What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why can't you clone a triploid?

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
My friend has a triploid MK Ultra that I'd like a clone of, but the clones seem to be regular diploids. What's the technical reasoning behind this?

Snype

Veteran
If your original came from seed and it was never topped to begin with, try only taking the original top and if that works then take the top of the clone too. My triploids were always wack compared to the regular pheno's.

i noticed this exact thing with a bagseed a long time ago. I'm assuming it has something to do w/ gene expression. might be something that will only occur on the main stem of the plant. know a few strains try to breed for that with the idea that an extra branches = extra buds. old school Master Kush comes to mind......

burnt out og'er
Veteran
Maybe it's not really triploid, perhaps its what Clark called whorled phylotaxy.
Wait until the clones put on more nodes, they might start spinning out too.

Latest posts

Latest posts