What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ReikoX's Workshop 2018

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
The Grass Monkey girls are about ready to start some training. They have about five nodes now, almost time to break out the velcro.
picture.php

A peek inside the perpetual. Zak Haze in the back left at seven weeks, Delicious Candy in the back right, and the Crystal Candy x Big Devil XL in the front.
picture.php

Durban Poison screen with some monkey boys on the left. They are just hanging around until I they start to show flowers.
picture.php

Mothers got a haircut and a few clones up front that will be gifted to another patient.
picture.php

The Blueberry in the 1x1x2 is stretching a lot. There may be some light leaks, she's slowly transitioning to flower. I'll be doing more pinching to try and keep them under control.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I think I will be flipping the monkeys to 12/12 soon. They are growing crazy right now. All seem healthy and happy. The fungus gnats are driving me bonkers. I'll give another dose of nematodes in a week or so, that should eliminate the problem. I need some yellow sticky traps too, I'm out. This is pretty common when I mix up a new batch of soil. The problem usually fixes itself pretty quickly.
picture.php

GM5 is the one I have my eye on so far. I've had to tie her down more than the rest and she's already showing pistillate primordia. She is definitely ready to flip.
picture.php

GM3 is about as big as GM5, but not as bushy. She is likely to be the tallest one with longer internode spacing.
picture.php

GM7 is the in the middle in terms of bushiness. Decent branching and internode spacing, but the shortest of them all.
picture.php

GM8 is another one I have my eye on. She has the most uniform amount of tops.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Looking good. How tall are they? and what height are you working with just for the plants growth?

Good question. This cabinet is 30"x30"x30" I'm not sure how tall these are. The pots are 5-gallon. I believe I have roughly 18"-20" from the top if the soil to the bottom of the lights. These are not supposed to stretch much.

Athos

Good question. This cabinet is 30"x30"x30" I'm not sure how tall these are. The pots are 5-gallon. I believe I have roughly 18"-20" from the top if the soil to the bottom of the lights. These are not supposed to stretch much.
I have the same space for the plants, I've been thinking off using shallower, but wider pots to gain a few inches

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Great posts with top notch pics.

You clearly take this seriously and put forth much effort.

Maybe I should add another cabinet to my grow,
and am curious to how much time, on average,
you devote to the grows in any given week.

I like the idea of flowering a plant in a 3 gal pot.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
I hand water every other day. It takes between 30-60 minutes, so less than four hours on actual chores. Of course harvest and reset times probably double that when the time comes. That doesn't count the time I spend admiring them.

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
Good deal, you confirm my suspicions of how dedicated a grower you are.

As if your threads didn't illustrate that fact already, lol.

Good stuff.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Looking good. How tall are they? and what height are you working with just for the plants growth?

Took out the tape .measure for you. Looks like about 19 inches from top of the soil to bottom of the lights.
picture.php

The plants are about 10 inches now that they are all tied up.
picture.php

The plants are ready to flip now, so today starts their first 12 hour night.
picture.php

Athos

Thanks, we have about the same space for plants to grow tall. I want to find a shallower and wider pot, so to gain 3 inches, just to have better bulb / canopy distance.

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Grass Monkey is really starting to fill out the cab. They are super healthy and vigorous, one of the advantages of running seeds IMO. The clones in the cloner are starting to sprout some roots after 7 days. I'll give them some time to get bigger, then transplant them.
picture.php

These are the last of my perpetual CMH. I'll be building another Solstrip light like the other side. The back plant is a Delicious Candy living up to her name in the smell department. Up front are some feminized autos I made, Crystal Candy x Big Devil XL. They don't really like the 12/12 light cycle from seed, but whatever, they were just hash fodder anyway.

I have about three more weeks on the Delicious Candy, then I'll upgrade the lights on that side and probably run something from seed. By the time I get something big enough, the autos should be done. I'm thinking something from LED Seedz I have some Grass Monkey F2, Cherry Tart (Cherry OG x Grass Monkey F2), Creme Brulee (Instant Cookies x Grass Monkey), and Starfighter IBL.
picture.php

My mothers are looking much healthier now that they are getting some chemical fertilizers. The micro pots are just too small to do my normal growing style. One of the reasons I want to upgrade my space is so I can have my mothers in 2-gallon pots. Not only will I be able to do them no-till, but I will also be able to take bigger clones. My mothers include Adonis, Blue Dream, Cannatonic, Deadhead OG, Delicious Candy, Duran Poison, Jilly Bean, Juanita la Lagrimosa, Skywalker OG, and Zak Haze.
picture.php

Finally is the Dinafem blueberry. Got a hint of lemon on the stem rub. She's a pretty stinky plant, this cab doesn't have a carbon filter. Her clone rooted, though I doubt I will run this again. I think I can find a better Blueberry. I have no idea how long she has been flowering, but she looks a ways off still. Next round I think I will use this for the party cup challenge. I have to keep my title going after all. I am going to run those Freedom Dream I got from legalcanada over at Overgrow.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Grass Monkey

Grass Monkey

These naughty little monkies are trying to overgrow my cabinet. I can't have that now can I? Here you can see the canopy is about 14"-16".
picture.php

After a round of bondage with the velcro, I was able to get the canopy down to 10"-12" and pull the main colas back under the lights.. I also chopped the cover crop. Some of the peas were trying to take over the monkies.
picture.php

Here they are all pulled over. Pro tip, if you want to bend and tie your plants up, it is easier if they are ready for a watering. I watered after training them, it's getting difficult to reach the back plants. I will need to do some more trimming under the canopy soon.
picture.php

The only trimming I have done to these monkies is to take the bottom two branches for clones. These four are well rooted after 10 days. They were transplanted into the micro fabric pots with VAM. They will become my bonsai mothers until I pick a keeper.
picture.php

ReikoX

Knight of the BlackSvn
Just a quick update on the Grass Monkey F2. They have reoriented toward the light already. A nice even canopy if I do say so myself.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts