What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaii Green harvest 2016

militia420

Do we know where their base of operations is? Do they keep choppers on each island or do they come off of Oahu and do their rounds? I'm curious because it would be great if some manner of monitoring them taking off could be done. Then people could announce that their airborne and give a heads up to others.

oct

With the new legal tax generating medical grows that were just licensed don't you think they will crack down harder this year?

there's a couple congressmen behind those 7 dispensaries I'll bet and they won't want any competition from fern forest.

I think somebody should shut those copters down because of the pollution and wasted fuel.
Get the environmentalists worked up about them.

I vacationed on Maui when they were burning the cane fields. All kinds of pollutants in the air. If I didn't know better, I'd say they lit a giant pile of fuckin tires. I was guessing maybe they just toast all the irrigation with the fields and redo it next run vs. removing it. I dunno, but that smoke was harsh.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Just saw the Black Puma with the camera thing coming back from Hamakua side.
Also saw him flying around Hilo yesterday around 5:30pm.

I vacationed on Maui when they were burning the cane fields. All kinds of pollutants in the air. If I didn't know better, I'd say they lit a giant pile of fuckin tires. I was guessing maybe they just toast all the irrigation with the fields and redo it next run vs. removing it. I dunno, but that smoke was harsh.

You guessed right oct, they just burn all the drip lines and replace them every replanting which is about every two years or a little over. HC&S isn't doing cane anymore after this last harvest. I'm sure they're going to turn some of the land into house lots; I'd hate to buy that land with 50 years worth of burnt plastic in the ground. I live where there used to be pineapple fields and can find plastic weed film anywhere I dig pretty much. It's crazy how companies can treat these islands and get away with it. Anyway, probably a little TMI, but it was flowing, ha ha.

ETA: I only mentioned companies, but in actuality a lot of locals dump garbage everywhere too and the dumps are FREE, but the fields, forrests and gulches are closer I guess. It's nuts to disrespect the aina like that.

And to keep it on topic, I haven't seen GH and they suck! Mwah ha ha!

Last edited:

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Yeah, some lady on Facebook posted pictures of the yellow chopper in Hawaiian Estates yesterday. Said they were dropping guys down and coming back up with bundles.

PunaLou

Chopper been over Leilani Estates and down towards Pohoiki today and yesterday. Just hovered over my house..I guess trying to decide if my 6 little babies just starting to bud are worth thousands of tax dollars to grab. Im guessing they are thinking maybe :)

Casper808

Big isle stay safe....let's keep this thread Rollin wit good info....
Happy aloha Friday
What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.
—John Ruskin

Dirtboy808

Veteran
came over me then sent over the puma for a camera shot. He left and no one has come to my gate. Lunch now, so we see.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Just watched the Puma leave the airport and head towards hamakua side. I gotta go home hide my shit, dont want my location compromised even though my numbers good.

Green

Veteran
Great job all you guys, this thread seriously might save some plants.
Stay safe!