What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help needed with PG + full spectrum vape oil recipe separating

p0opstlnksal0t

These current juices are separating at 3 weeks of age. The ones separating are 2:1 PG to Oil. Im wondering if my winterization was ineffective at -25f do I need a colder winterization to stop my oil from separating with PG mixtures? what would be the trick to longer shelf life?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 20
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 20
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 20

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
You need EJ-mix or something similar. Straight PG or VG does not mix well with concentrates. They do OK with raw bud, but doing OK is not great.

watts

ohms
Veteran
yeah you need to add some PEG400 to your concentrate and then add your PG. Also it looks like you are burning your mixture. Try a different cartridge and/or lower voltage around 2.5-3 volts.

p0opstlnksal0t

Would adding peg400 now after it's been mixed be effective? What would be a good starting ratio I currently have about a leader of 2 to 1 Vape oil right now

RocoTai3mmrolin

You should use VapeurExtract. it's way better than EJ mix imo. also they have a winterizing liquid called Clear that allows you rid of all the unwanted fats&lipids that make your cartridge look muddy/unclear. if you also search vapeurterp they carry vapeurextract and holyterp.
I prefer the terps, it makes my cartridges alot more potent for that stronggg hit. + they have a BUNCH of flavors at a really cheap cost.

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Full spectrum extracts dont work well in the low voltage carts... u need the big boy nicotine set up... it'll blow your mind when it's all done right