What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hawaii Green harvest 2016

HiKillahz

I just saw one guy on rollitup said they're flying super low in Ocean View and possibly doing compliance checks. I guess it was posted on greenharvesthawaii on IG too.
Yup just saw one helicopter fly low over Ocean View. He was hovering over one spot for a while, then he left for a bit then flew back over. Looked like he had a good camera on the side of his chopper. I'll update if I see more

HiKillahz

Green harvest for sure little yellow helicopter. They just flew over again. This one was different from the one I saw this morning. The one this morning was black with a camera mounted on the side. I got a pic of it I'll try to post

HiKillahz

In the sights. This is the one this morning you can see the dome camera on the side.

Attachments

• IMG_20170713_151753659.jpg
    IMG_20170713_151753659.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 14

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Might have something to do with that campground fire, yah?

No, it is most definitely GH. Lots of reports frim Hilo to Kau all week. I drove by the airport earlier this week and it was reeking of fresh herb near the helicopter hangars.

One of the guys started a 2017 GH thread here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=343291

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Hawaii still get flown a lot?

I've always wondered what'd it'd be like for a Guerilla there... do they stop to chop 3 or 4 plants? I know they grid the islands, but they obviously don't find everything, right?

kalopatchkid

Veteran
Hawaii still get flown a lot?

I've always wondered what'd it'd be like for a Guerilla there... do they stop to chop 3 or 4 plants? I know they grid the islands, but they obviously don't find everything, right?

They fly maybe 1 or 2 weeks out of the year with a ground crew for the last couple years. When they utilize the ground crew seems to be the only time it matters, otherwise they just seem to be doing nothing but wasting gas.

The news says they are supposed to be flying grids in Puna the later half of this month "to study the volcano" but they will be using Green Harvest helicopters equipped with LIDAR camera's to study vegetation. I have a hunch that this will also coincide with a GH mission since the timing is similar to previous years.

Lolo94

Does Green Harvest still spray the plants in the forest? Use to hate that feeling of hiking couple hours, then finding some of the plants with orangish or purplish dye. and slowly watching them die from the top down over the next couple weeks. Was good incentive to keep patches to only 3 plants and spread them out far.

kalopatchkid

Veteran
The news says they are supposed to be flying grids in Puna the later half of this month "to study the volcano" but they will be using Green Harvest helicopters equipped with LIDAR camera's to study vegetation. I have a hunch that this will also coincide with a GH mission since the timing is similar to previous years.

They flying today. Looks like my hunch was right.

Latest posts

Latest posts