What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Yellow veins/brown spots on top leaves [pics inside] - any suggestions?

Beluga

Hi all,

I'm almost to week 8 of flowering on this banana og from seed. Grown in KIS Organics Soil mix, top dressed with fresh vermicompost after flipping and fed lightly with compost tea, fish fert and fermented plant juice in veg and flower.

I'm noticing a few bright yellow leaves on the bottom which I think is normal fading (see pics). But, some fan leaves on the top are showing yellow veins and some brown spots (also see pics).

I've not seen the top fan leaves start to fade like this before, so I'm wondering if something is up? I've got some longer flowering strains in with this this that have been given the same watering/feeding regime and none of them are showing any issues.

Any thoughts? Is this just some weird fading towards end of flower or symptom of something?

These are bottom leaves yellowing looks like normal fade to me?

Here are top leaves, not sure whats going on with these:

Sargemilla

It's pretty normal. I've seen many plants (here on icmag) with brown and yellow leaves towards the end of flowering cycle. If you have more than 3-4 weeks on her, maybe you should worry, but if you'll harvest soon don't sweat over it.

ozzieAI

Veteran
this is how i fade my plants out...

picture.php

...smooth as silk for those that smoke/vape it...

Cvh

Supermod
As already stated above. It's exactly what you want.
Just give it plain water and try to keep it going for a few more weeks. Let it fade.
It will give you a smooth smoke.

If you were in start/mid flower I would have said feed it.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is the estimated flower time on the cultivar?
The cultivar I grew mostly was 49-54 days to ripe so we would be harvesting.
We typically saw the whole plant going yellow at life's end so I would not be concerned unless the brown spots indicate rust (fungus). If left too long you might tempt botrytis.

Don't think you are flushing especially by over watering in this phase. This may sound silly but some growers do this.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Yea hell I'd want every leaf on her yellow before harvest.....flush the hell outta her and let it dry out some and harvest. I've got albums of indoor grows and guarantee you at harvest I'll have flushed the green to yellow

Hashcough710

Cal/mag

Cal/mag

The yellow spots are calcium deficiency, the yellowing is magnesium deficient, but if you are nearly at the end of flowering, it is normal to do, it's the fall effect just like outdoor plants when they yellow out at fall for winter, they are eating all of their nutrients, your smoke will danker and smoother.

goodforyou

PLEASE HELP. Yellow spots underneath leaves. No bugs underneath the leaves.

PLEASE HELP. Yellow spots underneath leaves. No bugs underneath the leaves.

Hello,

I am currently at 30 days in to flowering in soil. I have these yellow spots on multiple leaves from different plants. I looked under the scope the leaves but I did not find any bugs, spider, crawles, eggs… They are clean. Any idea, what are these spots? I useing Plagron algae bloom and Green sensation, pH is 6,3. The last picture is under the scope under the leaves.

20191102_102119.jpg 20191102_102114.jpg

20191102_102123.jpg 20191103_111541.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts