veteran
Can't play final fantasy without a real controller.been play the Trailer park boys mobile game recently.it's greasy but decent!

GSPfan

Veteran
The old Final Fantasy games are fun if you like ones that are long and drawn out. The Android versions bring back some good memories.

I love these games for nostalgic reasons but hated that they wanted $20 for an old ass game. That is until i started playing the free final fantasy app. $20 gets you practically nothing on the free app. Only 5 star characters are useful and are good enough to beat the harder content. Rolling for a 5 star is about 1 in a hundred odds. And for $139.99 You can get 32 rolls. It's insane. But now $20 for for an old ff game doesn't seem too bad lol.

GSPfan

Veteran
tpb game keeps crashing on me. Got to season 5 and deleted it....Yeehaw

I think some games are made that way. Not sure if the tpb game is like this but some games want you to link your game to Facebook so they can advertise through your fb account. So if the game keeps crashing, they tell you to link your game to fb so when you reinstall you don't lose your progress. Clever little scammers.

rolandomota

Veteran
Im a mobster since back in the day it got canned but now its called mobsters players revenge its pretty low tech its free some find it booring but i love it i have 3 accounts i will make one more and thats it. You do missions attack people biy equipment and territory to make money its pretty cool make sure you spend most your points on attack or defense or you will get your ass beat. You can have 3 guys on each account you use one at a time i have 2 attack and 1 defense/energy guy i switch to the defense /energy dude all day mostly to win against attacks and losing money lol. Im really good at it but some spend money to buy stuff to make their guy stronger screw that at the rate im going i will be up their with no money paid in a few months this game is from 2014 i think it went away from myspace and Facebook in 2011 or 2012 i really missed it i wish i found it again sooner. You can talk smack if you want but i dont like all that drama or actually i have no enemies.....yet mua ha ha ha! I like that theirs no cheating with bots in this one that was a major problem in the first version. I hate game cheaters gta iv has cheaters on playstation i despise them anyways back to gaming....

shithawk420

Veteran
i dony have a problem with mine.im on season 14.sorry to hear its crashing on you guys.i dont do facebook or anything.but i do watch the adds for freebies.maybe that has something to do with it. or maybe its cause i got the best phone in the world.the Note Edge