What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new Cali med laws for dummies - or why you are done growing next year

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
WE HAVE TWO YEARS TO RE-WRITE THE LAWS.

WE HAVE TWO YEARS TO RE-WRITE THE LAWS.

NEXT YEAR WHEN RECREATIONAL CANNABIS IS LEGALIZED IN CALIFORNIA THE CURRENT BILLS AB266 SB643 AND AB243 WILL BE NULLIFIED.

WHATS MORE IMPORTANT NOW IS THAT WE DON'T STOP GROWING.

GO AND GET YOUR LICENSE FROM THE STATE AT YOUR LOCAL COUNTY REGISTRATION OFFICE.

GET INVOLVED WITH THE BOE BOARD OF EQUALIZATION. MEETINGS FOR THE CANNABIS INDUSTRY ARE FREQUENT

GET YOUR SELLERS PERMIT AND PAY TAXES BIG BOYS.

LOS ANGELES COUNTY LAST YEAR ONLY HAD 10% OF ITS DISPENSARIES REPORT THEIR EARNINGS FOR THE YEAR AND THAT WAS 100 MILLION DOLLARS. THINK ABOUT IT.

GO TO YOUR LOCAL NORML CHAPTER MEETINGS.

LINK UP WITH WOMEN GROW.

TELL DANNY DANKO TO PRINT ON HEMP THE FUCKING HYPOCRITE. LOL

LETS FINALLY GET JACK HERER'S WORK FINISHED AND PASS CCHI2016 CALIFORNIA CANNABIS AND HEMP INITIATIVE! ITS ALL ABOUT HEMP REALLY, LETS CHANGE THE WORLD GUYS!!!!! The California Hemp Act of 2016

AND DON'T FORGET MCLR2016!!! The Marijuana Control, Legalization and Revenue Act of 2016

CHECK OUT THIS NEW IDEA - LETS GET MARIJUANA LEGALIZED ON THE CALI CONSTITUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE GOVERNMENT USED TO REQUIRE ALL CITIZENS TO GROW HEMP AND I THINK ITS TIME WE GET THAT IDEA BACK IN MOTION!!!

The Compassionate and Sensible Access Act

CHECK IT OUT BROTHERS AND SISTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

WE GOT THIS!!!! GO CALI! GO CALI! GO CALI!!!!

GOOD VIBES - GREEN BLESSINGS - LOVE AND LIGHT - PEACE

NAMASTE

the_real_cannafornia

Gry

Thanks to OP and those who contributed. Sure has my eyeballs and pulse jumping. Compassionate use act was kind to me.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
the third bill

the third bill

Mickey put up the rest today here;
http://reformca.org/freedom/2015/09/15/ab-243-breakdown-and-analysis.-what-is-it-all-about/

only thing that will probably interest you is the actual language that regulates the size of patient and caregiver grows.

(g) This section does not apply to a qualified patient cultivating marijuana pursuant to Section 11362.5 if the area he or she uses to cultivate marijuana does not exceed 100 square feet and he or she cultivates marijuana for his or her personal medical use and does not sell, distribute, donate, or provide marijuana to any other person or entity. This section does not apply to a primary caregiver cultivating marijuana pursuant to Section 11362.5 if the area he or she uses to cultivate marijuana does not exceed 500 square feet and he or she cultivates marijuana exclusively for the personal medical use of no more than five specified qualified patients for whom he or she is the primary caregiver within the meaning of Section 11362.7 and does not receive remuneration for these activities, except for compensation provided in full compliance with subdivision (c) of Section 11362.765. For purposes of this section, the area used to cultivate marijuana shall be measured by the aggregate area of vegetative growth of live marijuana plants on the premises. Exemption from the requirements of this section does not limit or prevent a city, county, or city and county from regulating or banning the cultivation, storage, manufacture, transport, provision, or other activity by the exempt person, or impair the enforcement of that regulation or ban.

This program does not include patients who are cultivating in an area under 100 sq ft (10 x 10) that are growing just for themselves, and do not sell, give away, or SHARE their weed with anyone else. Got that? Your personal 10x10 garden does not get regulated as long as you never share a joint with anyone from it. Otherwise you are fucked. Sorry.

Caregivers are not regulated by this program if their garden is under 500 sq ft (25 x 20) and they are cultivating for 5 or less patients. You must meet the definition of primary caregiver for those 5 folks which means, “individual designated by the patient... who has consistently assumed responsibility for the housing, health, or safety of that person." And you can’t get paid… sorry.

The square footage is measured by the combination of grow areas used…
Cities and counties can still ban or limit growing if they want though…

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
So actually they made the space twice as big as expected per patient, to 10 x 10.
5 or 6 lights going full time in that space could produce enough to keep one person very medicated and a caregiver could still make money on the black market running 20-25 lights.

gardens this size will be like a big sign that says non-compliant next year:

22_121410global_09.jpg

picture.php

the future of Cali grows will be looking more like this.
4 acres 40,000 plants auto water and foliar mexican harvested and all of it extracted to go into vape pens.

picture.php

picture.php

somebody in CA will get rich selling 10 x 10 and 20 x 25 greenhouses soon….

theJointedOne

Veteran
Yea 100 sq ft they tried that.

Well as caregiver for someone, who could definitely be a partner, husband, wife, relatives, or close friends, as those relationship types are easily fall into the definition of 'caregiver', I'm definitely exploiting this loophole.

With 500 sq ft, I'll be running 2 50x5 deps. A good dep grower can get 1/2 lb. per ft length of canopy. So id be shooting for 50 pounds two to three times a year...Obviously for personal use between me and my care given friend ;)

Actually you could make the beds 40x5 and have a 10x10 GH stashed away for small breeding programs/ male storage/ clone nursery ect

HL45

Veteran
Yea 100 sq ft they tried that.

Well as caregiver for someone, who could definitely be a partner, husband, wife, relatives, or close friends, as those relationship types are easily fall into the definition of 'caregiver', I'm definitely exploiting this loophole.

With 500 sq ft, I'll be running 2 50x5 deps. A good dep grower can get 1/2 lb. per ft length of canopy. So id be shooting for 50 pounds two to three times a year...Obviously for personal use between me and my care given friend ;)

Actually you could make the beds 40x5 and have a 10x10 GH stashed away for small breeding programs/ male storage/ clone nursery ect

That doesn't sound too bad when you put it like that.....Hello sog goodbye big plants..

Can you clarify a good growers yield into square ft?
1/2# per linear foot doesn't make sense to me unless there is another dimension

Do you mean 1'x5'?

Last edited:

jrmedic

Using tJO's math it would be 1/2# per 5 square feet.

Haven't seen or heard anything about plant count wrt caregiving. Just stay under 99 or are the 6/12 general guidelines still in effect?

furrywall11

I thought I'd heard that 1 oz per square foot is considered successful in a greenhouse setting.. so, a 22 x 70 foot greenhouse which is pretty standard would be 1540 square feet - %20 for walk ways = 1232 square feet = 77 units per greenhouse.

With the same math on a 5 x 50 = 250 - .20 for walk ways = 200 / 16 = 12.5 units per greenhouse... you could prob get away without having walkways on a 5x50 though.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Caregivers are not regulated by this program if their garden is under 500 sq ft (25 x 20) and they are cultivating for 5 or less patients. You must meet the definition of primary caregiver for those 5 folks which means, “individual designated by the patient... who has consistently assumed responsibility for the housing, health, or safety of that person." And you can’t get paid… sorry.

PLEASE LOOK UP THE STATES DEFINITION OF A CAREGIVER BECAUSE VERY VERY VERY VERY FEW PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY CAREGIVERS.

Are you wiping the persons ass and feeding them, bathing them and putting them to bed and waking them up? NO? not a care giver.

IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE 5 PATIENTS AS A REAL CAREGIVER. EVEN NURSES CAN'T DO THAT.

YOU WANNA GROW MORE PLANTS? TALK TO ME. PM ME AND I'LL SET UP YOU WITH THE LEGALITIES HERE IN CALIFORNIA.

TWO WORDS MOTHER FUCKERS

COOPERATIVE CORPORATION. if you wanna do shit proper.

We gotta follow the Attorney General Guidelines till 2018 for growing.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
fuck em ..kiss my ass and bite me...I will carry on as usual...got the electric run and the small lean to greenhouse repaired...yeehaw...suck it

EvergreenState

Coming from Washington all I can say is, welcome to pot legalization. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
What a lot of people don't seem to understand is that the only way the fed was ever going to allow legalization is if the state took over for the fed regarding enforcing pot laws, made laws very similar to what the feds already had and allowed the state to have a pot monopoly via tax revenues.
So I'll tell of you guys what I told everyone in Washington, do not vote for legalization and tell every one you know not to vote for it. Organize and fight it. Hold out until you get a legalization bill that allows you to grow.
If you don't, I'm telling you, you will long for these days. The state will guard it's monopoly fiercely. You can expect strict monitoring of electric bills. The only thing a government agency hates worse than criminals are people it regards as taking it's money. You take from a government monopoly and you will be public enemy number 1.
See when a government sets up a state run monopoly they see all the revenues from taxation as it's money and monopolies hate competition and in fact will never allow it.. A government run money stealing revenue dept. puts a mafia run loan shark business to shame when it comes to punitive measures of collection.
Pot legalize on a state level is all about total control, enforcement and revenue getting. It's like the fed but you have to pay them too.

HL45

Veteran
Yeah Washington totally blew it when it came to legalization, more like monopolization. Couldn't believe it when I saw it, really dropped the ball up there.

At least in Colorado and Oregon anyone of age can grow plants..

Sunfire

Veteran
Look at the federal CARES act. Wake up and look around!

These bills can not be complied with! Go ahead and try and risk the subpoenas of all yoir info and the 30k fines for every little mistake of you AND your employees.

I'm planting for the cause next year because this is a huge false flag operation to distract everyone and keep em.busy while the feds make their move. Fuck a license!!!!!!!

The governor or hasn't signed ANY of the bills yet and kubby with the AMMA and the California Cannabis Coalition are already filing lawsuits.

The CSAA is heavily needed alongside a good legalization initiative cause soon thay all we will have once the feds go schedule 2 and only licensed pharmaceutical companies get to play with "medical."

Plant for the god damn cause!!!!!!!

Follow @csaa2016. Donate and volunteer at their website!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-17-12-30-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-17-12-30-36.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 24

EvergreenState

For now. That's the way they do it and get people to vote for it. Then they chip away at it and take more away as they go. Got to nail those fuckers down in the wording of these documents so they aren't allowed in wiggle room in the future.
Like I said, when they see the dough coming in they always want more and they will see people growing for themselves as cutting into their revenue streams. If they start losing revenue from one area they look to see where they can make it up. Then guess what, no more growing because if you have to buy it they get more revenues. People have to understand that government agencies don't care about allowing people to exercise their rights, the ability and right to use your own judgment about what is right for them and allowing them to exercise free will. They are about ruling and controlling. They will tell you what is good for you and what is not and what you can do and what you can't do.
Of course it's always about the money. They know better than you how to spend your money and what to spend it on. So if they decide they need money for programs they like, they go and get it.
You have to nail it down with these states in the wording of documents and laws that they can't change the laws in the future that would allow them to come and get that revenue by changing the pot laws. If you don't do it in the wording of these documents in the beginning, they will change them in the future and come and get that revenue by stopping growing by individuals.
Don't ever be fooled by thinking that when these initiatives pass and the laws are drawn up that this is set in stone. Oh no this stuff is made of soft clay that they mold any way they want in the future. Believe it.

HL45

Veteran
Well in Colorado I do believe it's part is the states constitution, so it's a lot harder to change

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
JERRY BROWN STILL HASN'T SIGNED THE 3 POT BILLS.

CAUSE WE CALLING EVERY DAY AND FAXING HIM.

HELP CALI AND CALL THE GOVERNORS OFFICE OPPOSING THE 3 POT BILLS. HE'S BEEN ON BLAST ALL WEEK.

AMERICANS FOR SAFE ACCESS IS SUING The American Medicinal Marijuana Association

THE CCC IS ALSO FILING A LAWSUIT AGAINST THE BILLS. IM NOT 100% SURE WHICH CCC BUT I THINK THEM Cannabis Creative Conference

ORANGE COUNTY NORML FUNDRAISING PARTY ON SEPT 26TH AT GOOSEFIRE - HIT ME UP FOR DETAILS. WE NEED VENDORS FOR THE SILENT AUCTION. EVERYTHING GOES TOWARDS CANNABIS REFORM.

CSAA IS TITS.

Sunfire

Veteran
No its California Cannabis Coalition.

The ASA isn't suing the AMMA?!? Don Duncan can't just go and sue someone because they are suing the state. The AMMA is suing the state and so is the CCC. I'm pretty sure the ASA won't be suing the state cause "Teflon don" is good buddies with Dan rush and the ufcw.

that was the wrong link. It's americanmarijuana.org you can see it in the screen shot I attached. The one you linked looks like the Michigan chapter. Kubby is a bad ass lawyer and I know some of the tahoe team behind him. The state purposely over reached and it could be a bargaining tactic as evergreen ranch had mentioned. The csaa and the cchi was filed before the 11th hour move on those bills. The politicians knew about them. I'm heavily inclined to believe there's more too it all.

...I said that all on my last post...

yes furry that was I who told you the 1oz per square foot thing in regards to a full canopy greenhouse. There's a lot of factors involved but I consider myself blessed to get anything over that. If I get less, that strain never goes back in.

Evergreen ranch - actually your a bit wrong. A voter initiative can not be fucked with by assembly and senate. Hence the lawsuits, because they are trying infringe on the rights that prop 215 gave us which is a voter initiative. Sb420 was a Senate bill so they can fuck with that all they want. "Legally" these initiatives will thwart the bad bills ESPECIALLY the csaa because it's a constitutional amendment which is the ultimate trump card that can not be touched and will be the law. Because it is so powerful though, we need twice the amount of signatures to qualify it for the ballot, just over 500k

as I said however, this is just another step. The third attached pic is a screen shot and the context of the post talks about a bipartisan bill just introduced to get the DEA out of marijuana business in states that allow it. This followed by the National cancer institute releasing their findings that cannabis fights cancer (which was cute cause the feds have had that patent for a long time) alongside with the CARERS act, only shows their intention. Which is to move to schedule 2. As I've said before, now is the time to break open the war chests. Handle your county, like now, this winter. Then we got to handle the state. Then the states need to unite against the feds. It's far from over.
@csaa2016 @sunfire_ranch

Attachments

• IMG_20150912_164717.jpg
    IMG_20150912_164717.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_2015-09-15-21-06-42.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-15-21-06-42.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_2015-09-19-11-50-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-09-19-11-50-17.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 24