What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

400w HPS, Blumats, Smartpots with Golden Label nutrients

omgwt

Air cool that thing with 1 more inline fan and feel that neg pressure. Wadiddo

i think its fine like this, it doesnt get very hot like this its only a 400w bulb mind you. I vegged them too long that's why i couldnt fit the fan inside any longer.. but next time it won't really be an issue :) passive intake is all that's needed too imo

omgwt

1 400 you should be fine passive. Do I see a P issue comming on in a few leaves in the last pic?

Well there are a few brown spots on the leaves.. I figured it was from too much N and MG so i removed the MG additive I have - and only running A+B baseline with some enzyme and also PK soon (think im about ~3 weeks into flowering right now the buds are starting to come out and grow)

Sprayed some HALO on them the other night, too. Not sure it works or not - supposed to help the plants be healthy and help it in different phases of the grow

Weeded1s

Keep an eye on it.. im pretty sure its P deff. I just rackd my brain on it in my own grow. Now im good though by upping the p. I think thats the trickest one to identify.. but as your in week 3 I bet its p deff not n overdose. What ec r u at?

omgwt

Keep an eye on it.. im pretty sure its P deff. I just rackd my brain on it in my own grow. Now im good though by upping the p. I think thats the trickest one to identify.. but as your in week 3 I bet its p deff not n overdose. What ec r u at?

it's very possible that its p def, altho since i stopped the extra MG/N solution they havent shown more brown spots, but the ones i saw at first are still there. I don't have an E/C meter yet, I might be able to order a cheap one soon. By the way, do you know if it's possible to take some cuttings from one of my flowering plants? 3-4w since 12/12 by now. I have a vague memory reading that it may not always be the best, but I'm not sure. The thing is i did a batch of seedlings this time, and I find especially one of these phenos really awesome, in fact it's the one i took a picture today, really sweet fruity/grapy fragrance (it's Iced Grapefruit from FML seeds) and it seems best in all aspects of growing weed out of the 6.

bS9YKZc.jpg

Unclecrash

I would try it what do you got to loose. I have read they will root easier. I had one years ago that rooted a few weeks in and it was a small popcorn nugget on top. But I knew nothing at the time about hydro and I killed it. I also have read they will go nuts popping all kinds of sprouts if you after its rooted put it back into veg. Take the cut's down low if possible so not to upset the good bug growth.

Last edited:

SecondAttempt

I would try it what do you got to loose. I have read they will root easier. I had one years ago that rooted a few weeks in and it was a small popcorn nugget on top. But I knew nothing at the time about hydro and I killed it. I also have read they will go nuts popping all kinds of sprouts if you after its rooted put it back into veg. Take the cut's down low if possible so not to upset the good bug growth.

I don't know about rooting easier but they will root... it's called monster cropping and yes they will throw lots of shoots. Have at it homie.

omgwt

thats really good info guys, thanks! i havent heard about monster cropping before, but it seems perfect for how i grow, and i got all the things for making clones at home already, might cut my downtime by a few weeks if i take them now :)

oh yeah, i was filling up the res today and the light when dark - perfect timing to take some decent photos! I made a gallery on imgur because it seemed easier, but somehow the pictures are now smaller in it.. Well, heres the link: http://imgur.com/a/PmHk3

Weeded1s

Really quickly.. hows that coco? I can get it for 12 dollars a bail but I went canna instead just to be safe. Whats your overall experience with it ...would u run it again.

omgwt

I will probably run it again, but I dont know.. I've had issues getting the blumats dialed in lately.. Perhaps a timer and pump is a better more reliable option if I leave them for up to a week on their own. Growing is coco is lovely, I bought mine from Golden Label but I had some Canna coco left as well, that I mixed in. I will probably buy the bails next time because apparantly there can be pest eggs and such in the pre-soaked coco (?).

Unclecrash

Here is a cut I took about a week or so into flower. I dont know how but a few mites were chewing on it ,but im sure I got um. Using hydrogauard on them root's , there lovin it.

Last edited:

omgwt

really cool uncle, i took some clones and at the moment 2 are back to veg kinda, the rest kinda died (didnt have rhizo or anything to help them grow, only basic nutes for new babies)

i thought id update since it's been 3 weeks, and the girls are clearly fattening up right now

MsWX8gA.jpg

omgwt

In fact - they are so heavy they can't really stand on their own anymore! :huggg:

I hope that the end weight is 150g, considering it's a 400w bulb on an 0.72 square meter area it shouldn't be impossible, but then again i didnt go scrog like I planned to. I'm happy if it's 150g dry weight tho.

Unclecrash

Lookin good you got some big, fat, juicy, nuggets there!! My grow is about finished too. I just typed a big reply and some how I lost it.:headbange I think you will get 4 lid's easy or close to it. What strain's are you growing. And are you using CO2:tiphat: How long do you have to go yet?

omgwt

Hey guys - cut them a few days ago, I have some pics that I'll upload when I can.
I had to cut them earlier than I wanted (only flushed for 2 days) because I saw some mildew and I was also worried that the spidermites had returned so I cut it down out of safety - the triches were all milky white anyway - but since I wasn't able to flush properly they all taste of nutes right now. I am currently water curating a couple of branches to see if this removes the disgusting nute taste. Other than that they smell lovely, especially the iced grapefruit smells.. well kinda like grapefruit, very sweet smell.

My strains are Iced Grapefruit and Pure AK

The clones I took were from phenos of iced and AK - not sure which is which but I think my two healthiest clones are AK's. I have ordered some new ph- and root nutes and now I just need to build a flood table (tired of having to scoop water out of the tent bottom every time the blumats went on an flood spree, also doesnt help the tent in cleanliness) and scrog net and I will put them in to the tent - hopefully I'll have the money to buy supplies for table and net before christmas.

omgwt

Oh yeah, i dont use any kind of co2 :)

a side not to my last post - i will probably grow in smaller pots this time - regular plastic 3.6L pots instead of the 11L smartpots. The pot size is pretty simple - it took ages to get good roots in 10L of coco, and I've seen people with 2L pots growing major bushes anyway. Oh and I'll probably only have 2 plants in scrog this next time! 6 plants is a lot of work. and no real added benefit when scrogging.

omgwt

I just sat down and weighed all the bud - roughly 210g

i did have to remove 5-10g of bud with mildrew/spidermite web in, btw can i do anything with this? like bho extraction or something to get use of the thc in the bud
i also have around 10-15g in a bottle for water curing, and i probably took around 2-3g before harvest to test in different stages

So my guesstimate is that they probably produced around 225g! .. Not too bad for my 2nd harvest ever. My first I pulled 125g, but that was a few years ago now.