What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

the journey of an urban gorilla

master kusher

honestly it feels like I haven't checked on them in over a month, but I know I've been there in July. Going to check soon might add some flowering nutrients to help out with things. Also think that I'm going to go ahead and throw the jiffy pellets outdoors after being soaked in some nitrogen rich solution, I might even bring the solution out there to water them in but I like this jiffy pellet method the most because I'm not breaking my back hauling shit. Am also happy to see that people are willing to take some of my testers.(no more testers available btw)

master kusher

Things are looking on the up and up. so I have 5 or 6 logged at the location, but plan on adding more. one is 10-12 ft tall and 2 are over my head one being a sativa dominant (9 leaves) Dinafem critical+. 4 are in one group and look like a single 5-6 foot tall plant but is a little droopy because I broke up the root ball by accident while transplanting. and another 2 are 5-6 ft tall and bushy..oh man nothing beats the way the sun grows them.

steasy88

Keep posting bro we would like to see how it ends up at the end to many never show the end product keep the thread alive

master kusher

OK It looks like nearly all the plants have started to enter flowering stages except for the 72 or so starts ;). Some look like they are only a week or two into flowering while others look like they are on week 5 or 6. I will attempt to post pic.s of finished buds, but I might need some guidance.
P.S. most that are outdoors are over my head one being around 11 feet and looking like its in week ~2 of flowering

Badfishy1

OK It looks like nearly all the plants have started to enter flowering stages except for the 72 or so starts ;). Some look like they are only a week or two into flowering while others look like they are on week 5 or 6. I will attempt to post pic.s of finished buds, but I might need some guidance.
P.S. most that are outdoors are over my head one being around 11 feet and looking like its in week ~2 of flowering

Plenty of fun on the horizons! Hope scissors are sharp

CannaFunk

Sounds like theyre going to turn out with a nice yield. I wish I could go that long without watering, the Sun is so powerful here it dries up everything quickly. Would love to see the cure.:smoke out:

master kusher

Sounds like theyre going to turn out with a nice yield. I wish I could go that long without watering, the Sun is so powerful here it dries up everything quickly. Would love to see the cure.:smoke out:

the trick imo (what I've found successful) is to nurture them until they are big enough to compete with surrounding vegetation along with being big enough to survive a week or so without water, but soon I'm going to try this jiffy peat pot method it works nice for germ.ing I'll see about the transplant (they will be fairly small)

P.S. just to give you an idea of the suns intense light I put 4 autos out and came back a few days later to see them friend so I just put more in the same place lol man all sorts of crazy stuff I see likeonthe way out I was within 10 yards or less maybe 6 or 7 of a skunk ( they make trails and roam my paths almost always there and daunting) I also saw some people on their patio on the way in to give you an idea of how urban it is easy to say I won't be coming back to that on for a while. Figure it's for the best, because I got a good bit there anyways figure it's time to start somewhere else. :) (previously ammended land within the last year or so

Last edited:

master kusher

update: most of one plant taken down, taken early because it fell over and I was afraid of not enough air circulation and rot. Not only that but it seemed to be about time anyways hence why I left about 30-40 percent of the plant. None the less the quality is superb and the affect is amazing I couldn't even finish half a raw joint lol. No complaints about yield either considering the plant finished at probably 7.5 or 8.5 feet I think I got ATLEAST 16 ounces from the whole plant, but considering I didn't harvest the whole plant I probably got 10-12 ounces. Who knew that this was going to be one of the more difficult parts of the process, all the paranoia and whatnot (having to deal with drying and trimming/storage)

Boyd Crowder

Teem MiCr0B35
ben lurking here and honestly, im glad you got to the finish line

but its boring af when you dont post pics so yeah
i havent read this whole thread because of this
i thought id learn some tech about urban growing which is releavnt to me
but the burbs aint really urban

i wanna see the money shot

i will open a thread read the first 1-3 pages then skip to page 11-13 for the nug shots

dunno bout yalls , but thats just me

anyways im not hatin bro, im glad you got to the finish line
hope you found some good spots for next season too

master kusher

Hey Boyd tbh in my experience I've got some of the most useful information from threads that contain next to no pictures. I don't know what you mean by burbs? lol idk if you know, but I was asking for help on how to post pictures earlier in the thread. My friend said that the bud tasted similar to dabs on the exhale lol, it reminds me of these buds that this company in LA produces called jungle boys. Next season I plan on switching to legal grow op tbh. (I might take this camera out there and snap some shots on a small 1gb flash drive ie no tracing. Funny enough I didn't even harvest the whole plant.

master kusher

update: everything went smooth still feel that I'm under scrutiny though. my tallest plant must've been at least 10-11 feet tall, but produced no bud as it rotted before it could or dried up one of the two. Ironically some of my best producers were about 6 feet and very bushy, some 7.

master kusher

ben lurking here and honestly, im glad you got to the finish line

but its boring af when you dont post pics so yeah
i havent read this whole thread because of this
i thought id learn some tech about urban growing which is releavnt to me
but the burbs aint really urban

i wanna see the money shot

i will open a thread read the first 1-3 pages then skip to page 11-13 for the nug shots

dunno bout yalls , but thats just me

anyways im not hatin bro, im glad you got to the finish line
hope you found some good spots for next season too
My grow was in the inner city the key to picking spots is seeing where the sun is going to be and having plenty of sun. Along with the proper planting time the plants required next to no care, other than a few amendment/fertilizer trips and maybe one or two water trips the whole season. I don't recommend going to an urban plot often, because it increases the probability of being caught on the plot. (shits sketchy the plot was maybe half a mile away from suburban neighborhoods. ( the closest house being maybe 200 yards away)