What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Haze at the moment?

oldbootz

Veteran
Hi I'm looking for recent information about the taste and high of the haze seed offerings that are out at the moment.

Tom Hills Original Haze

Sams Original Haze hybrids (pic: seed boutique skunk / haze) - haze5 x skunk / haze seeds are available, no reports yet
KMG%20Mirre.jpg

Mr Nice Nevilles Haze (pic: Paddi 2017)
picture.php

Mr Nice Mango Haze (pic: seedsman)
mangohaze.jpg

Ace Old Timer Haze (pic: Dubi 2016)
attachment.php

Chimera Incense Haze (pic: Robney 2017) - also appears as a hybrid only (Simply Irresistible)
picture.php

And any other top pedigree haze or haze hybrid.

Please give a time frame if you offer any information as the seed business changes quickly.

Many thanks

A

acridlab

me too.. i see you did ur research. everything on that list is exactly what i would consider the best available in seed..

keep hearing great thing things about that mango haze ,, lots of folks say its the closest to the old new york piff/church, etc..

hope you score some good feedback,, and even some grow reports outta ppl around here.. hazes are gonna be the 'end all' for the true connoisseurs out there. Especially now that o.gs, n cookies n chems n diesels have been grown out soo hard the past decade..

peace

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
it depends what you want. all are good, nevs and mango are haze hybrids.. not haze. oth is pure and wildest, the most tropical looking. tom hill haze is special selection of original haze. i dont see sams oh available anywhere? all have many phenos..

i cant comment on NY piff.. :tiphat:

B

bigganjabud

Just can't see the hype with it most hazes I've smoked have been low to mediocre on my things to grow list

I was living in London for the past 4 years amniesia has been about the main staple of the market

Too much too soon

oldbootz

Veteran
I grew a amnesia x g13/haze and it was meh. Bland high. Looked pretty though. I tried Mr Nice SSH 4 years ago. A bit better but didnt find any keepers from 18 seeds, just some nice phenos. I smoked a Nev haze around 2008 and it was amazing. The taste was to die for. Catpiss, oil, incense vibes. The high was soaring and lasted long. Im not sure if this kind of haze is still around. Hence this thread starting.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hi I'm looking for recent information about the taste and high of the haze offerings that are out at the moment.

Tom Hills Original Haze
Sams Original Haze
Mr Nice Nevilles Haze
Mr Nice Mango Haze
Old Timer Haze
Chimera Incense Haze (what is this?)

And any other top pedigree haze.

Please give a time frame if you offer any information as the seed business changes quickly.

Many thanks :thank you:
Hi ,
i grew mango haze and nevils haze around 6 years ago i guess ,

i didnt find any of them boring , they were all good ,
and some exceptional ones amongst them ,

some particularly incense aromas ,, lingering and long lasting ,
very pungent smoke ,
and as i said some of the mango haze was very strong but euphoric,
and the nevils haze gave sweaty hot rushes across the head ,
with some paranoia depending on situations ....

i grew them outdoor in the tropics ...

oldbootz

Veteran
I went over to the mns forum and collected some info.

Regarding Neville's Haze:
03-16-2017 I've grown Mr Nice strains outdoors for five seasons in a row at 45 degrees South temperate rainforest with snow in June. Nev Haze is very variable in that 70% plants are very late but 10% can be early. Not a very high ratio I know. If I plant in Spring which is Sept-Oct then the late Nev Hze finish two weeks into June if at all but I've had early ones finished by end of April. That was two out of thirty. Not only finish late but flower at a ridiculously slow rate if temps drop. Very technical plant to grow but a good Neville Haze is truly exceptional in terms of potency.

I personally believe the most under rated strain at Mr Nice seeds is The Doors. Like I've said I've grown five seasons in a row of Black Widow, Mango Haze, Neville Haze, Neville Skunk, The Doors, U2 and Early Haze and The Doors wins best plant every season by miles so far. The buds are very similar to Nev haze buds but often smell strongly of Mango... they form much faster and finish earlier than Nev Haze and some phenos pack a real wallop. It is even more variable than Nev Hze in terms of some plants being early and some late and some are bushy and short and some are very sativa leaning but you can get very early ones that are still potent.

Anyway I originally intended to rework Nev Hz over successive seasons but ended up reworking The Doors instead... crossing it to Thai82 for my personal killer strain.

Getting back to Nev Hz it is April now and I have one doors with say 3 weeks left to go.... the rest 5 weeks but could probably pull in four... except three nev hze that are ONE WEEK into flowering. They will not finish before winter kills them.

Overall the Nev Hze are even slower than my Thai landrace lines but to me personally it is still worth growing just to get that super powerful one every now and then... but it means growing plants for nothing every season because they don't finish.

Hope that helps.

Scrubdog

And the official marketing bit for Nev Haze
A tribute to the father of all modern seed companies, Neville Schoenmakers. There is something very special about this 3/4 sativa that those in the know will recognize once they smell the end product. It can be difficult to know what to base your selective reasoning on, but the plants that go longer than 16 weeks indoor will really not be of value in the end to indoor cultivators.A tip for those who do find a long flowering plant they wish to keep...clones usually finish 2-3 weeks quicker than the seed mother plant and therefore will give the grower a possibility to finish something that normally needs the tropics to grow in.The full flavor is sativa all the way so for you Indica lovers this plant will not be for you! It was made by combining a pure Haze to a NL5/Haze, thus creating probably one of the most influential plants of our time , certainly for flavor , aroma and effect. It is a must if you are within 10' of the equator for outdoor cultivation , but indoor would be recommended in other regions.All seed companies owe the ground work and origin of modern cultivars to Nevil . Like the man himself...the legend grows!

oldbootz

Veteran
I wonder how hard it would be to find a 15-18 week keeper from 18 seeds if this info is correct.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day OB

Nevil`s / Mango is a goodn too .
If growing Haze indoors . Take clones and flower them . Faster finish from a mature mother .

Selection hunt . Find a good one and there`s nothing like it for head buzz .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

oldbootz

Veteran
This Haze#5 x Original Haze/Skunk #1 from Sam sounds interesting to me. Guess I have to wait a while to see if people do a grow report.

rolandomota

I would go with oldtimers haze because its fresh and if something doesn't sprout replacements will be sent. I 100% Trust the strain description

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
also dont forget punto rojo from cannabiogen, haze variant straight from colombia

i was smoking nevilles this morning and i was medicated like 5 hours LOL

picture.php

though it doesnt taste so good like real haze could... northern lights watered it down :D

kokomarin

I run one nh(ghs) ,outdoor,43,6n,se,eu,in 40 l pot,preflower in May,so I believe cuts will finish till December ,in most sunny island ,20 yards from and above sea level.
Red steam,vigor and incense is caracteristic .

Robney

Haze is not what I'm most familiar with (more sour, og, gg4 type buds come around my way), but I am running Chimera's simply irresistible. FYI - Chimera's incense haze is the mom, so that isn't out in seed form, but he has crossed it to his jack, sweet skunk, chemdog (chimera selction), and blockhead. I've smoked on some I ran previously, and it is hands down the best Haze I've smoked in years, and with my most recent run it looks like I'm finally treating her the way she wants. If you want more updates when I harvest and smoke, I can pop back in

Here's some photos at day 67 I think, I've taken her at 12 weeks but this one might go longer

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

LostTribe

Premium user
I ran ACE Purple Oldtimer's Haze very recently and am still enjoying her often! Took a long time but overall a very worthwhile EXPERIENCE! Different than anything else you will find out there these days thats for sure! Also a fan of their Zamaldelica in standard form, greatly potent stuff in that offering....

Old-timer's Haze Off in my Brain!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=330853

WelderDan

Veteran
I'll be running some Seedsman Sugar haze. Supposed to Colombian Red x Haze, so we'll see. I grew lots of Colombian Red back in the day, and it was good stuff. Hopefully I find something worth keeping.

Latest posts

Latest posts