What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GastroGrower's Ganja Garden

GastroGrower

dusted a bunch of lower branches on the female today and pulled the male. Here's a few shots of his flower structure.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Pollen
picture.php

GastroGrower

Showing some signs of fertilization via brown and shriveled pistils and some swelling in Calyxes - here's one of the lower branches showing trichome development

picture.php

GastroGrower

Middle of week 5 - I'm gonna probably need to start watering twice a day - snagged these shots just a few minutes before lights on.

picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Day 38 and we're starting to see the buds begin swelling. Smell is definitely kicking in as well. Some leaf tips curling up and a bit of tacoing due to the light being so close, but otherwise no issues as far as I can tell. Some of the mid fan leaves look like they're yellowing in these pictures, but that's just the HPS. She seems to be enjoying the Botanicare nutrients. Right now being fed 10 ml bloom and 2.5 ml CalMag in 3/4 gallon RO water.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Left monday morning and just got back home to my garden. Looks like there's some minor deficiencies showing in fan leaves but nothing too devastating. I have to do the same thing next week unfortunately but I may be able to find a solution. Here's some shots of the bud development at day 47 and the deficiencies.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

This girl is looking rough with the nutrient deficiencies she had, but starting to swell and really get some nice stank to her. The buds are noticeably bigger under the CHM/HPS combo as opposed to the LEDs I ran this strain under the last time.

This is day 50 for the Confusion Breath

picture.php
picture.php

justiceman

Veteran
I'd say she's looking pretty damn good overall. I really like the tight structure she has. :dance013:My guess is the deficiencies are caused by just a touch of nutrient build up from either a bit hot of a feed or not enough feeds per day. It will be awesome to see how many seeds you get and what they look like up close.

justiceman

Veteran
Looking great. I'm sure she's a happy mom. Any chance you could take some close up pictures of the seed pods under normal lighting? This is sweet. :tiphat: I'm not too familiar with pollinated female plants. I'm wondering if the seeds are somewhat visible at this point or if they do not appear until the very final stages of life.

GastroGrower

Yeah I plan on taking some nice shots in good lighting prior to harvest. Not 100% certain anything pollinated so we'll see. Came in today to see the weight had finally gotten to her. Lifted her back up with some ratchets after some wrestling. Here she is before getting support put in.

picture.php

GastroGrower

Fade is coming in nicely at day 10 of the flush, day 64 of 12/12. Looks like this girl has the same nice magenta developing on the leaves on her buds that I saw the last run.

picture.php

GastroGrower

Harvested today. Pretty happy with the quality. I just used base nutrients and Calmag for this run and I think next time I'll throw in some liquid Karma and Hydroplex to see how that affects her. Here's a couple shots of the seeds that developed and one of the main colas.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Looks like the seed making was a success. Found this guy who must have ripened up and fell into the coco not long ago.

picture.php

Here's all the F2s I pulled while harvesting - still quite a bit to pull out of the buds. I think if I let the plant go for another week or so, there would have been more mature, viable seeds but there's plenty that should be usable.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

GastroGrower

Looks like I have to move out of my apartment at the end of November (roommate is moving in with her boyfriend) so sadly I have to shut down my garden until I find somewhere else I can set it up. Took down the Barney's Farm Critical Kush plant I had been vegging out for a month or so yesterday and thought I'd share some pics to show the structure and growth. I've known I'd have to leave for a week or so and haven't really been taking care of her, so she has a few deficiencies but otherwise is a super easy plant to grow. This was with a single topping and no other trimming or training.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php