What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

India- himachal pradesh

txuck

Hi everyone.... i will be in India for 3 weeks durin august and september...:jump:

Im thinking to go to himachal pradesh.... manali, kullu ... malana....or other towns that u sugest me....:)
Need info about the area,, what to visit, prices of weed and hash... and friendly spots for smokers in the area.... not like places crowd of tourism ... any town that is nice and friendly in the area for smoke and host??:tiphat: hotels, beer places ( need some beer )

Then i will move south to Agra , Vinares ...etc... how is easy to score in the cities--- bangh shops?? :bump:

I would like go to GOA or Kerala... but i think that in august- september is the Monzon.... and i should be rainny????

Anyway thanks for your time....

agur:wave:

hanuman

Smoke friendly places are all over in himachal. Well you still have to watch out for the police etc, but charras is all over. Although august / september is a bit early for fresh charras.

Go to the parvati valley, just (well 3 to 4 hrs) off Kulu. Don't expect to find beer easily though as it is a traditional hindu area, where it's not easy to find meat, let alone alcohol, unless you can stomach the white "rum" (not rum at all really... they call it "wine" too) that some locals drink. I can't.

Bhang shops yes, you'll find some in Benares/Varanasi. (there used to be a great one on one of the big roundabouts on the main street leading to main ghat). There are official government bhang shops, as well as bhang lassi "bars" (well not really bars but you know what I mean)

As for goa in september, the atmosphere is still very damp and the sea isn't very clear at that time of the year, but I spent a month there in september a few years back and I don't think I saw any rain at all.

The only problem : 3 weeks it much too short a stay for india. Takes you a month or two to get used to the place :)

hth

h :ying:

txuck

Thanks a lot hanuman.... for 3 weeks im going to spend the trip in parvati valley and then move to Kerala ... provably Varkala:jump: i will not go to venares, agra, jaipur.... :bump:

Any info from kerala and what differents types of weed i can find??
Is varkala a nice place for bodyboarding and smoking??

thans
agur:tiphat:

SEVEN47

If you wanna get high as soon as you touch down off some bhang hit up one of those "bhaiya" cigaratte stands. Ask for a "bhola" or pronounced as po-la I believe. It will come prepackaged and ready to consume with some spices and salts mixed in. Drop one or two of those babies in a cup of tea and you will be set for a good 6 or more hours. Cost is around 2-3rs per ball. The stand will look something like this.

1223-400x600-545_people_smokes_and_paan_vendor.jpg

or could be even more ghetto and look like this

Gutka_vendor_in_India.jpg

Sometimes they have the goods out in the open, other times its tucked away. Don't get discouraged if you get denied at one location, could be that they just don't have it. I know in northern india(himachal, punjab, haryana) this is easily available.

Bubb

Thanks a lot hanuman.... for 3 weeks im going to spend the trip in parvati valley and then move to Kerala ... provably Varkala:jump: i will not go to venares, agra, jaipur.... :bump:

Any info from kerala and what differents types of weed i can find??
Is varkala a nice place for bodyboarding and smoking??

thans
agur:tiphat:

Hello there!

I was in Varkala some time ago.. It's a great spot for sure, real chillout place, especially during offseason.
Weed is available in Varkala, but atleast in spring the quality wasn't really good.. Allthough I didn't really look for weed, since I had hash brought from Kashmir. Anyway, I'm sure you'll find something to smoke, dont worry, but remember to check stuff before buying it... And ofcourse remember to bargain! (They will ask _atleast_ double price first.)

Beer is available in restaurants, around 150rs for kingfisher strong (600ml bottle).

Oh yes, bodyboarding. Boards cost like 150-300rs for a day, just like sunbeds and umbrellas. Waves are cool, but beware of currents!!!

Ps. watch out for guard patrols! Look around before lighting your spliff.

Latest posts

Latest posts