Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Cannabis Concentrates > The solution for molded bud

Thread Title Search
The solution for molded bud Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-24-2017, 10:09 PM #1
coldcanna

coldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud of
The solution for molded bud

Just wanted to kick this idea out there and see if anyone has tried it yet, the science seems to be there to support my idea but at the moment I don't have access to the proper equipment to test the idea.

Awhile ago GW posted an article on SP about salvaging moldy bud. You dissolve your extract in ethanol and pull it through a #1 lab filter then re-filter it through a .2 micron syringe filter. This removes all evidence of the mold but it will not remove Aflatoxins, which are known carcinogens.

Here are the boiling points of the 2 more common aflatoxins, there are 14 different ones I believe but this is where I began:

B1: 528*C
B2: 426*C

So knowing this, to me it would appear that running your filtered extract through a disitillation setup you could harvest the cannabinoids and leave the toxins in the boiling flask. Has anybody tried this ?
coldcanna is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.

Click to shop for Extractors and Hardware
Old 09-24-2017, 10:37 PM #2
aquavitae

aquavitae will become famous soon enoughaquavitae will become famous soon enough
The solution for molded bud -> garbage bin.
aquavitae is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:40 AM #3
coldcanna

coldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud ofcoldcanna has much to be proud of
I know I'm going to get the cast of people who are going to say just throw it away because yes I agree its unethical to give people dirty product. That having been said, if you've ever been in a situation where you have 10 or 15lbs of product and your mortgage depends on it you might be playing a different tune. I'm not saying here to do anything shady, I'm talking about developing a legit process where the final product can pass lab tests and be safe for consumers.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:46 AM #4
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
If there is a verifiable way to make the moldy weed smokeable, I say go for it. Only way to really know would be to experiment and test it. Science > opinions.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:48 AM #5
Gr33nSanta

The market is and is about to get even more flooded, only people producing super high grade will survive, no process will bring sub par product into the market.

Just like farming (be it livestock, veggies, grains ....) most farmers will have to have a real day job to survive, very few will make a living with it.

Sad but true!

Old 09-25-2017, 04:51 AM #6
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldcanna View Post
I know I'm going to get the cast of people who are going to say just throw it away because yes I agree its unethical to give people dirty product. That having been said, if you've ever been in a situation where you have 10 or 15lbs of product and your mortgage depends on it you might be playing a different tune.
what you wrote below is fair enough but please don't say that everyone who relies on growing to feed their family makes this compromise because not everyone does

My simple rule for myself was you'll never learn not to fuck up if those fuck ups don't cost you proper

Quote:
I'm not saying here to do anything shady, I'm talking about developing a legit process where the final product can pass lab tests and be safe for consumers.
good luck

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:30 AM #7
Andyo

Andyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to allAndyo is a name known to all
Critical observation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr33nSanta View Post
The market is and is about to get even more flooded, only people producing super high grade will survive, no process will bring sub par product into the market.

Just like farming (be it livestock, veggies, grains ....) most farmers will have to have a real day job to survive, very few will make a living with it.

Sad but true!
Be the best or lose.A

Old 09-25-2017, 05:48 AM #8
prune

prune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really nice
Quote:
I know I'm going to get the cast of people who are going to say just throw it away because yes I agree its unethical to give people dirty product. That having been said, if you've ever been in a situation where you have 10 or 15lbs of product and your mortgage depends on it you might be playing a different tune. I'm not saying here to do anything shady, I'm talking about developing a legit process where the final product can pass lab tests and be safe for consumers.
Lol, haven't you done a search here? There is a long line of "shady" characters posting the exact same questions you're asking.

"Is there any way I can poison Joe Public and get away with it?

That's what you're asking, and that's not "shady", that's a felony. One of the most despicable in fact, almost as bad as a child molester, if you make it as far as prison...
prune is offline Quote

Old 09-25-2017, 01:13 PM #9
coldcanna

First off- growing outdoors your at the mercy of mother nature and no matter how many preventatives you do your going to get some negatives, so the people saying its from being an untalented farmer just move on. I'm talking about a small percentage of the overall yield trying to be salvaged.

2nd, for the carnival barkers who cant think outside the box and implied I'm being shady. Sewage is treated and cleaned to the point where the water is recycled into the potable system. Butane is poisonous to humans but if proper steps are taken BHO is perfectly fine. Thats what I'm talking about here, is lab testable processes NOT passing poison on to people like you implied.

Grey Wolf himself took time to write about this, where would we be without people trying to innovate. So I'm just looking if anyone has tried distillation here I don't need the thousand opinions from people who arn't willing to experiment.

For all those concerned, let me reiterate that I will have the final product lab tested, so please, enough with the nay saying

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all""

Freedom begins between the ears

Old 09-25-2017, 03:31 PM #10
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
Quote:
First off- growing outdoors your at the mercy of mother nature and no matter how many preventatives you do your going to get some negatives, so the people saying its from being an untalented farmer just move on. I'm talking about a small percentage of the overall yield trying to be salvaged.

2nd, for the carnival barkers who cant think outside the box and implied I'm being shady. Sewage is treated and cleaned to the point where the water is recycled into the potable system. Butane is poisonous to humans but if proper steps are taken BHO is perfectly fine. Thats what I'm talking about here, is lab testable processes NOT passing poison on to people like you implied.

Grey Wolf himself took time to write about this, where would we be without people trying to innovate. So I'm just looking if anyone has tried distillation here I don't need the thousand opinions from people who arn't willing to experiment.

For all those concerned, let me reiterate that I will have the final product lab tested, so please, enough with the nay saying

See here is where it all falls apart for me and why there is no authority who makes any of this better

the great "sadhu" used to advertise hash making to process moldy buds, I am sure if I try I can find the advertisement, yet years later he called out people for doing the same.

all that said how can 4-5 pounds necessary to pay the mortgage be and I quote

Quote:
. I'm talking about a small percentage of the overall yield trying to be salvaged.
You need that small percentage that much for your mortgage?

as a "farmer" it is on you to make the proper sure you have the proper cultivar for local performance and the right microbiological interactions to sustain the plant, but more importantly activate SARS and other aspects of plant health that are relative to your outdoor environments

I get that people want to salvage their investments and I get that testing will alleviate the risk to the consume

I also know that after 25 years of cropping that any environment / plant interactions are on me and if the plant is sick at the end of a cycle that is also on me

all this BULLSHIT about the rough outdoor environment is just that because even at $1000/lb it out values most any other crop by 1000 %

You spending precious time learning how to make shitty meds viable for market instead of putting effort into keep this from every happening again

But hey get money while you can bro because for 99% of the people here that is the PRIMARY objective, isn't it

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.