What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Breeding Crash Course

valk

Recently I've spent quite a lot of money on seeds and I'd like to keep some in storage, which means making more.

I'm bascially looking for a "making seeds 101" type thing. From what I think I understand, I can just take pollen from a male and pollinate a fem to end up with (F2?) seeds. Assuming that both the male and female were the same pheno.

If there's already a thread dealing with this that I've missed, please let me know, otherwise can someone give me just a few lines on if I'm on the right track?

G

yep, valk you have the basics, just collect the pollen from the males on a piece of paper, brusha single branch with it, try a place with no air movement. tag the branch and waitill there done. right around the time the males dumpin is a good time to polly the plants you wanto do. you will see the husk splittin and a nice ripe bean when there ready.

dont worry about a bit of over pollination, you may get a few extra seed where ya didnt want. if ya move slow and easy you wont make a mess:D

CBF

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Maryjane Botany

Maryjane Botany

Also get Rob Clarke's book on breeding.
It's called Marijuana Botany.
It will cover everything you will need.Cost about $35.00 or so but worth it's weight in gold :smile:
Take care................CC

valk

Thanks CBF, that's pretty much what I was looking for. I guess I need to time things pretty accurately since I only have a single grow area (box) and I don't want all my ladies getting pregnent! lol

CC, thanks for the book suggestion. Not too long ago I downloaded the complete cannabis grow library, which has this whole book in a MS Word Doc. Thanks for bringing it up or I never would have known! :)

EDIT: after reading through that doc real quick, I see it's missing a ton of stuff. I'll be buying the book afterall! :)

G

leave your males in there till you see there balls start to drop, then pull um out. once males start flowerin there isnt to much that will stop um, you can finish um under fluros no problem. or next to a window.

CBF