What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does anyone make cannabis tea?

louie

I was wondering if anyone makes cannabis tea? I am a big tea drinker, but have never tried to make cannabis tea. How much would one use in a cup? Do you use a tea bag or a metal strainer? What are the effects like? Similar too edibles?

vapedg13

Veteran
heres how I have made tea

1 cup water 1 cup milk... mix the 2 together...get 1-2gs of crumbled dry weed

bring the water/milk to a low boil add the weed.. simmer (low boil) for 30 mins

get a pulp strainer.... pour your mix through the strainer into a mug...add a tea bag ...your sugar or honey

It definatley tastes like weed tea but it gives you a body high for 6-8 hrs

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought THC is water insoluble, meaning you need some sort of fat to "extract" ??

I have made with milk, bringing to boil for like 9 minutes I think???

also a huge tea drinker... got some darjeeling right here with me now ( castleton moonlight ) excellent...

arhen

I thought THC is water insoluble, meaning you need some sort of fat to "extract" ??

I have made with milk, bringing to boil for like 9 minutes I think???

also a huge tea drinker... got some darjeeling right here with me now ( castleton moonlight ) excellent...
Thats true, don't know why people (also non smokers) always talk about cannabis tea. There are a lot of better ways to use your weed.

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
We know THC isn't water soluible, thus the milk etc, but nobody mentioned alky extracted.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I have some bubblehash in Everclear, it was suppose to get used for another project. I'm out of tea tho,,,,,,,

Coffee maybe????

My major complaint with oral injestion is doseage. Too much - is uncomfortable for me, a lightweight could have a bad day indeed.

I will be back......

We know THC isn't water soluible, thus the milk etc, but nobody mentioned alky extracted.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

I have some bubblehash in Everclear, it was suppose to get used for another project. I'm out of tea tho,,,,,,,

Coffee maybe????

My major complaint with oral injestion is doseage. Too much - is uncomfortable for me, a lightweight could have a bad day indeed.

I will be back......

butane dragon is a version.... less the chlorophyll. butane extracted and refined then suspended in ethanol. it forms a milky emulsion in the tea. drink it while hot and it kicks butt!

sprinkl

Veteran

Hmmmmmmmmm.

Coffee maybe????

I will be back......

The highest I've ever gotten from eating was from ingesting a mix of Turkish hash and some other hash, could've been Dutch icehash. I dissolved .7 grams by heating a spoon with the hash and olive oil. The hash fell appart as soon as it got hot. Then I mixed it in a cup of hot milk. Heavy visual and physical distortions within an hour, couldn't even manage to smoke a second joint on it. Really confused and trippy.
The action of heating the hash in a spoon makes you feel like a crackhead though.

gardenbug

I use coconut oil.
Dissolve hash in coconut oil in a double boiler setup. 20 mins at 250f. Store in refrigerator until you want tea. Make tea, mix in some of the oil.

M

MrSterling

I've a friend who brews up pots of steeped fan leaves every once in awhile and then cools it for iced tea. Nothing psychoactive about it, just tastes like a green tea to me.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've a friend who brews up pots of steeped fan leaves every once in awhile and then cools it for iced tea. Nothing psychoactive about it, just tastes like a green tea to me.

If you add some whole milk, it's psychoactive and great tasting too. Fan leaves of any decent strain have plenty of THC.

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
when i cut on the lower vegatation off i put them in tea bags and brew them taste just like green tea. never tried it with any bud or trim

M

MrSterling

If you add some whole milk, it's psychoactive and great tasting too. Fan leaves of any decent strain have plenty of THC.

Hmm! I'll have to try this next time I have the chance.

catalyte

Veteran
heres how I have made tea

1 cup water 1 cup milk... mix the 2 together...get 1-2gs of crumbled dry weed

bring the water/milk to a low boil add the weed.. simmer (low boil) for 30 mins

get a pulp strainer.... pour your mix through the strainer into a mug...add a tea bag ...your sugar or honey

It definatley tastes like weed tea but it gives you a body high for 6-8 hrs

Thanks for posting this simple recipe!

i have never tried a Canna Tea before ( made lots of brownies b4) so this should be fun!!

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I do.....

I do.....

I was wondering if anyone makes cannabis tea?
Louie I make tea quite often but not in a way you are describing. I took a quart of 100 proof rum, about 4 ounces of really good bud and the powdery shake from the bottom of a sack that had all my trim in it. Let all that soak in a 1 gallon jar for 1 month, yes 1 month. I then strained it, sat the contents on a warming stove and let the alcohol evaporate off. Took the goo that was left and stirred it into a quart of local honey, the honey heated at the time to allow mixing well. A 1/4 teaspoon along with a decaf tea packet in a cup of boiling water is my daily dose.
I've have also heated a pencil lead sized chunk of bubble hash in a table spoon of honey over my gas range and add that to a cup of de-caf tea. Tea provides different relief than smoking. Be well..DD

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
i love making tea from the fan leaves and all the lower vegging arms that i trim off. just got a breville jucier im going to try jucing some casey joneys tonite!! heard the shit does wonders for your body