What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Earliest Outdoor Indica...

EL Picos

Hi, what would be the best available indica 100% photoperiod seeds to try outdoor, my criterias are in order: Shortest flowering period 15 September or before, heavy potent and heavy yielder. For the moment I have 12 strain seeds to try next year and I would like to add 4 or 5 more, I will come back with a clomplete report and photos next year of all the strains tried.
Thanks a lot!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You need to know the light schedule for your particular area.

If you are way north you may need autoflowers to finish that early outdoors.
An approximate location would help other help you choose what you might need.

Most of my plants are only about half way through flower, some less than half, by Sept 15th.

therevverend

Veteran
The further north you go the later the finish. For instance I have a strain my California buddy is harvesting right now. Mine still needs 2 more weeks. It makes northern growing much more difficult.

High yielding, early finish, and high potency, all contradict each other in breeding. A strain that is high yielding tends to be late, potent strains tend to finish later, it is very hard to find a mix of all three.

I've been looking for the same thing you're looking for. I used to have strains that fit the criteria but that was 20 years ago. They're gone now and I haven't been able to find any.

Indicas are your best bet but you'll probably lose out on high yield. The highest yielding plants I've seen have large Indica type buds on a sativa structure.

There are strains that finish by Oct 1 that fit your criteria. Grape Ape is a good one, Royal Kush is another. Hashplants tend to finish reasonably early.

some hybrids known for speed are mikado and green crack

maybe crossing them to a strain known for outdoor mold resistance can also help like erdpurt

autoflower f1 hybrids can be also known as semi autos can be very fast, finding the right auto to cross to is also important

good luck

EL Picos

The further north you go the later the finish. For instance I have a strain my California buddy is harvesting right now. Mine still needs 2 more weeks. It makes northern growing much more difficult.

High yielding, early finish, and high potency, all contradict each other in breeding. A strain that is high yielding tends to be late, potent strains tend to finish later, it is very hard to find a mix of all three.

I've been looking for the same thing you're looking for. I used to have strains that fit the criteria but that was 20 years ago. They're gone now and I haven't been able to find any.

Indicas are your best bet but you'll probably lose out on high yield. The highest yielding plants I've seen have large Indica type buds on a sativa structure.

There are strains that finish by Oct 1 that fit your criteria. Grape Ape is a good one, Royal Kush is another. Hashplants tend to finish reasonably early.

I'm at 48 parallel Canada, somewhere on this planet the 20 years old genetic exist always, I'm like you, I'm searching that, for the moment I work with early genetics that have ruderalis in, and I don't like that so much. :tiphat:

troutman

Seed Whore
I have 2 old strains from SSSC and they both ripen in early September. :)

The M26 and M33 to be exact.

EL Picos

some hybrids known for speed are mikado and green crack

maybe crossing them to a strain known for outdoor mold resistance can also help like erdpurt

autoflower f1 hybrids can be also known as semi autos can be very fast, finding the right auto to cross to is also important

good luck

I will check for the Mikado, concerning the Green Crack it's supposed to be early but I seen many bad reports on it in my zone. Thanks!

troutman

Seed Whore
I want it :), I will try this year Serious 6 feminized and regulars some M33 in it.

I only have a few M33 seeds I made last year outdoors. :peek:

picture.php

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Freezeland I presume is the same as Friesland? I tested it out here in Finland @60N a few years ago, most were too late, but I had a couple fast girls that finished up pretty nicely, too. Don't remember what year it was, but I'm thinking 2013 or 2014, which were ok and good seasons, respectively, when it comes to weather. Should be good for 48 or whatchu said there, mang. For a smoke report all I can say is it was more body and stoned than a high, not bad if u'r looking for indy to toke on. Also, you might wanna check out Esbe's work at Hybrids from Hell, he's a nice guy and prices are very affordable, too. I think 15 Euro dollars is the most expensive pack, so you can pretty much get a pack of everything and still have some cash left. Anyways, I grow knock offs I made from his beans all the time with good results. Check out my picture galleries if u want to see pix and thing. 48 ain't even that far north, so you have options, mang. No worries :tiphat:

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Oops. Forget what I said about freezeland, it was 5 years ago and my memory ain't what it used to be. I had Mighty Freeze, which is Freezeland x Mighty Mite, should technically be a bit of a faster strain than FL, so I can't speak on that. My bad. Whatever other stuff I posted earlier is still valid info tho :)

Hehe yea, 2013 mang. I had high hopes for a spot that had a couple of em mighty freeze plants coming up, looked like they had time to finish, but then one careless joint later:

Luckily I just burned the spot down and not the whole forest. You'd think stuff like this would lead to a lesson learned, but you'd be wrong. However I'm happy to report that it has been 4 years and counting since I last started a forest fire, true story mang. And if someone reading this is wondering about the scale of destruction; Happy to report no one died, and it was only a few square meters that got messed up. And yes, I'm a dumb ass, but not 24/7.

troutman

Seed Whore
Freezeland I presume is the same as Friesland?
Not quite,

Friesland Indica is Friesland Indica.

Freezeland = Friesland Indica X Pluton.

The ones that made that seed mountain above were harvested on September 26.

If seedless, I could have cut them down on September 15 no problem.

For seeds you have to go longer for best results.

mr.brunch

Veteran
420giveaway
Check out realgorillaseeds, they have a forum here... their outdoor stuff is made for northern lats, up to 52n I believe

Latest posts

Latest posts