What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is CBD storefront in Pa. a good idea?

mayhem69

Hi, longtime mmj veteran here. I want to open up a storefront here in SE Pa. I want to sell cbd products, essential oil products, organics, etc.
With the opiate epidemic and heroin problem here i think cbd products would make alot of $$.
What do you guys think?
any help or advice appreciated!

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
CBD is great, it's just significantly less effective without THC. There's a bell curve of effectiveness without any THC involved. This means a little doesn't do anything, more doesn't do much at all, the right amount does some help and adding more becomes a waste.

With THC, a little is effective, a little more is a little more effective and a lot is highly effective. Huge difference in results, even with only about 3% THC.

Probably make money for a while, PA going medical/recreational anytime soon?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aren't all CBD products Schedule I? Read if there's differences in isolate or oil. Find out all the specifications before entering.

mayhem69

Aren't all CBD products Schedule I? Read if there's differences in isolate or oil. Find out all the specifications before entering.

From what ive read, cbd products are not schedule 1 any longer. They were removed from the list.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is what I found:

https://ufc.usada.org/cbd-in-2018-four-questions-answered/
Are CBD supplements legal?
No, dietary supplements containing CBD are not legal. Under federal law, it’s illegal for any dietary supplement, food, or medication to contain CBD, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA reminds consumers that CBD is a Schedule 1 drug under the Controlled Substances Act and that “CBD is a component of the marijuana plant that is not FDA approved in any drug product for any indication.”

Moreover, CBD products can be created from very different strains of cannabis and those strains may contain high levels of THC. And because there are no pre-market safety, efficacy, or good manufacturing practice requirements for CBD products, it’s very difficult to know how much THC a product contains, or if there were other prohibited substances added to the preparation.

In recent years, the FDA has analyzed the chemical content of compounds in unapproved new drugs that claim to contain CBD, and many of those products contained levels of CBD that were different from what the product claimed. Given the number of unapproved CBD products on the market, the FDA has issued numerous warning letters to companies and cautioned consumers that unapproved “products with unsubstantiated therapeutic claims are not only a violation of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, but can also put patients at risk as these products have not been proven to be safe or effective.”

mayhem69

This is what I found:

https://ufc.usada.org/cbd-in-2018-four-questions-answered/
Are CBD supplements legal?
No, dietary supplements containing CBD are not legal. Under federal law, it’s illegal for any dietary supplement, food, or medication to contain CBD, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The FDA reminds consumers that CBD is a Schedule 1 drug under the Controlled Substances Act and that “CBD is a component of the marijuana plant that is not FDA approved in any drug product for any indication.”

Moreover, CBD products can be created from very different strains of cannabis and those strains may contain high levels of THC. And because there are no pre-market safety, efficacy, or good manufacturing practice requirements for CBD products, it’s very difficult to know how much THC a product contains, or if there were other prohibited substances added to the preparation.

In recent years, the FDA has analyzed the chemical content of compounds in unapproved new drugs that claim to contain CBD, and many of those products contained levels of CBD that were different from what the product claimed. Given the number of unapproved CBD products on the market, the FDA has issued numerous warning letters to companies and cautioned consumers that unapproved “products with unsubstantiated therapeutic claims are not only a violation of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, but can also put patients at risk as these products have not been proven to be safe or effective.”

thank you for your help! So if the cbd tincture i sell has no thc in it how can it be illegal?
ALso anyone know anything about almost clear CBD using ethanol extraction? Supposively its 60% pure and filtered 5 times. I never saw cbd oil that is near clear in color.
Can anyone share?

Latest posts

Latest posts