What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

farmerlions first greenhouse grow

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Well good news. After a day with 40 mph winds and gusts to 60 mph. The greenhouse was fine and nothing moved at all. I was able to get my water tank raised up on some pallets and strapped down. Now it's time to fill grow bags and move the girls to their new home. Pictures Monday I hope. Peace

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
It really looks good. I am impressed with how taut you got the plastic sheathing. That should help keep it from ripping in the wind.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
GRAND OPENING!!!

GRAND OPENING!!!

Hello everybody, Well I have the tiles laid, grow bags filled and the girls are planted. Intermittent showers and sunshine today. The girls have been under 24 hour lights so far. Tonight they will get their first taste of darkness.
I have 15 grow bags filled and planted. I have two more 45 gallon bags I could use. If I do use then along back wall by fan. I will plant China Yunnan and Erdpurt to keep a shorter bodied plant. I did place 3 seeds of Malawi x MaPettit in a 35 gallon tub to see how well germination occurs in the greenhouse environment. I expect it to be fine. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I still have some work to do. Hang, install and plumbing to propane heater. I also need to run electrical wiring to greenhouse, wire up all plugins and inflation fan between layers of poly. Peace

gorilla ganja

Wow marble floors in a green house, fancy.
Did you start with smaller plants on purpose to keep height in check or just running behind on schedule ?
Anyway everything is looking pro, can't wait to see the end product.

Peace GG

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
gorilla ganja, A little of each I guess. I started with Jiffy pots. I didn't like how they were growing so I culled most of them. The greenhouse took longer than I thought to erect also. Without a blackout system, they won't start flowering until August 23rd. First pistils from last years date anyway for outside plants. They will have almost 3 months of vegetative growth.
Claude Hopper, I have two chairs and some cold beers. Where are you at brother?
I am pretty excited now that I can watch them grow. I need 250 gallons of water in my main water tank. I need to retest a couple source Ph's before I fill. Have a safe Memorial holiday everyone.

Gorilla ganja, The marble floor tiles were just repurposing some material I had around. The insulation would have been torn to hell in a short time without some kind of covering. It did work out pretty well in the end.
I realized today how much I miss the aroma's of a grow room. Peace

Last edited:

gorilla ganja

I forgot it was you that had the jiffy pellet problem. I read to many threads sometimes, hard to remember which is which. With 3 months veg they should be touching the roof, what is your total height in the greenhouse?
And I was just teasing with the flooring. If you can get it for free it's an awesome idea. I bet it will help in the fall to retain heat and radiate it back over the night.

Peace GG

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Gorilla Ganja, I have 9'6" from floor and 8' from top of grow bags. If height becomes an issue I was planning on doing some netting at 6 1/2 to 7'. I have plenty of room to tie them off to stakes and restrain them if needed. I prefer to let them grow as natural as possible. I don't do FIM, super cropping or aggressive branch bending. Manipulated quantity has never been my goal in growing. I prefer to refine the grow environment to the best of my abilities. If I feel I need more bud I plant one more seed. I try to keep everything very simple.

I did get the main power line ran to the greenhouse this morning. Nothing connected yet. I will get more parts needed this week in town. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Well I couldn't take two 45 gallon grow bags just sitting there. I figured they could each handle two smaller plants. I'm germinating four seeds in small pots now. (1 Ace mix fem, 1 China Yunnan fem, 1 Purple PCK x Panama, 1 Angola x Kali China). I will place the Panama and the Angola in separate grow bags as I feel they will dominate the space. The feeding requirements may be different if the Angola is dominant over the Kali China. I will try to ride the fence and keep them both happy or at least not pissed at me. Push comes to shove. The Angola will win out over the Ace mix roommate. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Four more girls

Four more girls

The two new grow bags are 45 gallon and have two plants in each bag. Bag #1 is Ace mix fem and Angola x Kali China.

Bag #2 is Purple PCK x Panama and China Yunnan.
A picture of the bags at end of greenhouse. Also my water tank mounted outside. I have three young ladies spending the week with us that will get put to work filling the water tank.

The water tank is plumbed to connect to a garden hose. It is supposed to gravity feed if I have the tank height set properly. I'm getting old, mixing soil and carrying bags of soil kicked my ass. I'm happy Monday is a holiday and I should be off. I will need the time to recuperate. It's such a shame I still have 4oz's and can't use any of it to help myself. I will continue to trust in it's better to give than receive. It's a hard pill to swallow in the middle of back spasms. Ok I'm done crying, pulling up my big boy panties. lol
Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
The little stakes are hard to read. I will make laminated cards tomorrow with fertilizer needs, flowering times and name of genetics. It is easier to feed according to colors on a card than remembering each plants individual needs. Three colors for three different feeding requirements. The last two bags have different needs but I could have four more strains. As Dubi warned don't be over crowded, causes problems. It will be hard kicking some out of the nest if need be. Rolling the dice! Peace

Ncali

Veteran
My friend, great set up you have there! Harvest is so far off, but putting in this work now will yield great rewards! Hopefully your back holds up haha

Tuned in!

:tiphat:NC

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
nksv, The only people who get credit for selection is dubi, and the three other vendors on the Ace site. If not for them We wouldn't be able to have such great genetics to buy. I better mention my wife also. What I've spent on genetics could have taken her on a very nice vacation. I'm glad you like what you see. I will certainly try and do them justice.

ULMV, Thank you. I was hesitant to log the whole process of the build. Then I thought it is all part of growing and the learning curve. If others are thinking about getting one. They can see what is involved in doing the project. I'm sure some will come to this page and not see big lush plants in the first couple pages and think this guy blows. In the next couple months I hope to keep everybody's interest. Without the foundation of genetics through Ace seeds. I may as well be growing corn. The time we spend studying and learning really only gets appreciated at harvest. I'm glad you could enjoy the whole process ULMV. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Ncali, You are absolutely right my friend. Thank you! There are no short cuts to quality. Not saying I will achieve my goals, but I'm trying to limit the possibilities of problems. I enjoy the whole journey from germination through harvest and curing. I don't smoke myself but I love giving out really cool Christmas jars of smiles. Ho Ho Ho. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Some plant pictures

Some plant pictures

Orient Express x NepJam
Queen Mother
Michoacán Cream Destroyer
Getting pretty warm today. I have done two light waterings so far. I have two bags that are germinating seeds. I don't want them drying out. Peace

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
More plants

More plants

The Golden Tiger seems pretty happy so far.
Zipolite Oaxacan, This strain excites me.
The Lilly x MaPettit. This is the only plant I can smell just standing over it. By the time she gets full grown. She may be very aromatic.
Peace

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Some different girls.

Some different girls.

These three Malawi x MaPettit popped up over night.
Kali China x New Malawi Killer.
Peyote Purple
Lilly x MaPettit. So far the girls seem pretty happy. My main water source has a better Ph than what it was last year. I have also used an acidic fertilizer to balance water Ph. even more. I have 350 gallons of pre-mixed supply. I have 100 gallons of rain water that the seedlings will get for another week or two. I have been misting all the leaves with the rain water also. It seems to work well on the last couple of warm days. Peace